forum

Catch the Beat Top 20 Plays of 2016

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hello!

Since there were a lot of amazing plays in 2016, I've been invited to host this thread as well. Just a reminder that this is my first year running this event, so please be patient with me and hopefully I can do this right! If you're interested in making the video afterwards, please contact me!

Rules

1. Users with more than 5,000 play count in CtB can join this poll. Basically, the voters must have some type of experience and player knowledge so the vote is not skewed
  2. Voters should choose 20 plays total
  3. When 70 people have voted on the thread, we will start counting the votes.
  4. Voters can edit their vote post until the end session of voting phase. If there are any edited posts after that, the votes won't be counted.
  5. Voters cannot choose for plays by banned players, plays from 2017 or 2015, or scores that were edited through the editor (changing AR/CS/etc.) or with notepad.
  6. Voters cannot vote for the same play more than once.
Voting Format

Copy and paste the below code to submit your vote!

Format:
Player Name | Map Name [Difficulty Name] +<mods> (xx.xx%) (xx pp/unranked/loved) (FC if applicable)

Example:
Ascendance | Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- [Envision] +HT (99.92%) (623pp)
[Puncake] | Kiria (CV:Nanjou Yoshino) - Reincarnation [Platter] (95.69%) (Unranked) <- This score is nomod, so the +<mods> section is removed

1. Please add a space between the numbers and the formatting
  2. Please add the player's name in BOLD!
  3. PLEASE DON'T ADD "OMG COOL PLAY XDXDXD" or whatever after the play, it makes sorting harder for me, just leave out all extra words or it won't count.
  4. please do not use nicknames
  5. please spell the user's name correctly
  6. please do not use previous usernames
  7. tl;dr don't make my life hard
SPOILER
nya10

Ascendance wrote:

Voters cannot choose for plays by banned players, plays from 2017 or 2015, or scores that were edited through the editor (changing AR/CS/etc.) or with notepad.
Just to make it clear, make the bolded part separately , and say "Voters can only choose plays from 2016" to reduce ambiguation (although common sense says the plays should be on 2016)
Xinnoh
There's no order to these choices
1. He Ang Erika | Halozy - Deconstruction Star | Twilight Poinsettia (100%) (Loved) (FC)
2. Habin | wa. vs celas - Vajuranda [Toybot's Overdose] +HR,FL (99.72%) (655 pp) (FC)
3. Habin | Lite Show Magic (t+pazolite vs C-Show) - Crack Traxxxx [Spec's Hi-Speed Overdose] +FL (100%) (593 pp) (FC)
4. Exgon | Galaxy Collapse [Nervous Apocalypse] (100%) (Unranked) (FC)
5. Exgon | Erehamonika remixed by kors k - Der Wald (kors k Remix) [Tenyo's Devestating CTB Terror] (100%) (Loved) (FC)
6. Exgon | Camellia - Routing [Comfort] +HR (100%) (639 pp) (FC)
7. Dusk | 8284 vs wa. - Adularescence [Toybot's Overdose] +NC (99.81%) (857 pp) (FC)
8. Dusk | ESTi - HELIX (Edit ver.) [Spec's Overdose] +NC (99.57%) (642 pp) (FC)
9. [224]Hyperw7 | Camellia - d:for the DELTA [Quantum] +HR (99.93%) (680 pp) (FC)
10. [224]Hyperw7 | LeaF - Evanescent [Ascendance's Deluge] +HR (99.93%) (740 pp) (FC)
11. [224]Hyperw7 | Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- <Version 0> [Envision] +HD,HR (99.9%) (1735 pp) (FC)
12. Kyptoric | Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Fool [Twisted Mind] (99.93%) (Loved) (FC)
13. Kyptoric | Various Artists - The Seven Deadly Sins Series Maps Compilation [Chapter II. Leviathan, The "Invidia" (Pet Peeve)] (98.71%) (Loved)
I don't know enough about unranked plays right now, so I'm going to leave this open and will add more once I have a better idea about what others are putting
21. Celerih | Nishikino Maki(CV.Pile) - Aishiteru Banzai!(Prepro Piano Mix) [Platter Collab] (99.66%) (50 pp) OMG COOL PLAY XDXDXD
22. Hvick225 | Yamazaki Haruka, Tadokoro Azusa, Machico - Dreaming! [bbNorm@l] (100%) (21 pp) (FC)

Top plays should be something unique that no one else is capable of doing, eg. we don't need 4 Genryuu Kaiki HDHRs on a list
PakaChan
meh, this is a lot of work
Zak
With the amount of digging it would require for people to actually cast votes for less known plays that won't make it in anyway it's not really worth it. That with the fact that over half the plays would probably be ExGon/Dusk anyways.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Zak wrote:

With the amount of digging it would require for people to actually cast votes for less known plays that won't make it in anyway it's not really worth it. That with the fact that over half the plays would probably be ExGon/Dusk anyways.
ur write
Xinnoh
yeah, would suggest to remove the acc, fc and pp parts since they aren't really relavent
autofanboy
1. Ascendance | Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- [Envision] +HT (99.92%) (623pp)
DeletedUser_500696
sousaki's hr plays
Colin
This would take a while with the amount of plays a person could do and the majority would vote for only well known players so I just won't vote ;dhave
Mwallx
Exgon | Erehamonika remixed by kors k - Der Wald (kors k Remix) [Tenyo's Devestating CTB Terror] (100%) (Loved) (FC)
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Locking thread cuz this is pretty dead, feel free to take this format if you do it in the future