forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
Achromalia
Certainly, in some way or another. I often wind up talking with my teachers for whatever reason, and we can sometimes get into some interesting conversations.

Things like that happened a lot back in middle school and my freshman year.

It's thanks to them for engaging in conversations that I've had the means to analyze and apply my train of thought with.

Not gonna go into too much detail since I'm at school, but yeah, my teachers have certainly played a part in my life as I developed my thought process.

- - -

Your opinion on college? In which cases is it worth it, and in which would it not be worth it?
Tad Fibonacci
I'm in uni atm and in my opinion, it's really up to the person whether it's worth it or not.
To me, it's not that bad.

But is it worth it? Well, I can't say for now, maybe I can answer that question after I've graduated.
Right now I don't really know how I should feel about uni.
I do feel like 4 years in uni is too long and I do feel like I'm missing out a lot.
I'm in 2nd year now but I feel like I haven't learned much at all.
But it did gave me some interesting experience that I won't be able to experience anywhere else that I think would serve me well after I graduated.

So I guess I feel like I didn't learned much, but I did matured a lot ever since I got into uni.
Or maybe that maturity would come gradually anyways regardless of me going to uni or not, but I don't know.
And also if I go to uni, I'll have a better chance at having a good job so that's good I guess.
But I'll have to wait until I graduate to know for sure though. My older brother went to uni too and he got a job that had nothing to do with his major.

- - - -

What is the cringiest thing that you've done in the past?
45Traeath
Singing. Well, not the act in itself, but rather what song went out of my mouth.
My audience being classmates of that time I've done it.
I could forgive myself a bit, because it was as a game, the "jukebox".
But that's one of the directions/paths/actions I regret having gone through.

How's the night ("cold", "noisy because of the wind", ...)?
Achromalia
...?

That;s a pretty unusual question, but ehm...

It's a quiet night tonight. Silent, even. I'm just here, on my laptop, in an otherwise pitch-black bedroom, with very little to do.

- - -

What are your favorite songs?
Tad Fibonacci
I have a lot of favorite songs, but I guess most of them came from video games.
Some of them are:

Rivers in the desert
Memories of dust
Snow drive
Teo
Bad apple
Take me home, country road
Idola circus
The lost one's weeping
The importance of being idle
Francium - Nanahira
Everyday is night
Power - Kanye West
Stand by me
Wanderer

And so on but that's all I can remember right now.

- - - -

Same question
Birdy
Secede - Born in a Tropical Swamp (most likely my all-time favourite song)
Sweet Trip - To All the Dancers of the World, a Round Form of Fantasy
múm - The Land Between Solar Systems
Belong - October Language
Paavoharju - Pimeänkarkelo
Paavoharju - Italialaisella Laivalla
Candy Claws - White Seal (Shell and Spine)
William Basinski - dlp 1.1
Massive Attack - Small Time Shot Away
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
The Future Sound of London - Viewed From an Obscure Angle
Angèle - Ta Reine
Healer - The Answer
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Euphotic
Braids - Glass Deers
Igorrr - Infinite Loop
Birdy - 1901
Choongum - A Church of Beauty and Despair

same q
Achromalia
Argh, I really wanna answer this question but I'm going have a hell of a hard time sifting through the music I listen to...

I'll edit this to include 30 of my favorites (in no particular order) so I dont flood the damn post and so I dont die trying to find my favorites.

Thank you for understanding, I will edit this soon.

- - -

SQ.
keremaru
TL;DR, catchy Touhou songs, mostly from Akatsuki Records, some from Yellow Zebra, めらみぽっぷ, and あよ, but too ranged to be definitive.

Would you prefer coffee or ice cream on a fictional date?
Tad Fibonacci
I don't really get the "fictional date" part. But normally, I would prefer coffee over ice cream.

- - - -

Would you rather having to beat Dark souls with only a broken sword or pass a 7* map on Osu! With mouse only?
Penguin
7* map with mouse only. I’m already a mouse player, so I pretty much just have to pick a map with few triples/streams and only jumps and I can pass it.

If you watch movies, do you tend to look for new movies or rewatch ones you’ve already seen.
Achromalia
Hmm, tendencies. Unless anime counts, I don't really watch movies. For anime, it's a bit of both for varying reasons, but I think I'd be willing to try different anime a bit more.

- - -

Do you constantly second-guess yourself and get caught up in your own flowing long trains of thought?
Arbusion
yes, all the time, i have anxiety about stupid things all the time, and think i've messed things up in the past, and then i just constantly think about what would be different, etc.
i also get caught in long trains of thought related to daydreams, or people i miss etc. basically i'm a mess lmao, anyway..

- - -

what is the most egotistical thing you said in the past that you find stupid and cringe now?
Journal
The closest I've ever come to 'egotistical' was when I asked a classmate in 4th grade,
"Why are you so stupid?" Other than that, I keep my actual thoughts hidden.

Trigger Warning
In your opinion, do you think the right/motive to commit/attempt suicide is debatable or not?
Achromalia
First, the phrasing is a little hard to figure out, as "right" and "motive" are not synonymous, and neither are "commit" and "attempt". In the latter two, it's more understandable to some extent? But anyways, not to go too into detail, I'm being led to cherrypick my ways of answering this question. I'll answer it in whatever way seems to make most sense.

"In your opinion, do you think the motive to commit suicide is debatable or not?" - The motive? Generally speaking, many people can and would debate anyone's motive, so yes, it's technically debatable,...

...but would I debate someone's motive to kill themselves? I can only say it depends on the motive, but within my own conclusions, i'd recommend against suicide.

In my case, I felt little reason to continue living, as I resided within an existentially nihilistic worldview. I avoided that by somehow coming across the thought that when regarding our existence, if life seemed pointless, death would be equally as pointless. Everyone's case varies though and may depend on misfortune in their life, or on having the knowledge of the misfortune of others, or on any other sort of perspective or basis.

Hopefully it sufficiently answered the question.

- - -

What's your MBTI or "Myers-Briggs" personality type?
Tad Fibonacci
I think there's already a thread about this if I'm not mistaken.

Well, anyways I got INTJ-A.

Here's the text if you're interested.

SPOILER
https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

- - - -

Same question since I can't think of anything else to ask.
Achromalia
INTP-A, on my end. Interesting.

huh, I guess I would've expected that of ya.

so far, I'm finding INTJs to be relatively easy to spot. I really only say that with the background knowledge of knowing my dad who I've typed as an INTJ, as I've shown him the MBTI website, test, and 16 personalities recently.

- - -

Achromalia wrote:

What's your MBTI or "Myers-Briggs" personality type?
Westonini
Took this last month.

edit: https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

-----

same question.
Sosteneshion

What do you think about the immigrants in your country?
Achromalia
Taking a quick break from the music.

It's hard for me to generalize United States immigrants much. It's quite the mixed bag and with the influx of immigrants from various countries, comes a whole lot of weight on numerous aspects of things the US government would be preparing for. That's about it, I guess?

Primarily, I'm assuming as I've got little to no definite knowledge on political topics and hadn't focused on it much, with everything else I've got going on.

I just see them as... well, people.

They're fellow human beings.

- - -

In your perspective, how does one best develop an understanding of others' emotions?
Tad Fibonacci
I can't say that I have an answer for that. I can't even understand my own emotions most of the times.

I don't think the concept of human emotions can be understood fully by anyone.
The thing with other people is that I can get to know them, understand them to an extent. Even predict them in certain situations. But I can't understand how they feel at all. And sometimes, I hurt the people around me because of that.

I just don't understand why they'd feel how they felt.

- - - -

Same question.
Li77L3
In my perspective? Not being mentally disabled.

------------------------------------

Who are you gay for?
TeeArctic1
Probably Tom Hiddleston, what class

What period of your life do you appreciate the most?
45Traeath
The one during which I'm hanging out with friends.

Would you "frequently" play "Metal Slug 3" with me on Steam, if I offered the game to you?
(Not actually "frequently", just lesser than it, but whatever.)
Achromalia
Honestly, I'd find it unlikely that I'd have time to play anything nowadays. I've been pretty focused on music and art and plan to stick with them for a good while until I can learn to prioritize and organize how I do things, as well as figure out a solid plan for making and income. Stuff like that.

- - -

Any particular things you dislike about your life circumstances?
Wuxo

Achromalia wrote:

Any particular things you dislike about your life circumstances?

as whiny as i can be, i really don’t want to complain or went on here. it ain’t perfect but it could be much much worse. so i try to be satisfied with what i’ve got.

--------------------------

what’s your favorite color?
Tad Fibonacci
Black, red, blue and white from best to worst in that order.
Those are my favorite colors.

----

What do you think about kids?
Achromalia
in what sense?

well, it's hard to generalize my thought for every child as each child has varying personalities, and whatnot...

but kids are pretty charming. it's because they have varying personalities that make them intriguing. i feel compelled to observe the way they look at the world and the way they interact with the world. it may be representative of a few things, and i'm fascinated by the learning process that they go through just to figure things out.

if i were to have kids? that'd be fairly difficult to handle, but i'd be pretty happy to have my own children. i'd like to have the experience of watching them grow and mature, to become what they feel works best for them, and to see them follow their passions. I'll guide them if they want to go somewhere. I'll broaden their perspective a bit with their decisions, and explain everything I can. I'd like to teach them some things, and I feel like nurturing their critical thinking would be really nice. On the other hand... they're probably going to be giving a good pile of work and stress management to do. I wonder how that'd go.

- - -

How would you approach if you were to have children?
Tad Fibonacci
Tbh, I'd be scared, I'm not ready to have kids yet.

I don't even have my life sorted out yet, I can't even imagine how I'd take care of another. Heck, I can't even take care of myself properly.

Although, I'd like to have kids one day. Even though it's quite contradictory since I've always hated kids.
Kids are annoying, loud, dirty and helpless in my eyes. But there is something about them makes me cannot fully hate them.
Maybe it's in our genetics, maybe we were designed to not hate kids despite how annoying they are.

----

What is the one goal of r achievement that you really want to get in life?
Achromalia
Being a self-sustaining and proficient animator and musician.

No particular award or anything, but I'd like to be able to express everything in every way I know how. If only I can improve myself with my work, and get my hands on something to make things easier. If I were to earn enough with both music and art to not need any sort of other job, I'd be really damn happy. I could live as I need to without much worry.

- - -

What's your view on Thread Necromancy?
Penguin
It's a fun thing to focus on throughout the day, whether you're checking up on it on your phone out and about in the real world or camping it while at home chilling. I gave up as a competitor because you guys are just too damn competitive with it and I honestly just sometimes forget to post and get really far behind. It's a fun game though.

----------

Do you think you have a nice sense of fashion?
Tad Fibonacci
I guess not.
I tend to wear really normal clothes that you can find anywhere. I guess I don't really care much about fashion.
Most of my clothes are in dark color and I don't tend to spend too much on clothes either.

If there's a formal occasion then I might wear a suit and/or a trench coat and might use some of my brother's hair pomade but that's it.

--------

Same question since I can't think of anything to ask.
Wuxo
i do!! (i think) but i never wear, nor own anything cute or fancy lol, all my clothes are plain and boring sigh

------
same q
Achromalia
I dont consider myself to be fashionable. I wear the same clothes. As long as it works and keeps me comfortable or warm, I'm fine with it. I wear whatever I need to. I spend very little on clothing.

- - -

SQ.
45Traeath
"Nice"? From the global opinion I've heard, when asked (by my family) in a store "let's spend some, what do you want to wear?"...
No.
I'm really plain and minimal, am aware of it (as much by myself as by their opinion), and am not trying the slightest to get "flashy".

Are "combat" sports really a good therapy to help myself vent out?
Wuxo
im personally against any kind of violence so i'd say no.
---
what does life mean to you
Achromalia
Depends on the context.

But most often it's in an existential context.

"Whatever I want it to be", in other words, nothing much. I don't have much reason for my life aside from my passion in music and art, and just the love of creating things. Had I not concluded that dying would be as pointless as I'd perceive life to be, I'd possibly have already killed myself by now.

- - -

What do you think of death?
Tad Fibonacci
Death is the person who approved my petition to save the shitpost thread so I think he's a cool guy.

Just kidding, to me death is just the ending of a cycle. There isn't anything inherently bad about it, nor is it a good thing.

I don't believe in that reincarnation bullshit though. Death to me is just the body and mind shutting down.
I don't believe in human souls, nor do I believe in heaven or hell.
To me, the concept of a life after death is ludicrous and is just there for the people who are afraid of death to believe in.

If life is beautiful then death can also be beautiful.

If life can be full of meaning then death is too.

--------------------

Same question.
Achromalia
Pretty much the same thing.

I've had little inclination to believe in reincarnation or an afterlife.

I merely think of death as an end to life, the state of nothingness you're to experience as your body decays or is damaged beyond repair for whatever reason.

I think and care little for death. I can appreciate it to some extent, but the concept of oblivion, though pretty beautiful in some sense, is not much more than the embodiment of... well, nothingness. pointlessness.

- - -

same question.
Penguin
I welcome death with open arms. I don't believe in an afterlife or none of that, so I truly have no idea what I think death would be like. It's literally incomprehensible for the human to imagine a sense of complete and absolute nothingness. This question is making me have an existential crisis.

---

What's the point?
MisakiTobisawa-
Of living? Cherishing it, obviously. I'd prefer not to think about my death as I'm still young.

When was the last time you were able to relate to what I wrote on my userpage?
show more