forum

Coyote Kisses - Six Shooter [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
guineaQ
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2017년 2월 4일 토요일 at 오후 7:21:00

Artist: Coyote Kisses
Title: Six Shooter
BPM: 162
Filesize: 4352kb
Play Time: 02:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2.02 stars, 368 notes)
  2. Kantan (1.41 stars, 204 notes)
  3. Muzukashii (2.59 stars, 561 notes)
  4. Oni (3.32 stars, 761 notes)
Download: Coyote Kisses - Six Shooter
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
:taco:
Dainesl
Welp, because I PM'd ya in-game and I said I'd mod this...let's go. I'm back!

Note: whenever I state a suggestion in the first kiai, assume it applies equally to the second kiai unless I specifically mention an example in the second kiai.

General Settings/Miscellaneous

Couldn't you have an OD difference between Kantan and Futsuu? They're relatively quite far apart in terms of density difference, so I was thinking either make Kantan OD3 (which is what I think would work well since 1.3*) or make the Futsuu OD4.5. Makes more sense with regards to density imo.

On that note, however, I think the HP here especially for Kantan is kind of...harsh? HP10 is pretty damn extreme even for ultra short Kantans, so I'd probably recommend making that 9 instead. Whether you wanna change the other HPs (assuming you apply this suggestion, of course) is up to you.

Also, somewhat insignificant, but I think that if you change the following line of code in the .osu file:

0,0,"sixshooter.jpg",0,0

to:

0,0,"sixshooter.jpg",0,20

the background would look better imo, since there's more of a balance between the girl and the gun

Kantan

1. 00:25:138 - I'm not sure why there's not a note here but there is a note present at 00:24:768 - - imo there really should be notes in both of these places if you wanted to remain consistent with the song intensity (as the guitar at 25s is very important still).
  2. If you applied the above, please remove 00:25:509 (20) - as 6 1/1 notes on this diff would be kind of a harsh difficulty spike. Also allows for a slight structure change that would keep the map from being too repetitive (aka different to the last section)
  3. From 00:37:731 - to kiai: maybe add a few more dons in to display where the vocals reach a relatively low pitch, and to balance the previous kat-heavy section slightly? Something like this perhaps: here
  4. Also within the section, I think you could add a kat at 00:48:472 - to accommodate for the yelling singer? Helps to indicate the intensity of the vocals a bit better imo.
  5. 00:56:250 (11,12,13) - How come this isn't the same as 00:50:324 (2,3,4,5) - ? If it was because of the patterns at 00:59:213 (15,16,17,18) - okay but there, the vocals are once again suggesting that a 3-note pattern be used rather than 2-notes, as shown here so, assuming the suggestion works for you, what I would do is change the pattern at 56s to be the same as the one at 50s, and change the pattern at 59s to be k ddk (1/1).
  6. 02:12:175 - Perhaps add a note here to give importance to the drums? If so, try and make that the sort of structure for the last section of the map (dD k d? check for playability). Also allows for the map to remain at similar intensity, kinda like how the song doesn't change that much in terms of phrasing
Futsuu

1. 00:14:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - How about making this pattern D k d d k d k instead of what it is now? That way you can also change from 00:19:953 - to be the same as the suggested pattern; meaning all their last notes can be kats, which sounds more consistent.
  2. 00:25:138 - Same as Kantan; surely there could be a note here considering the song rises in intensity by comparison to the notes before it. Maybe take one of the two notes on either side of this time? (probably 00:25:509 (28) - ?)
  3. 00:38:102 (2,3) - Pretty strange how this is the only doublet in this section to not be one colour; maybe fix this or alter the other doublets before Kiai?
  4. From 00:49:583 - I would generally reconsider a couple of pattern structures here, as in kdd (1/2) and kd dd (1/2). I think that if you changed them to kkd and dk kd/kd dk the Kiai would flow better as well (also partially because non-mono 1/2s on futsuu with this density is kinda harsh already).
  5. 01:13:287 - Make this bit easier. this is way too difficult when compared to Kantan :o While there are notes on 4/1s only in this little section, which works pretty decently as a "break" for the Kantan players, Futsuu has pretty dense patterns and notes are still on 1/2s. I'd probably stick to just 1/1s here to make this bit seem like a "rest" period. Either that, or make the Kantan's bit harder to make it more consistent with the other diffs. (2/1?)
Muzukashii

1. 00:02:176 - To be honest I'd probably have the 7-plets in this section be 5-plets instead, considering the relatively low intensity of the song here; helps as an "introduction" of sorts
  2. 00:48:101 (39,40,41,42,43) - This is two suggestions, so let's go from the top. 1: the finishers here fit well with the vocal intensity, how come they weren't in the lower diffs as appropriate? helps with emphasis, consider putting finishers in this bit in Kantan/Futsuu. 2: K K K d K is kind of awkward to play, considering this is muzukashii. consider changing it to something more simple like K K d d K?
  3. 01:11:620 (42) - Perhaps remove this note in order to make the final bit of the Kiai after the note be a bit more dense? (e.g. instead of k ddd k k k d have it be k ddd d k d k k d?)
  4. 01:59:490 - similar to last Kiai, perhaps have some 1/4 around here? just a minor suggestion
Oni

1. Looks OK! However, I would recommend that from the start up until 00:37:731 - (especially in the part between the start and 2nd green line), you make the map slightly less dense; it feels more difficult to play than it needs to be by comparison to the Kiai. Mainly, I recommend making some 1/1 gaps rather than removing 1/4s, as that provides small "rest" periods, and imo Kiai shouldn't be used as the "main" rest points for the map. No real specific examples here; I can't really think of any sorry ;; see if you can find any "gaps" within the instrumentation that will work for you?
basic mod to help you I guess? I hope it helped, anyways...
Topic Starter
guineaQ
no reply = fixed

Dainesl wrote:

Welp, because I PM'd ya in-game and I said I'd mod this...let's go. I'm back! ayy

Note: whenever I state a suggestion in the first kiai, assume it applies equally to the second kiai unless I specifically mention an example in the second kiai.

General Settings/Miscellaneous

Couldn't you have an OD difference between Kantan and Futsuu? They're relatively quite far apart in terms of density difference, so I was thinking either make Kantan OD3 (which is what I think would work well since 1.3*) or make the Futsuu OD4.5. Makes more sense with regards to density imo.

On that note, however, I think the HP here especially for Kantan is kind of...harsh? HP10 is pretty damn extreme even for ultra short Kantans, so I'd probably recommend making that 9 instead. Whether you wanna change the other HPs (assuming you apply this suggestion, of course) is up to you.

Also, somewhat insignificant, but I think that if you change the following line of code in the .osu file:

0,0,"sixshooter.jpg",0,0

to:

0,0,"sixshooter.jpg",0,20

the background would look better imo, since there's more of a balance between the girl and the gun the dimensions of the image is exactly on point to the default size, so wouldn't this create a black strip at the top? (the image is 16:9 and from what i see from your screenshot yours is 4:3, so that might be why the image looks off balance)

Kantan

1. 00:25:138 - I'm not sure why there's not a note here but there is a note present at 00:24:768 - - imo there really should be notes in both of these places if you wanted to remain consistent with the song intensity (as the guitar at 25s is very important still).
  2. If you applied the above, please remove 00:25:509 (20) - as 6 1/1 notes on this diff would be kind of a harsh difficulty spike. Also allows for a slight structure change that would keep the map from being too repetitive (aka different to the last section)
  3. From 00:37:731 - to kiai: maybe add a few more dons in to display where the vocals reach a relatively low pitch, and to balance the previous kat-heavy section slightly? Something like this perhaps: here
  4. Also within the section, I think you could add a kat at 00:48:472 - to accommodate for the yelling singer? Helps to indicate the intensity of the vocals a bit better imo.
  5. 00:56:250 (11,12,13) - How come this isn't the same as 00:50:324 (2,3,4,5) - ? If it was because of the patterns at 00:59:213 (15,16,17,18) - okay but there, the vocals are once again suggesting that a 3-note pattern be used rather than 2-notes, as shown here so, assuming the suggestion works for you, what I would do is change the pattern at 56s to be the same as the one at 50s, and change the pattern at 59s to be k ddk (1/1). I did realize the imbalance in density at this section and changed it with 3 notes
  6. 02:12:175 - Perhaps add a note here to give importance to the drums? If so, try and make that the sort of structure for the last section of the map (dD k d? check for playability). Also allows for the map to remain at similar intensity, kinda like how the song doesn't change that much in terms of phrasing
Futsuu

1. 00:14:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - How about making this pattern D k d d k d k instead of what it is now? That way you can also change from 00:19:953 - to be the same as the suggested pattern; meaning all their last notes can be kats, which sounds more consistent.
  2. 00:25:138 - Same as Kantan; surely there could be a note here considering the song rises in intensity by comparison to the notes before it. Maybe take one of the two notes on either side of this time? (probably 00:25:509 (28) - ?)
  3. 00:38:102 (2,3) - Pretty strange how this is the only doublet in this section to not be one colour; maybe fix this or alter the other doublets before Kiai?
  4. From 00:49:583 - I would generally reconsider a couple of pattern structures here, as in kdd (1/2) and kd dd (1/2). I think that if you changed them to kkd and dk kd/kd dk the Kiai would flow better as well (also partially because non-mono 1/2s on futsuu with this density is kinda harsh already).
  5. 01:13:287 - Make this bit easier. this is way too difficult when compared to Kantan :o While there are notes on 4/1s only in this little section, which works pretty decently as a "break" for the Kantan players, Futsuu has pretty dense patterns and notes are still on 1/2s. I'd probably stick to just 1/1s here to make this bit seem like a "rest" period. Either that, or make the Kantan's bit harder to make it more consistent with the other diffs. (2/1?)
Muzukashii

1. 00:02:176 - To be honest I'd probably have the 7-plets in this section be 5-plets instead, considering the relatively low intensity of the song here; helps as an "introduction" of sorts
  2. 00:48:101 (39,40,41,42,43) - This is two suggestions, so let's go from the top. 1: the finishers here fit well with the vocal intensity, how come they weren't in the lower diffs as appropriate? helps with emphasis, consider putting finishers in this bit in Kantan/Futsuu. 2: K K K d K is kind of awkward to play, considering this is muzukashii. consider changing it to something more simple like K K d d K?
  3. 01:11:620 (42) - Perhaps remove this note in order to make the final bit of the Kiai after the note be a bit more dense? (e.g. instead of k ddd k k k d have it be k ddd d k d k k d?)
  4. 01:59:490 - similar to last Kiai, perhaps have some 1/4 around here? just a minor suggestion I tried to avoid overmap for Muzu, saved that for Oni instead :3
Oni

1. Looks OK! However, I would recommend that from the start up until 00:37:731 - (especially in the part between the start and 2nd green line), you make the map slightly less dense; it feels more difficult to play than it needs to be by comparison to the Kiai. Mainly, I recommend making some 1/1 gaps rather than removing 1/4s, as that provides small "rest" periods, and imo Kiai shouldn't be used as the "main" rest points for the map. No real specific examples here; I can't really think of any sorry ;; see if you can find any "gaps" within the instrumentation that will work for you?
basic mod to help you I guess? I hope it helped, anyways...
ayyyyy good stuff