posted
Total Posts
show more
Meah
👼👼👼

Yesterday or they day before today
samX500
Yesterday.

For multilingual people, do you prefer any language over your native language and why?
Nikolai
English > Finnish

English is just so much more superior language lul

Same Question
Tad Fibonacci
In formal or professional speech, I think English is better than my native language.
For expressing emotions, describing things and in literature in general, I would prefer my native tongue.

------------------

Same question.
MisakiTobisawa-
我的华文不很好,我的英文更好。我说我的华文不很好,我不开心。为什么?新加坡人的华文很好的。
My Chinese isn't good, my English is better. I'm not happy that my Chinese isn't good because Singaporeans are typically fluent in Chinese.

What's the most difficult thing you have tried to learn and understand, be it a scientific concept, a language, a skill or anything like that?
captainmilk
Hmmmm, I want to say learning to code? If that counts for skill, the concept is really simple, but I'm still very bad at it.

Same Question
Achromalia
hard to say, but something immediately important to me that i've had difficulty with is Sound Design.

it applies in everything "music production"-related.

- - -

first memorable experience on the osu forums?
ERA Puzzle
Met a really good friend on here who's a very well-known mapper now. We don't really talk at all anymore but I probably remember him the most out of anyone here.

SQ
Achromalia
mapping for aspire 2017 was a highlight. it was fun, even though it was terrible and no one could play it because it was really just a shitmap.

- - -

how would you describe your current mental state?
Tad Fibonacci
A bit stressed out since a shit ton of things just broke down around me.

-----------------

Same question.
Kyomaku
I'm in an odd mental state. On one side, I'm really frustrated with myself, to the point that it's almost a mental breakdown, yet I'm feeling really motivated. A strong drive to improve myself.

My best way to explain it would be, that my frustration is right at the border where it really hurts and I'm almost ready to give up, yet it is barely not crossing that point, so it is instead pushing me forward, since emotions like frustration (and salt) can just as easily be fuel for motivation.

SQ
Achromalia
it's a complicated situation involving a fuckton of things, but there's some main chunks.

regarding my feelings, or lack thereof. i'm similarly experiencing a damn lot of stress and frustration over the stuff i try to make, that i can't seem to make something that i'd actually enjoy. my apathy seems to be preventing those feelings from becoming much of anything, and in turn, kind of spoils the potential motivational "fuel" i could yield. i'm struggling with a pretty shitty case of apathy keeping me down.

regarding my general disposition and mentality toward things. i've been tired of everything for so damn long, but continue anyways, because i've never cared to end it all there. i still don't, but i'm constantly finding obstacles that lessen my will to care about going forward. life's irritating in that it is just troublesome enough to harbor misfortune right around every corner. every time you try to get up, you're knocked out by another obstacle, and have to get up, now with another concussion. it's mind-numbing at times, and i can't help but be absent-minded whenever trying to motivate myself to do things. the only motivation i have is my immense self-hatred, and that's hardly healthy at all.

overall, i still just manage. stoicism and apathy are the things that've kept me going despite the pain.

- - -

what's the most insightful thing you've learned from your time in FG?
Carmlillball
Puzzle taught me a pretty good way to cope with my anxiety. It really does help!

Sq
Journal

KotoriIsMyWaifu wrote:

我的华文不很好,我的英文更好。我说我的华文不很好,我不开心。为什么?新加坡人的华文很好的。
我忘了你是新加坡人...哈哈;; 说实话,你的中文还可以. 你就要努力的学. 加油加油~

Achromalia wrote:

what's the most insightful thing you've learned from your time in FG?
OT: Don't take things too seriously

What's a strength and weakness of yours?
Tad Fibonacci
Long time no see, Journal.

I guess it's both a strength and a weakness?
Then I guess it's laziness.

--------------------------

Same question
Achromalia
an easy one. apathy. it fits all the criteria for my biggest weakness and my biggest strength.

- - -

anything you'd like to know from me?
ERA Puzzle
Have you taken your iron supplements today?

No, but seriously. I guess the thing I'm most curious of at the moment is how your days going and how you're managing.

Ot: what's something you want to share with other people very much, but typically dont?
hypercyte
I’d want to share my mapping knowledge to others, but due to time restraints I haven’t been able to really teach someone mapping. Although after finals are over I do plan to apply as a mentor in the community mentorship program for the next cycle!

-

Same question
samX500
I guess my insecurities in general.

SQ
Fhaye
Problems, a lot of problems

Same question
Carmlillball
I'm typically someone who OVER shares.

Well, I don't think I've said much about an issue I have, which is quite a big one.

Nor who this 'friend' is I keep talking about. Our relationship isn't like how others would imagine. It's a bit strange. Doubt anyone could guess. She deserves her privacy, and I feel of her as a friend or sorts anyway.

What is the type of person you would like to be?
ERA Puzzle
I dont know. More of myself. The problem is I have no idea who that really is so its whatever. I really dont have a clue who I am or why I do half the things I do.

Same question.
Tad Fibonacci
I want to be the type of person who can do anything that he wanted to do and doesn't have to rely on other people. I want to be able to take care of myself and the people that I cared about. And to be able to have a certain degree of control over my own life.

-------------------------

Same question.
Achromalia
...i don't know.

i guess i'd just like to be someone who could figure things out a bit better.

all this time to myself. all this introspection.

and i can still hardly do a thing.

at least i still do what i can.

even if it's not much at times.

things are a bit lonely when life's like this. a bit painful, a hollow, emptying sort of pain.

it's incredibly inconvenient. i just can't connect. there's always this distance.

so, had i been able to understand it all a bit better, and to better figure out how to move around the shit being encountered, maybe i'd also be able to understand how to best help others and perhaps provide others reasons to live, even when there really wouldn't seem to be one anyways. it seems to be something a lot of others really need.

if i could actually do what i envision.

the sort of person who could just... create it all.

no more limitations.

- - -

same question.
captainmilk
Something I don't even want to mention on here, it's a hobby I have that I'm very closeted about. I swore years ago I would take it to my grave. I hint at it sometimes though. I'm afraid I'll give away too much information one day and I'll be found out.

Is there something you dislike, but have no particular reason to dislike it?
Kyomaku
Was pondering about that question for a while. Is that even possible? Surely there is always a reason, even if it's stupid, that makes you dislike/like something. At least for me, even the silliest dislikes I have, have a reason.

SQ cause I'm curious if someone can provide an example for me, but at this point, I'd argue it would come down more to dishonesty towards yourself or maybe even a lack of selfawareness.
samX500
Like Kyomaku said, I don't think it's really possible to dislike something with no absolutely no reason. Despite that, I guess I could say that I unreasonably hate french, as in I do reasons for disliking it but probably not to the extent that I do.

EDIT: forgot to add SQ.
ERA Puzzle
Uhmmm... Huh. Country music, I guess. Goddamn I hate country music.

SQ
keremaru

Puzzle wrote:

Uhmmm... Huh. Country music, I guess. Goddamn I hate country music.

SQ Do you like chocolate cake?
Achromalia
Chocolate cake's a fair choice.

I prefer lemon and vanilla.

- - -

SQ.
Taj
To be honest, I don't really eat cake that much, but chocolate cake? It's a good choice. I think I'm more towards red velvet cake.

SQ If you had a favorite language, what would you pick...
payney
chocolate cake is good! red velvet>>>>all cake change my mind

uhhhhh.. i tried learning french once and thats a pretty interesting language i guess

sq
Meah
Body language

Sq
captainmilk
Tagalog and German perhaps. My mother is filipino, and I took German for two years in high school.

Favorite video game?
ERA Puzzle
This is hard.

Probably Archeblade. But its dead.

League used to be good. Ehhhhhh now. I only watch pro matches anymore. Dont play.

Osu is awesome.

Starcraft 2 is an amazing game and probably deserves more Love.

Halo 3 was an integral part of my childhood.

Final fantasy 7 is one of the greatest video games ever created.

Monster Hunter World is similarly an absolutely stellar game.

It's hard to decide between this. I still think I pick Archeblade. I just wish the game had been created by reliable dev's who had the funding to back the game up. It was really an amazing game.

Same question
captainmilk
Yeah pretty difficult question, I don't play video games as much as I used to before. I used to be really big on the Splatoon games. I grew up playing Mario Kart so I guess you could say that's one of them

same
payney
UHHHHH this is hard. undertale hit me really hard when i first played it and thats where i got my first user from so lets go with that for now

SQ
samX500
My favorite game for the gameplay has to be the Binding of Isaac rebirth, it's one of the very first game I played on PC and I absolutely loved it, it's also the only game at which I can say I was very good although after leaving it for a while I got washed up. For the story my favorite game would be Danganronpa, all 3 games were memorable to me.

SQ
Achromalia
pretty tough.

so many games with so much nostalgia.

i have no fucking idea.

i'd like to just say undertale/deltarune for the community and amazing writing and charming humor behind it, as well as the fucking greatest and most charming characters i've seen aaaaaa, but uhhh

as far as games that i enjoy playing?

The. :clap: Original. :clap: Starcraft.

oh and of course the expansion, Brood War, which i enjoyed more, but yee. SC:BW is my answer.

then there's Starcraft 2, with variants from WoL, HotS, then finally, LotV. those were good too.

it's actually really tough, but i think it's a fair answer considering it's taken up a lot of my childhood and a good bit of later years.

- - -

favorite fandom?
payney
bad question theyre all garbage

i can only speak for the ones that i take part in and i guess i’d say the pokémon fandom. lot of really good content comes from it and i love it.

SQ
show more