forum

osu!Paradigm Mini-Tournament announcement! [Completed!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyuumie

Welcome to the first edition of the osu!Paradigm Mini-Tournament!

What exactly is this?

Looking for a tournament to 1v1 players near your rank or simply gain experience competing against other players? Here's one for you.
Our aim is to provide something efficient and reliable for those players wanting to compete in an organized tournament recently.
Here's what we've gotten together and come up with, and we hope you'll take it as seriously as we do and enjoy the experience!

Prizes?
The winners of each bracket will receive 4 months of osu! supporter
The runner up of each bracket will receive 1 month of osu! supporter

Sign up phase complete. The tournament is now scheduled to begin on January 13 2017 to February 5 2017

See the Final Round's schedule here!l

See the Final Round's 15k-49k Mappool here!

Tournament Guidelines

1. This is a 1-v-1 double elimination Best-of-5 tournament.
  2. There are three categories for players:
    1. Less than 100k but greater than 50k - ALL SLOTS FILLED UP
    2. Less than 50k but greater than 15k - ALL SLOTS FILLED UP
    3. Less than 15k - ALL SLOTS FILLED UP
  3. The max number of players that can sign up for the less than 50k but greater than 15k brackets is 16, and 8 for both the less than 100k but greater than 50k and less than 15k brackets.
  4. ScoreV2 will be the winning condition.
  5. Tournament matches are held on on weekends (Friday-Sunday). Players who have wildly conflicting time zones will have an opportunity to schedule matches on weekdays leading till the next weekend.
  6. This opportunity is only applicable for matches before the Semi-final or Final.
  7. We will do one round per week, each round will have different map pools introduced a week before the round will be played.
  8. Players are required to make sure they at least have that week’s map pool, to ensure better flow during matches.
Player list and challonge bracket
<15k bracket

Lovestruck
Gardly1224
ievi
nigbone
Chairman Zhao
gilmat
My Angel Saber
ZcortezZ
Vexine
PajWoj
TheKingNoob
coowhip
-KitEKat-
Kyaa
Feezly
-Deity-

15k-49k bracket

qjjjj
ChezzNF
phamleduy8507
Nyrien
GiraffeMidget
mus1cholic
[ - Tenshi - ]
Qntm
dsyelxic
crushsquids
Un4given
MuTaLing
Catricius
Ashmar
LetsGetFrosty
over_loadcode
Mikaru
Malikil
YoshiLover456
-Selch
Thievley
HDJump
Watatsumi
Gilgun
Redavor
Hyperzap
Darkdrive
- Isozaki -
Corlys
HazeTrance
Stedoss
DendyMudak

50k-100k bracket

sparxe
Erek
Nyazuru
NullifiedByZero
Fraggy
SpookyMango
DarknessRider22
anime is real

Match Rules
  1. Don’t be a dick. Respect tournament staff and fellow players. Not following this might get you removed from participation.
  2. Please only sign up if you can actually play within the time-frame of the tournament. If you really cannot play, PMing or DMing an organizer via Discord is encouraged so someone else can play instead.
  3. A player can restart a map once per match due to legitimate issues, and only if the other player agrees to it.
    1. In general, please make sure everything is in working order before you agree to start a match.

Match Procedures
  1. There will be a 10 minute wait for the players once the scheduled match time hits the clock.
  2. If they don’t show up, the player present will advance to the next round.
  3. Once both players are present, they will each use the !roll command. Whoever rolls a higher number will go first pick for the warm-ups, bans, and map to play.
    1. A warm-up can be any map of their choosing that is not longer than 5 minutes.
  4. After the warm-up the players can ban one map each, then the player with a higher roll can choose the map to be played.
    1. Once the map is played and counted, map picking goes to the other player.
    2. This goes on until they get match point.
  5. A failed beatmap does not count even if you have higher score during it, but it will count if you manage to recover the health.
  6. The multiplayer lobbies are hosted by the referees, players may only manually select maps during warm-ups, for which purpose they will be transferred host permissions.

Tournament Staff
SpookyMango - Founder
Hyperzap - Founder
AsianArnold - Founder

Nexiana - Staff
Idealism - Staff
TetsuoS2 - Staff
over_loadcode - Staff
Ievi - Staff
Kyaa - Staff
Nyazuru - Staff

Arsling - Prize Master

Official Twitch account

Join our Discord!

TOURNAMENT WRAP UP POST
Dendy
Date of the tournament will be announced?
-KitEKat-
sign me in ! :3
Redavor
This seems like fun. <3
flaven

-KitEKat- wrote:

sign me in ! :3

banananami

DendyMudak wrote:

Date of the tournament will be announced?
Yep, we'll have to request the tournament client and then release the map pool. Once we give you the map pool it should start a week after that or so.
banananami
The week 1 map pools! View according to your rank!

Good Luck!

Thanks, Idealism, for the map pool!
ninguri
feelsbadman the moment i find a tournament that i might enjoy i realize im too late LOL
Ideal
i love memes
Cubzy
ideal seu coco, podia ter me xamado pra escolher a pool :^)
Ideal
ué cubo
Miuyarai
ReBOOting_ExE
wait if the dignups are beginning on the 13th, then why is the slots all full?
Topic Starter
Nyuumie

RebOOTing wrote:

wait if the dignups are beginning on the 13th, then why is the slots all full?
Re-reading first post advised.The tournament's sign up phase ended as soon as our slots filled up. The tournament is what's set to begin soon on January 13th 2017.
Ashmar
Not playing for a week until friday. Oh Boi, I am ready for the tournament!
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
Minor update:
- Updated first post with URL to scheduled match time sheets. Check it out!
If you can't quite follow up on that exact time, posting that here or DMing me or another organizer via Discord is encouraged. Communication with your opponent as well is encouraged. Else we hope to see you there at match-time!

- We've decided that we won't be streaming until the Semis on Twitch as there are simply too many matches to handle within a short timeframe for that.

- The Semis might be Bo7 instead of Bo5.
banananami
Week 1.5 Tournament Schedule Update!

Again, if you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
banananami
The Round 2 map pools! View according to your rank!

If you are in the lower brackets of the first round here:
50k-100k
15k-49k
<15k
Then you're sticking with the previous one until you advance.

Best of Luck!
banananami
Week 2 Tournament Schedule Update!

Again, if you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
Week 2.5 Tournament Schedule Update link!

As always, if you need to re-schedule, make sure you inform/talk to your opponent (via forum PM or Discord) and us (via the Tournament Discord server) at least 12 hours in advance to avoid the risk of being DQ'd.

Week 2.5 will make use of Week 2's Mappool.
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
The Round 3 map pools! View according to your rank!

Good luck with practicing the maps~!

Shoutout to Xyhalion for doing the entire <15k bracket mappool on his own.Aside from Tetsuo also aleady doing the same for the 50k-100k bracket mappool.Thanks!
banananami
Round 3 Tournament Schedule Update!

If you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!
banananami
Round 4 Tournament Schedule Update!

If you need to reschedule please contact us on Discord, which is linked in the main post!

@<15k @15k-49k You'll be using the previous pool

@50k-100k New pool will be released 10hrs from now, best of 9.
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
The winner of the 50k-100k Bracket is DarknessRider22!
Congratulations!

Arsling has mentioned that the winners should lookout for their prize on Friday, though I'd still recommend contacting him directly.

The other brackets are reaching their closing stages as well soon!
banananami
Round 5 Tournament Schedule Update!

Please contact us on Discord if you need something, which is linked in the main post!

AlijahT
Congrats to DarknessRider22 (Skadic) and Nyazuru for 1st and 2nd place for 50k < 100k bracket!

Hope you enjoy supporter :D
Topic Starter
Nyuumie
azizi best waifu..if you're looking for a guy gurl that'll give you supporter :thinking:
show more