forum

[Archived] Huion 420 Official Osu Tablet Dragging / Hovering Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4662594
Hi there all, I've decided to come here because I'm having an issue with my Huion 420 (the official white one from a few years back) and can't find an answer anywhere else. It had been working perfectly fine until now, but out of nowhere I'm having problems with it. I don't play osu! far near as much as I used to, but I do get a lot of use out of it for other things, so it's something I need on a daily basis.

The issue itself is that when I hover over the tablet, even at it's max hover height, it thinks I'm pressing down with the pen and has a holding down LMB effect. Imagine taking your mouse, holding down LMB, and dragging it around your screen. That's what happens with my Huion 420 when I do as much as hover. Due to this issue, I'm completely unable to use my tablet, and can't really afford to order a new one at this time (it also doesn't help that last I checked, the offical 2016 one is out of stock too), so if anyone knows how to fix this issue I'd really appreciate it!

I'm running Win 8.1 and my tablet drivers are up to date. Thanks!
Arnold0
I have the official osu!tablet as well and I'm starting to have a similar problem but far less severe. When I hover it hovers correctly until I'm very close to touching the surface (But not touching it yet) were it will start to click multiple times very fast or just act as if I'm pressing it down when I'm not. It is a bit annoying as sometimes it will click when I'm trying to navigate into the song selection menu (I only use my tablet to play the game).
The only solution to prevent it to click was to set the pen tip to "Do nothing". But as my problem isn't that severe I went back to normal just taking care I'm hovering high enough to not press "Retry" by mistake when I pause maps. However, disabling the pen tip might be an option for you unless you actualy need to click with it. You can disable it in the drivers (At least on drivers V8 and probably older). I do not know if there is a way to actualy fix the issue. I know someone who had the osu!tablet before (Now he switched to a Wacom) and he said me he had the same problem as I have so I just think it's some kind of hardware issue that appears after some time.