forum

[Archived] Cant download any songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kera
I have downloaded songs prior to this and i had changed nothing when it started, I have 2 computers i use for osu, both connected to the same ISP and i can download them fine on one, but i cant on the other.
Whenever i click download on a song (on the osu.ppy.sh website) it takes me to a bloodcat link and comes up with an error OR says bloodcat is not responding.
Although the bloodcat error does not show up anymore and it only says bloodcat has stopped responding..
https://gyazo.com/01b7257b500f11924c531c9610aafeb6

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
Exactly what map were you trying to download? I am not aware of any map having a bloodcat link. If you are using Bloodcat to download maps and it isn't working than that isn't an osu! issue and is a problem with Bloodcat itself.
Kao
You can always try doing these

Method 1: Antiviruses or Firewall
  1. Try checking if your antivirus isn't blocking it from connecting
Method 2: IP conflicts
  1. Try turning off your router by unplugging it and wait for 5 minutes before turning it on again.
Method 3: Reset adapter
  1. Try disabling ethernet adapter then enable it again

Method 4: DNS Cache
  1. Try clearing DNS
    1. Open up run (Windows logo + R)
    2. Type cmd and press enter
    3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter

Method 5: Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
Topic Starter
Kera

Cawub wrote:

Exactly what map were you trying to download? I am not aware of any map having a bloodcat link. If you are using Bloodcat to download maps and it isn't working than that isn't an osu! issue and is a problem with Bloodcat itself.
Any song i tried to download be it mania, taiko or standard would come up with errors
Topic Starter
Kera

Kao wrote:

You can always try doing these

Method 1: Antiviruses or Firewall
  1. Try checking if your antivirus isn't blocking it from connecting
Method 2: IP conflicts
  1. Try turning off your router by unplugging it and wait for 5 minutes before turning it on again.
Method 3: Reset adapter
  1. Try disabling ethernet adapter then enable it again

Method 4: DNS Cache
  1. Try clearing DNS
    1. Open up run (Windows logo + R)
    2. Type cmd and press enter
    3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter

Method 5: Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.

I've tried everything you recommended, and still comes up with a bloodcat error
Pawsu
This isn't an osu! issue. It's an issue with Bloodcat. Bloodcat has had wonky servers lately:

Though I am interested in what you said here:

-Ceries- wrote:

Whenever i click download on a song (on the osu.ppy.sh website) it takes me to a bloodcat link and comes up with an error OR says bloodcat is not responding.

Can you elaborate please? There's no way a map on the website should lead you to Bloodcat.
Topic Starter
Kera

Pawsu wrote:

This isn't an osu! issue. It's an issue with Bloodcat. Bloodcat has had wonky servers lately:

Though I am interested in what you said here:

-Ceries- wrote:

Can you elaborate please? There's no way a map on the website should lead you to Bloodcat.
https://gyazo.com/5e78d2a07d6cc7542f77908c99189402
Pawsu
That certainly shouldn't happen.
The only thing I can think of is that you may have installed something via Stylish (since I can see you are using the extension) to make the maps redirect to Bloodcat. Do you have anything else installed on Stylish?
o x
By any chance have you been using this tool? I'm pretty sure it would cause this.
Topic Starter
Kera
Topic Starter
Kera

Cawub wrote:

By any chance have you been using this tool? I'm pretty sure it would cause this.
no i didnt even know that existed