forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin
I do very much enjoy the simplicity and taking things at face value. I believe that the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" can be used in this situation. The thing is though that for me personally, it's almost impossible to 100% do so. I have a horrible habit of getting stuck in my own head and overthinking everything. I acknowledge the fact that I do so and I don't let myself believe the situations I create in my head or assume anything before I know facts. But I can't really help the fact that the things I think about will still put me in a bad mood, or change how I react to situations or people. It really sucks.

---

Do you ever experience Liberosis?

definition: "The desire to just stop—stop caring, stop thinking, stop wondering, stop trying to hold onto things that aren’t meant to be yours and simply let go. For example, grabbing a handful of sand and watching it slowly, effortlessly slip through your fingers, reminding you that there are some things you simply cannot keep, and that’s perfectly and beautifully okay."
Achromalia
...I used to.

- - -

The French Horn or the Violin?
vinnicci
violin

is it hot right where you are?
Penguin
Saturday 10:00 AM
Mostly Cloudy
44°

What is your dream car?
45Traeath
None, I don't want to drive.
My real worry being, being involved in an accident; regardless of whether I was driving or a passenger(?).

Any personal sportive achievement you have/had felt proud of?
Achromalia
...Sportive...?

ehmm. I dunno what'd count as sportive in my case...

Actually, I'm kinda good at badminton, strangely enough...?

- - -

Do you enjoy Tetris?
vinnicci
i used to, now i can only do one playstyle (st stacking), i suck at anything else.

same q
MisakiTobisawa-
I had a lot of fun with Tetris (I was better than all my friends at it lol) and I'd rack up a lot of rows. Sometimes a round would last more than 15 minutes. Too bad I've moved on from that now, but there's an arcade not too far from my house. I should head back there and go to the Tetris machine instead of my typical rhythm game machines.

What's your favorite TV show from 2018? Anime, drama, documentaries, variety shows etc all count.
keremaru
I mean, I haven't watched too many shows in 2018 really. I liked the premise of that zombie idol anime, but never watched it nonetheless. So, that really only leaves Lost Song, the one show/anime that I recall watching ever and liking in 2018.

What's your opinion on mass media?
Achromalia
...mass media...? Uh... media in general I guess-- eh.

Well, there's the idea that really, all that happens is that shit gets slung everywhere and stories are skewed for whatever reason. Honestly, I don't really think I'd view it all through that lens.

...I really don't know. There isn't much of an opinion I have there to speak of. All I could do would be to regurgitate whatever I find if I were to look for something about the media.

Mostly, I'm just not really informed enough on it to give a solid opinion.

- - -

Ever mix up your responses on varying threads and accidentally reply to the wrong one?
CatzerTM
yes

what do you think of autotune
Penguin

Achromalia wrote:

Ever mix up your responses on varying threads and accidentally reply to the wrong one?
I know someone who does :^)

OT: autotune sounds like shit. Old Kanye autotune was shit. Juice WRLD is shit. TPain is shit. etc etc etc

Out of all of the featured artists in osu, which is your favorite? and if it's camellia, which is your second favorite?
45Traeath
You should ask for my 3rd one, if "Ocelot/Rin Ginsuke" was your 2nd expectation.
But even so, as much as I would put Camellia in a very high position...
Well, Ocelot still wins.
(I almost went out of the "Osu!" domain because I don't know how to read, but somehow still stayed inside it '-')

Favorite illustrator ("artist", "designer", "person who draws", someone)?
Penguin
My favorite artist is Piper Thibodeau. I found this artist when searching for avatars to use back in 2014. I love the style of artwork and what they illustrate. I've used many of their designs for my avatars in the past.
http://www.piperthibodeau.com/

Same Q
Birdy
Emma Ainala or Werner Holmberg.

same q
Meah
Otohiko Takano

same q
Luqanted
i like myself

last time u drank alcohol or beer
Meah
Do San Mig Apple flavoured count? If yes then Dec. 31st

Same q
Penguin
I had a tall can of Michelob Ultra on Christmas.

How many hours of sleep do you get on average?
keremaru
considering i go to sleep around 11-12, about 6-7 hours. if my mom didn't wake me up to get out of the room, maybe more.

if you have plans for this, what college do you want to go to/wish you went to?
Birdy
Landscape architecture or forestry.

same q
Achromalia

Birdy wrote:

That's... not a college or university...?

That's a degree or field of study, I believe.

ehm…

I don't really plan on going to any colleges anytime soon, but if I do, I may go to CSUS. It's relatively local and seems okay for what it is, I heard it has nice programs for visual arts and some stuff regarding music production.

But eh. No real current plans.

- - -

Would you be fearful or apprehensive of dying?
45Traeath
"One or the other"? I don't know.
"Yes or no"? I'm leaning towards "No".

I just, don't feel concerned about my death. As much as there are things I need to finish, complete, correct, whatever, it's just... Eh.
I'm just "living" according to "rules", more like "precautions", I made for myself, trying to bypass some systems.
If there was a way to "escape" in silence, without inducing any troublesome stuff to the people around me, I'd go through it after being done with my needs.

What's the longest song currently in any of your folders?
CatzerTM
Exile - Soulless 4. 13 minute song

what's the most nostalgia you've ever faced?
Penguin
Ever faced? Not sure exactly what that means, but the most nostalgic times for me are probably around 10 years ago when I would come home from elementary / middle school and play COD 4, MW2, GTA 4, L4D, etc etc, with all of my Xbox friends. I only have communication with 2 or 3 of them still and we rarely talk. It makes me sad thinking of how I'll probably never again have the same sort of friendship with those people that we used to have

Do you like to fall asleep with background noise?
Birdy

Achromalia wrote:

Birdy wrote:

That's... not a college or university...?

That's a degree or field of study, I believe.
Oh, true. What a stupid question, in that case.

Let me rephrase my answer, then: Helsinki University or Aalto University, more specifically for degrees of landscape architecture or forestry.

OT: Yes, I prefer sleeping with my fan on.

same q
MisakiTobisawa-
Yeah, my air conditioner is pretty quiet. Sometimes I have my fan on instead when I sleep.

Is my avatar cute?
Penguin
eh, not really imo. I don't find many anime related things to be "cute"

If you could relive one memory that you have of the past, what would it be? (not change, just experience it again.)
keremaru
Probably the one time where I played "Hide and Seek" with my older brother and sister in my house. I'd love to hold my little 5-year old breath again just to escape detection.

same q
Achromalia
I feel like I'd want to do it all over again.

Find what it was I did.

See why my choices had done almost nothing to change the outcome, to see what was really going on, and how I could've done things better.

Perhaps, to understand.

I dunno.

- - -

Last time you've felt intensely contemplative?
Penguin
Pretty much every day. The time I was the most contemplative was after the army sent me home. I had to think about what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

Do you feel as if you are socially inept compared to other people in your demographics?
Achromalia
Ah. Often.

But... perhaps not. I feel like I'm rather reclusive and that I'm not really good with talking to others but all of this stuff kinda tells me otherwise.

Maybe I'm a bit better at social stuff now.

- - -

Any tips on maintaining a better work ethic? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Penguin
I don't feel like online social interactions are a good judge of IRL social skills. It's a lot easier to communicate online when you're sitting in front of your computer monitor with less care for being judged than you would in real life. You can also think intensely about what you're typing for however long you want before you press send. Plus there's the whole lack of the body language and vocal tone portion as well.

I'm not trying to judge your social capabilities or anything, don't get me wrong. I don't know you IRL, so I can't judge in the least. Just wanted to speak my mind a bit.

OT: When it comes to physical work ethics, it's all about working smarter, not harder. Try your best, but also try to do it in an efficient way.

When it comes to school type stuff, all I can say is keep a schedule. Mostly your sleep schedule. Whenever you wake up or get home from school, start immediately doing your work and finish it. Once you get it completed, so much pressure will be relieved. Don't get distracted, complacent, or procrastinate.

----

What's your favorite color?
keremaru
hot pink; quite obvious in my ava and whole aesthetic.

same q + why is it your favorite?
MisakiTobisawa-
blue, because it complements a lot of things nicely

what were you doing just before logging on to osu!?
Achromalia
...before... logging onto osu?

the game itself, the forums, uhhh

well

last time i played, i was talking to onumi about mapping her stuff

i uh-- i was watching youtube just a bit ago i guess?

(P.S. - Thanky Penguin -w-)

- - -

how do you personally deal with work?
keremaru
the thing is, i don't.
i always procrastinate a project until i have to do it, whether that be when my mom forces me to only do that one particular thing, or in the last moment when i try to rush the thing. i never stay on top of my game when it comes to work.

what's better-- chocolate cake, or apple pie?
Meah
Chocolate cake by miles

Something that you long for
CatzerTM
i've been longing to get started on graphic designing as a hobby or possibly a part-time job.

Meah wrote:

Something that you long for
Penguin
My career.

Do you ever experience depersonalization?
show more