show more
Topic Starter
Gens
Bump again.
Topic Starter
Gens
bam
Larto
I love you dearly. Somewhat. No homo. Dear god, this is great.
Mogsy
This is amazing.
Mismagius
This is my last star.
SapphireGhost
When you said the storyboard was worth looking at, I needed to find out.
And it was much more. Good job, all you amazing people.
Happy birthday, Larto, don't use German in #osu again.
MoodyRPG
This is awesome,Happy Birthday Larto :3
DarkDunskin
As I stated IRC, this SB is hilarious :D
I wish someone would make something like that for my birthday but whatever.

I converted most of the .png files into .jpg, wich reduces the SB folder by about 2MB, and fixed the .osb so that everything stays as it is.
I hope this will help you out a bit.

NewSB

Good luck~
Bittersweet
WOW Gens, it's awesome. (meido pippi awgosh *o*)

And happy bday, Larto ~
Topic Starter
Gens

DarkDunskin wrote:

I converted most of the .png files into .jpg, wich reduces the SB folder by about 2MB, and fixed the .osb so that everything stays as it is.
I hope this will help you out a bit.
Well, I don't mind the compression, so I guess I will use it. I'll keep a backup of the other one in case someone complains. Thanks!

By the way, does anyone have an idea in how to fix the thumbnail? I've tried to no avail. :(

EDIT: It just fixed itself. Hooray!
Jenny
This SB is absotely lovely - screw all those who will ever delete it!

kriers
this was incredible. Happy (late) birthday, Larto!
Derekku
There aren't enough words to describe how awesome this is.
Beuchi
SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY STARS
Garven
Still makes me sad Krisom sniped the first star way back when. /jealous
ziin
huzzah storyboards.

I compressed the files for you. Less bandwidth yay!
http://up.ppy.sh/files/konbinisb.zip
Is it worth re-uploading for 400 kB less? YES, now hush.
Likewise is it worth adding one line to lower the storyboard load down to 1.0? Add this line:
Sprite,Background,Centre,"bg.jpg",320,240
_F,0,0,,0
Note that when you do this, you need to put something in the storyboard at 03:17:244 - or else there will be a black screen.

[easy]
00:42:295 (2) - spacing
01:13:699 (2) - this one looks like someone sat on it
01:21:432 (1) - spacing
02:11:752 (3,3) - these sounded weird

[normal]
00:46:240 (2) - are these spacing errors on purpose or something? I skipped the ones that were clearly some pattern, but I didn't say all of them, since if it's important to you you will go back and check everything.
01:23:799 (4) - well I had good luck with my "too high" comments on previous mods, so I'll point this one out. It's likely too low too, but that matters much less, and it's already just a minor fix to a minor bug.
01:40:370 (3) - I was just thinking "well does it really matter if stuff is off the screen?". I'm going to say no, but we have ranking "standards" for a reason, and keeping notes inside the grid is an exceptionally good idea to follow.
02:33:056 (1) - see next, new combo inconsistencies
02:35:581 (3) - see previous, new combo inconsistencies

have a kd
Low
That was magical.
p3n
Larto's face is irritating me!

This great work deserves a star...and a hug.

Card N'FoRcE
- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • Great SB. The funny thing is that i wanted to do a similiar thing with this song some time ago, but i obviously suck at drawing so i dropped the idea.
    It would be nice if you could come up with some custom difficulty names: Easy, Normal, Insane makes me think of a terrible diff spread but it's not the case at all in this beatmap (Easy is Easy, Normal is "Normal+" and Insane is Insane) :<
- Easy:
  1. .Opinions: (Just some thoughts, I'd personally like if you follow them)
    I'd like to see AR4 here. This difficulty feels way more "cramped" when compared to the others. Also, consideing the huge amount of /2 placed in a not-so-conventional way, it would definitely help a lot.
    02:08:868 (2) - i don't consider this misreadable, but i still believe it's too close to 02:07:702 (1) -
    02:31:636 (2) - 02:34:161 (2) - similiar to 02:16:013 (2), but way more recognisable thanks to the previous patterns. Pointing them out for consistency sake.
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    01:15:435 - a beat here feels very very natural. Considering how far the next beat is, i'd add it.
    01:58:209 (3) - i...missed this while testing. It seems like the timing between 01:57:709 (2,3) is 2/1, but it's actually 3/2 and the pattern didn't really help me to read it. Maybe move 01:58:209 (3) - down a bit?
    02:02:539 (1,2,3,4) - very very unnatural: the rhythm is quite dominant here so i think the majority of players would go for the simple beat starting at 02:02:372 (the current spacing suggests this as well): Basically, something like this or similiar:

02:54:519 (3) - please pelase CTRL-R it?
  3. .Errors/Mistakes: (Bad gameplay issues or badly applied changes)
    02:16:013 (2) - AR3 makes this kinda bad. Ar4 is a bit better but still leaning torwards the "why not just start it a bit farther?" So... yeah :<
- Normal:
    01:08:965 - somehow i feel a beat would be ok here (but since i consider this a very personal thing i just "feel", I'll leave it as an opinion)
    01:43:052 - ^
    02:07:702 (1,2) - I'd move this two up a bit, i think the spacing between 02:07:369 (6,1) may be slightly misreadable considering the flow of the map up to that point (doing that would also make the "triangled-shape" better, actually)
    02:36:213 (1) - I'd move it down just a bit (kinda same reason as above). If you do this, be sure to make 02:38:738 (1,2) match with the change as well.
- Insane:
    02:43:788 (5) - gh, too bad the sliderticks make this sound terrible, but there's nothing to fix here, unless you completely remake it from scratch :<
    00:23:200 (3) - i think the last repetition feels a bit out of place. Removing it and adding two beats at 00:24:778 and 00:24:936 feels way more natural while playing. You can place them at the exact same spot where the last repetition ended, i find them to be very fitting that way.
    00:38:981 (2) - please disable grid snapping and move the last anchorpoint a bit so that the direction of the slider goes to 00:39:454 (3) more smoothly
    01:13:699 (3) - same as 00:23:200 (3).
    01:29:481 (2) - same as 00:38:981 (2).
  3. .Errors/Mistakes: (Bad gameplay issues or badly applied changes)
    01:37:371 - there's voice here as much as in 01:37:292. I suggest either extending the slider or adding a beat, because it really breaks the flow right now.
Kudosus well spent here.
Topic Starter
Gens
Thank you, ziin, Card N'FoRcE! I fixed most of the things you pointed out.
SuperMIC
Random mod because I thought this map was awesome. XD

---

[Timing]

I'm getting off-set 5515 (for the second red point). So yeah, -10 ms.

[Easy]

00:25:883 (1,1,1) - Hm, the spacing between the two long sldiers is much different than the spacing between the last (1) and (1) lol. I'd ctrl+j the second long slider then re-snap. (btw these sliders are awesome)
01:13:699 (2) - ctrl+r for spacing?
01:49:215 (1,1) - These are amazing... q.q
02:00:873 (2,1) - I know (1) is there for symmetry, but it'd be better imo if either (1) was closer to (2) or you brought the end of (2) closer to (1).
03:06:039 (1,2) - Move the clsoer together? You should be able to keep them symmetrical. :X

[Normal]

01:37:056 (2) - I'd prefer these unstacked. :O
02:34:950 (1,2) - Claps?

[Insane]
I didn't find anything. ;_;

---

Amazing map! :D
Charles445
The irregular spacing of the insane makes it extremely hard to read. It should be redone to be more intuitive (i.e. proper spacing)
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks, SuperMIC! Minor details, but pretty useful. I cannot recheck the timing right now, but I'll have it checked later.

Charles445 wrote:

The irregular spacing of the insane makes it extremely hard to read. It should be redone to be more intuitive (i.e. proper spacing)
...well... I'm willing to redo some of the patterns because I do agree some of the jumps may look out of place now (map is very old), but I don't think redoing the whole difficulty is the solution. After all, I feel there's a certain charisma to the map right now, and I'd never remove some of the most notorious jumps (like the ones at the chorus). In any case, it'd be specially helpful if you could point out places where you specially consider the spacing to be unintuitive, but I don't think it's that bad.
Mismagius
I kinda like the spacing on Insane... may be just me though.
Card N'FoRcE
I Fc'd Insane on my second (because of a silly mistake on first) try :/

I agree it's awkward in a few patterns, but somehow i had no problems at all while reading it.
Mismagius
Beatmap Graveyard

CRY
Topic Starter
Gens
Okay, I swear my next priority is getting this ranked.
Cygnus
you're missng a Hard Diff
Derekku
[General]
*The timing at the end is incorrect (there's a slowdown). Try this and resnap: 195981 offset; 180.130 BPM

[Insane]
*Only 7 OD for an Insane? Please raise it 1 tick!
01:20:643 - expected a note here
02:43:788 (5) - ends on a red tick in the other diffs, and kinda sounds awkward otherwise... Extend it like this: http://puu.sh/XbzP
02:48:522 (1) - possibly move this back 1/4 or 1/2 and extend (actually, make all three diffs consistent here!)

[Normal]
*This is more of a Normal+, so maybe rename it to [Hard]
00:26:987 (3,1,2) - inconsistent spacing
00:55:393 (2,3) - perhaps horiz. flip these to improve the flow of this pattern
01:17:487 (3,4) - a bit tricky to see which is the circle and which is the slider
01:20:485 (4) - sounds a bit awkward compared to 01:18:118 (4)
01:23:484 (3,4) - too close
02:08:951 - i'd add a spinner here to fill the empty space
02:10:489 (1,2,3) - stacking like this is a bit confusing

[Easy]
*Rename to [Normal] to fix the difficulty spread without needing to add a fourth difficulty
*5 drain is a bit high for this... please lower it 1-2 ticks!
01:15:435 (3) - expected a finish
01:20:485 (4) - same comment as [Normal]
02:16:013 (2,1) - spacing
02:57:044 (1,2,3,4) - i like this slider blanket, but the spacing makes (4) look like it's only 1/2 a beat after 3 :/

And that should be it! Call me back for a recheck/bubble!
Topic Starter
Gens
Derek you're awesome. Everything done.

Well, there's just this little detail... since I've renamed the easier difficulties up a notch, I'd like to rearrange some patterns around to make it look more like the difficulty it's named. I wouldn't rearrange much, else I'd have to rename them again another notch up. :P

I haven't gotten around to do this yet, so don't mod until I update again!
Derekku
No problem; just don't go too crazy! ;P
Topic Starter
Gens
Yay. One month later, but now updated. Take a look at it, see if I messed something up~
Aurele

Gens wrote:

Featuring:
  1. peppy
  2. Larto
  3. Jarby
  4. Remmy
  5. awp
  6. LuigiHann
  7. Mogsworth
  8. ztrot
  9. 31Gabe
  10. strager
lolwhat.
Sonnyc
lol a Larto~

and a fabulous map <3
Stefan
;(
bomber34
quite a shame it is in grave ;w;
- Marco -
<3 this storyboard ^^
UnderminE
i actually play this map everyday

seeing it on SB showcase made my day
Alarido
Coming from latest SB Showcase new:

Could be good if this map could be Ranked ^.^ At least in memorian of some of best users/players/mappers they were (: mainly LuigiHann (or The Master of Hitsounding), Gens and Larto.
dennischan
Great stroyboard~
why isn't this ranked?
show more