forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
The old netlabel I used to be on until it died in like 2013.

same q
Tad Fibonacci
The old osu forum site.

Same question.
MisakiTobisawa-
I can't think of anything that used to belong to me that I regret having done away with, but I remember reading some book in primary school. I had loaned it out from the library and it was a really thick book, I think it was a story about the journey of a Scrabble player. I couldn't finish the last chapter before the book was due, so I returned it. I never saw it again. Looking back, I wish I'd finished it to figure out what happened in the end.

What advice would you give to people who easily get distracted?
samX500
Put yourself in a situation where you cannot get distracted. I can easily get distracted when I am working with a computer, so I try to avoid using them if I don't need them. I actually stay at school to study because I know that if I get back home to study, I will end up playing on my computer and won't get a whole lot of work done.

SQ
Achromalia

samX500 wrote:

Put yourself in a situation where you cannot get distracted. I can easily get distracted when I am working with a computer, so I try to avoid using them if I don't need them. I actually stay at school to study because I know that if I get back home to study, I will end up playing on my computer and won't get a whole lot of work done.

SQ

HOLY SHIT.

THE ABSOLUTE SAME.

so i've got a similar problem, and i tend to throw on every bit of work i can do while i'm still at school. i used to stay after-school in one of my previous high schools, in the classroom of a pretty interesting art teacher i knew, in order to work on my art projects. sadly, i had forgotten to reclaim them before i left the school due to moving out of my old home, back when it got sold. it frustrated me, as i was really proud of my charcoal piece.

anyways, i don't have anything great to offer, heh. i'd probably say the same thing. adapt to your circumstances the best you can and get done with whatever you can while you have the time. ask for help if needed, or find a method that works for you and gets you engaged in the work you do, like some internal goal or something.

- - -

ever wonder what others think of you, and what perspective they have regarding you as a person?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Yes and that’s why even tho I don’t look like it, I’m self-concious all the time

Sq
Tad Fibonacci
I think it's only natural to have such questions.
I'd suppose everyone would wonder the same thing from time to time, even if they don't really care what others think of them.

--------

Which philosophy do you follow, believe or is interested in?
Birdy
John Locke is my personal favourite philosopher. Empiricism used to be my #1 interest while studying philosophy and I strongly "follow" it. I also like Plato.

same q
Achromalia
A fair question. I had an interest in philosophy, but was not exactly very serious about it. I never purchased any books to read up and research on it, and hardly spent much time going through everything, and I'd mostly delved into its more existential "answers", in a sense.

I think I had mostly sympathized with the ideas set in Absurdism.

Hmm. I glanced at it again and found something that sounded rather similar to my thought process when I escaped my own thoughts of suicide.

I had thought that "As pointless as life may seem, death would be even more pointless".

In the New World Encyclopedia's entry for Absurdism, it eventually says: "...suicide is not a worthwhile solution because if life is veritably absurd, then it is even more absurd to counteract it...", and "...the beauty that people encounter in life makes it worth living. People may create meaning in their own lives, which may not be the objective meaning of life but still provides something for which to strive".

So, yeah. It seems to describe my thoughts pretty well at times, but I should look into things more seriously at some point.

A large part of why I live, after all, is to create, and whether it be some sort of meaning for myself, or perhaps some solace for others to find, even something for me immerse myself in, it's all enjoyable.

I strive to create, and to see how things turn out.

- - -

same question.
Tad Fibonacci
i'm really interested about Nietzsche.
I haven't own any of his books yet since I'm poor atm but I've read about him.
Though it's a shame how he's been misquoted and his philosophies were misunderstood. The prime example of this is how he was misquoted by the Nazis in WW2 to further their ideals.

-----------------

Same Question.
TeeArctic1
I think of myself as an utalitarian dabbling in social darwinism, although I find most philosophy highly interesting. I would love to own more classical works. Right now, I'm thinking I might try to grab some of Gilles Deleuze's work.

Same q
keremaru
I'm pretty ignorant in philosophy so I don't know any of this stuff lmao

How do you view yourself now compared to 5 years ago?
Cahyono29
I Don't think i am change,still an introvert kid who had trouble talking to new people.i mean i want to change,but its quite hard
Same question
pentaqola
my view to myself compared to 5 years ago feels like a whole different story... i view myself as a main character... see myself on top of everyone else, perfect... i view myself as the perfect human, the best... my ego is so horrifying i would say anything even though it would hurt people so badly... that was who i was back then... and that was the final year that personality of mine is extremely visible, yeah it went on throughout my young days.

my view to myself now is a huge change compared to the past, yes i still see myself above people sometimes, but its not that extreme. that is because my ego went down so quickly, in just a few months after going to a different country, my ego dropped so hard that it even got my social skills with it. that caused my view of myself to change, i now see myself as a someone... nothing special... sometimes even lower than that... i don't want to achieve what my past self wanted, perfection... its impossible...

i'm just glad i didn't find this place when my ego was high... i would've been a nightmare to deal with...

same question
samX500
I view myself extremely differently. 5 years ago I didn't do anything at all with my life, I wasn't practicing any activities, meeting up with people or even consuming art. All I did was mindlessly watch youtube video, and not valuable entertainement, really just dumb video with no value other than immediate self satisfaction.

I personally consider myself to have been born 4 years ago, as that was the time where I finally started to do something with my life.

This question may be more interesting to answer in another 5 years. I've already changed massively in just those 4 years and I see no reason why I would stop changing and improving myself.

SQ
Birdy
I don't even know myself from 5 years ago. Being thrown out of home 4 years ago was when the current me was born. I eventually became more functional, graduated from high school a couple months later and got my first jobs and such. Started releasing some music I'm still happy with, I guess I started being, you know, decent at it. Got together with my girlfriend half a year later and moved together with her another half a year later. Stuff that I had never had any experience with before. Growing up might be scary to some, but for me, it saved my life. I didn't have to live with an unstable mom anymore or sleep on a friend's floor for too long.

same q
45Traeath
"17", so when I was goofing around when I should have cared about my high school graduation coming next year...
I guess I was an idiot at that point. Easy to say.
That wasn't a proper answer, now that I read the question.
But given what I said, it's obvious I can say "better than this boy".

What's a joke (or a "meme", but not a prank) you enjoy?
(I'm not asking the type of humor, but an actual joke you've read/heard from anywhere. Like these.)
TeeArctic1
"What did the Spanish guy say to the other Spanish guy?"
"I don't know, I don't speak Spanish"

Same question
samX500
My favorite meme format is the brain expansion meme. There are a few other meme format I really like but the brain expension really is king.

I also like joke that portray the dumbest of things as the supperior way of doing things.

SQ
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
John Cena, back when it was a fresh and new thing

sq
ClevelandsMyBro
i hate my old posts
Birdy
"I bought a circumcision -50% off. It was a rip off."

same q
Meah
Pork Chop Duo's jokes

sq
45Traeath
Well, instead of editing the message, I'll just delete and get this thread up again Kak.

So here's a new question instead of me posting more Bokete stuff.

What's a song you think that is "overrated"? Like, "I don't understand what's so good in it to get [number] views, even after listening to it."
(Please don't make it because of your personal taste, of course '-')
samX500
This question is fundamentally flawed, enoying music is entirely based out of personal taste and personal experience. The term overrated only really means that your taste don't match the majority regarding that specific song.

I am gonna answer anyway based on personal taste.

In my case I'd say most of pop music isn't nearly as good as it's amount of popularity suggest, however that's kind of normal because pop music is made to apeal to a lot of people and thus it is good to a lot of people but great to almost no one, which is why it is extremely popular and also extremely looked down upon by anyone that cares about music.

SQ
DJ Enetro
This one is easy.

Kyary Anan by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

What's your favorite book that you've read? Manga/graphic novels don't count.
KnightPerfect
Anything by Asimov. I,Robot probably the most.

If you are a fan of rock/metal, what is your favourite guitarist? (My favourite is pretty obvious, just read my signature.)
Taj
Either Mick Mars or Brad Delson.

Have you had the urgency to know something was wrong and it was correct?
In other words, did you ever have a gut feeling that turned out to be true?
MisakiTobisawa-
What Kyoto Animation announced about their donations was something I'd speculated; they're using it for compensation of the affected personnel rather than business recovery.

Describe the first close friend you made. Is he/she still relevant to your life?
samX500
My first close friend is a childhood friend that I met in daycare. The daycare I went to was just the house of an old lady and I don't remember her taking care of many other kid than myself and my childhood friend. He was my only friend for most of my childhood and has been my only close friend trhoughout my childhood until my parents decided we would leave our small town for a bigger city were both of my parents found better job opportunity.

At first, I tried to keep ties with him everytime we went back to my old town where my grandparents still lived but after a year our relationship kinda just faded. Internet wasn't as present back then and neither of us used it so we couldn't keep in contact. It's almost been a decade since I have last seen him so if I were to meet him again I am sure he would have become a completely different person, after all, we weren't even 10 when I left the town.

Did you grow up in a small town or a large city (or anything in between)
Achromalia
I've primarily lived in what's been probably the most crime-ridden ghetto area of the greater local region.

So, gunshots, sirens, fights, car crashes, were all pretty commonplace and easy to see at some point every month or so.

Luckily, we only got burglarized, and though a fair amount of value was stolen (including my precious PS2 that i cried over in the car), we got things back together in due time.

Still, life was pretty rough.

- - -

SQ.
Birdy
i was born and raised in helsinki, finland's capital and also the biggest city, but tiny in comparison to probably most cities you could think of. also, we lived on the very edge of the city, a very sparsely populated area, right next to another town that was already significantly smaller.

same q
MisakiTobisawa-
Very small, since Singapore is already a city-state

What would it take for you to take a bullet to save the life of another? It sounds like a weird question, but it came from my Physics teacher who showed us a Netflix documentary after our exams.
Tad Fibonacci
To be honest, I don't know.
It would depends on the situation and the person that I'm saving.

Same question.
keremaru
i wouldn't care; any bullet is dangerous, and i frankly don't care about myself
so it'd take literally nothing for me to take a bullet, i'd just take it

- - - - - - - - - -

favorite ice cream ?
samX500
It really depends on the day. My favorites are the good old maple&nut and chocolate, I don't really have a favorite among these two, it really just depends on the day.

What do you think are the "Main flavour" for sweets and desserts?
Meah
Chocolate

Yes?
Achromalia
[sample answer]

- - -

In terms of art-styles, do you prefer high-res 2D animation, or high-FPS (30FPS+) pixel animation?
Tad Fibonacci
They're both pretty cool. But I think I like 2D animations juuust a little bit more.
They're pretty close though.

Same question.
pentaqola
as tad said, they are both cool.

they both are great in their nature, both are polar opposites if you think about it.

even though i really love 2d animation, i kind of prefer pixel animations over 2d animations.

-

sq
show more