forum

What kind of mouse is good with osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haxwill
All the mice i've been getting i haven't been the best with osu!, what is a good kind of mouse that is smooth and easy to move and jump with.

Currently i'm using a MOBA mouse, more specifically-a Logitech G302
Adorn
I'm not sure there really is a designed-for-osu! mouse, lol.
As for easy to jump, that boils down to your mouse sensitivity.
However, there are tons of threads that are identical to yours: t/541428 is one of the most recent.
N0thingSpecial
There's really no "go to mouse" for osu since it depends entirely on your grip and hand size, there's fuk ton of good mouse with amazing sensor, you just need to pick a shape and size tbh
Sandy Hoey
I will say that most of mouse community agree that mice with optical sensors are better than laser sensors. But laser sensors aren't terrible, so don't feel pressured to splash the cash for an expensive optical mouse
NixXSkate

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I will say that most of mouse community agree that mice with optical sensors are better than laser sensors. But laser sensors aren't terrible, so don't feel pressured to splash the cash for an expensive optical mouse
It's not like laser mice are cheaper...
How much are you willing to spend on a new mouse? The Logitech G Pro is probably the best Logitech mouse for both fps and osu!
It's a high quality product though, so there's cheaper options out there that are also great for osu! (I personally use the Zalman ZM-M600R)
TakuMii

Sandy Hoey wrote:

But laser sensors aren't terrible, so don't feel pressured to splash the cash for an expensive optical mouse
You could easily get a really nice optical mouse for very cheap nowadays...

I also personally use a Zalman ZM-M600R (with the Skydigital NMouse4K firmware), and while I'm a tablet player, this mouse has served me very well in FPS games, which honestly are much more demanding sensor-wise than osu!. Costed me $21 USD, and I still prefer it over the several (more expensive) other mice that I own.