forum

Ask the person below you anything

posted
Total Posts
show more
MisakiTobisawa-
People asking me if I've done something multiple times. I only need to say it once, right?

Do you drink enough water? I certainly do. 4 liters a day, actually.
Tad Fibonacci
Probably. I don't keep track of how much water I consume, but I assume that I do drink enough water since I am still some what healthy.

-----------------------------

What are your most favorite video games? (Can either be ranked or not in any particular order)
Achromalia
Starcraft 1 + Starcraft:Brood War, NFS:Underground, NFS:Underground 2, NFS:Most Wanted (2005), NFS:Carbon, NFS:ProStreet, Tetris, osu!, Platform Racing 2, Astroflux.

No particular order, from console games to PC games, even browser games. Almost all from my childhood.

- - -

What old memories do you hold dearly?
Journal
This might be weird, but I associate different music and pictures with each of my memories. I usually can’t listen to one song over and over, or look at the same thing over and over, so I tend to change my surroundings a lot because of this. Lmao before I go off on a tangent, my most treasured memories are the ones where I’m walking through the grass in the summer, with the sweet smell of a fresh storm coming along, and feeling the freeze of the little popsicles that have just been taken out of the freezer while standing outside and waiting for the rain to drop.

Is there an actual secret you can’t tell anyone else?
TeeArctic1
I'm pretty open about myself, even my bad sides or the things you would ordinarily keep a secret. I guess I subconsciously think that it's better to combat the rumors and backlash by revealing them in advance, being transparent and talking about it so it's more understandable. I do have parts of by past I'd like fewer people to know about, but I don't think I have any secrets I can't tell anyone about.

What are your opinions on gossip?
Tad Fibonacci
I guess I don't like them.

I'm not very good at gossiping, I just don't see the point of it. I would rather have a meaningful debate or a conversation with someone.
Often times in gossips I'd just quietly listen to everything instead of talking since I find myself having nothing to say.
And it can feel like a chore answering people's questions about your day or your life recently.

So I think gossips are too tiring and drawn out. To me, they're a waste of time.

----------------

Same question.
Achromalia
Indifference.

Not much reason in intervening, not much reason to care.

If it's about me, I'll generally not give enough of a shit to do anything, though I will at least take note of what they're saying, and consider why that's something they've got in their minds.

Gossip is just not my kind of thing. I'm not really interested in spreading rumors or shitting on others without good reason. Pretty much any reason would be a generally shitty reason if it's about trivial matters.

- - -

If it had been up to you, would you kill someone who's attacked you in the name of self-defense?
Tad Fibonacci
I'd try not to, but if that person is doing harm to me and/or my loved ones and it's the only way to stop them then yes, I would kill to protect myself and others around me.

-------------------

Same question
MisakiTobisawa-
Nope. It's against my will to take someone else's life. I can sprint quite fast, though, so I can get out of anything shady in the blink of an eye if needed.

On that note, how fast can you run?
TeeArctic1
Killing something/someone would be the last solution. When it comes down to it though, I'm unsure whether or not I could actually manage to kill someone, mentally speaking.

Sq
MisakiTobisawa-
well looks like I ninja'd someone so I'll answer again with my other post

KotoriIsMyWaifu wrote:

Nope. It's against my will to take someone else's life. I can sprint quite fast, though, so I can get out of anything shady in the blink of an eye if needed.

On that note, how fast can you run?
Meah
Zzzzoooooooooooooom!

Do you like cheese? Why do you like it?
Journal
I hate cheese. I don’t understand the appeal of it.

Do you stress easily?
Achromalia
not really, but i do certainly get pretty stressed. it just kinda depends on what's going on, whether it be situational shit or just whatever's in my head.

most of anything else translates into apathy.

- - -

What would make you lose respect for someone?
Journal
Close-mindedness. Intolerance. Ignorance. Refusal to listen to anyone’s opinions other than your own.

Sq
Achromalia
illogical malevolence and grudge-holding, vanity, manipulation of all kinds, exploitation, strong hypocrisy or clinging onto an idea despite cognitive dissonance in stances, being biased without concern for other perspectives, dismissive or condescending demeanor towards others, and general incompetence.

definitely more, but it'd be a while to list them.

though many people fit the bill, i don't care to really "lose respect" for them. there wasn't any in the first place, after all.

any authority is still subject to the criteria, regardless of their power over others or whatever system they manage.

you're not invulnerable to criticism of your decisions, your behavior, or your logic.

well, this doesn't really happen that often. i don't have any reason to look down on others, as it's kind of a shitty thing to do when there's good reason behind their demeanor. i simply take into account their actions and keep my distance.

- - -

What would earn your respect for someone?
Tad Fibonacci
I would have respect for people that has incredible achievements that I couldn't even imagine was possible, people that have had their lives sorted out for themselves, people that has determination, truly talented people and people whom stayed loyal to their vision/ideals even when everyone was against them and changed their lives and other people's lives for the better.

------------------

Same question.
Achromalia
respect is pretty easily earned, i'd say. the degree of respect varies, though.

you don't have to be an accomplished individual. life circumstances will probably fuck you over beforehand.

i look at your personality, your decisions, and your habits.

as long as you're a decent person, you're really quite fine in my book. be kind, be thoughtful, be logical, and be fair. those are a good few basic components to start with, of the many ways to gain my respect.

- - -

SQ.
Journal
People that still care for others even if they’ve been through the wringer

What is your definition of perfect?
MisakiTobisawa-
A description that is out of reach for all of us. Being perfect means that you've never sinned. But we all have, so we're not perfect. Fortunately, because we are God's creation, he loves us and will forgive our sins if we look to him, regardless of how sinful we are (and by my definitions in this context, how imperfect we are).

What do you think you would be doing right now if you had never started playing osu!? Probably a question that's been asked many times, but in my opinion it's still something interesting to think about.
TeeArctic1
I'd probably be doing politics like I am now, but even more. I'd like to think that I'd be pretty much the same person, but yeah, things change

How have your goals in life changed since you were younger?
Westonini
Younger: Get good grades in school. Play video games when I get home.

Now: Graduate college. Make video games when I get home. (and hopefully get an enjoyable & well-paying job involving video games somewhere down the line.)

- - -

Would you consider yourself a leader in any way?
Tad Fibonacci
I'd be a terrible leader. I'm a pretty selfish person so I cannot handle the responsibilities of a leader.

-------------------

Same question.
TeeArctic1
I've had a couple leadership positions before, so I guess to some extent, seeing as I have experience in the matter. However, I'm far from an excellent leader. I want to learn to become more inspiring and capable. Before you become a leader, your goal is to better yourself. After you become a leader, your goal is to better others.

Sq
Journal

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Before you become a leader, your goal is to better yourself. After you become a leader, your goal is to better others.

wipes tears
That..that..was beautiful.

To answer your question, I’ve had leadership positions and opportunities in my earliest years of high school, but I would hardly consider myself to be a true leader during that time. You’re required to be outgoing in some situations. For example, introducing region chapter presidents to one another.
I don’t take initiative in that situation. I find it uncomfortable to make small talk, but I can pull it off if I sense any tension between groups. However, if I was in a work-related environment, I would consider myself a leader. I hate it when people dilly-dally around in a work environment, as I believe we should get our tasks completed first. I have been told I’m a pretty dogmatic and micromanaging person b/c of that lmao.

Are you more a past, present, or future person?
Tad Fibonacci
I guess I am a present person.

The past makes you wanna die out of regret.
The future makes you depressed out of anxiety.

And so the present is the happiest time.

-----------------------------

Same question.
Carmlillball
Future, because I'm currently going through quite a hard time with my anxiety and I'm currently having help with it. With the progress I'm making, I'm definitely excited for the future, although also nervous!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indoor or outside?
MisakiTobisawa-
My parents don't allow me to leave the house by myself to meet friends or whatever, only when I need to buy groceries or things like that. I haven't been exposed to much outdoor activity, so I suppose I'm more comfortable with indoors.

How many of your "friends" are actually friends? There's a difference between friends and acquaintances which you can research on before answering this question if you are uninformed. I sadly have none because as mentioned earlier, I don't get to meet up with other people often.
TeeArctic1
A fair amount of my friends are actual friends. I'm somewhat selective when it comes to my close social circle, so I manage to maintain it quite well with people I get along with, and who help me grow.

On that note, do any of your friends share common traits?
Journal
I have a lot of acquaintances, but only one I consider a friend. We’re both pretty stubborn, open-minded, and flighty people with a calm exterior. We both find it easy to talk to each other because of our similar interests and experiences, and our mutual respect of personal boundaries.

Do you think it’s better to be pessimistic or optimistic by default?
Achromalia
kind of difficult.

optimism's quite nice. you can see the best in things and always hold hope for the future. you can push on with the idea that things will work out. it's not to be confused with naivety, though it can be a big part of it. optimism is hope. in a way, it seems to bring others together.

pessimism's quite sobering and useful at times, but at others, not so much. though it's not to be confused with being cynical, pessimism is another way of being aware of how shit can go wrong. it tends to drive others away from you though, which kinda sucks.

as opposed to pessimism, cynicism is a bit more helpful. instead of being caught up in potential misfortune, acting with cynicism is a bit different in that you're there to detect potential misfortune and any kind of flaws in any kind of system, especially in people. a more stable form, but it can also drive others away as you're in the belief that everyone's in it for themselves, and thus, you've likely isolated yourself a bit in doing so.

skepticism is even better, but i'm going off-topic now. point being, optimism is shaky but in some sense, focuses on what's an ideal outcome and rides on the hope that it'll be true, and pessimism is more or less a downward spiral into nihilism if you get caught up in it, and sometimes just leads to us generally giving up.

i've seen some things relevant to this in my personal life. i've gone from optimism, to pessimism, to stoicism and apathy.

with all things considered, it's good to have hope for the future, but you can't ignore that shit'll go wrong. optimism puts you in the mindset of pushing through, while pessimism gives you the option of giving up or avoiding it entirely. knowing this, pessimism doesn't seem to be any more efficient than optimism, perhaps even less effective at getting anything done in life than optimism.

and so optimism is in a way, a slightly better mindset.

just... don't be naive about it.

- - -

same question.
Carmlillball
I'd definitely say optimist!

Science or Religious Studies?

(Both of the best subjects <3)
Achromalia
Eh, I'd prefer the numerous various sciences.

Religion would be kind of cool to study, but it's not really a priority. It'd be good to see where these manuscripts really originated, seeing how these ideas came about and understanding why things are written as they are, understanding the history behind various religions.

But I've yet to hold a real interest in it.

The sciences though, would be damn cool to work with and learn. It's been interesting.

I've only gotten as far as Chemistry. Physiology and Physics are next.

- - -

A more controversial topic, but what's your stance on gender identity, and what's become of it?
Tad Fibonacci
I'm not really familiar to the concept but from what I've seen, I think it's ridiculous.
There are 2 genders: male and female, period. It's been proven, it's a fact, humans have lived thousands of years with that concept.

And now, for some reason people are making up more genders to fit into. Like, why?
And there are no rules or category to this gender identity thing either, you can be whatever gender you want without even having to change anything. How does that makes any sense? What if I say that I'm a man today, woman for tomorrow and then back to a man the next day? Would that still be acceptable?

I think that in the long run, gender identity would affect society negatively. Imagine going outside not knowing if a person is a man, a woman or a unicorn. How are you supposed to have a healthy relationship? What if a man says he's a woman just to retire earlier than normal? How do you divide toilets? It would be meaningless if a man says he's a woman and just walk into the woman's restroom. What about in sports? Should we accept biological man to join woman's teams?

------------------------

Same question.
Achromalia
Hmm.

I'm not exactly all that well-informed on the matter either, but I've looked into it a little and can see some of the reasoning behind it all.

I'd say I'm a little more accepting of it, though some skepticism still lurks. I've got a few friends that fall under the scope of this sort of thing, and I've learned a bit from my interactions around 'em, primarily, their stances, and the shit they put up with. A lot of 'em are pretty cool, and the mindsets and reasoning behind this whole thing can be kinda interesting.

A common way to clear things up seems to be the idea of the difference between biological sex and gender. Biologically, you're pretty much fixed to a particular sex, and the physical traits resulting from it are pretty obvious. Gender seems to be more of a mental thing, however. It's essentially what you identify as, who you feel you can best associate with. There's been some stuff regarding masculinity, femininity, and the concept that there's people that really just don't feel like they're either of the ideas of who's supposed to be "male" or "female". Biologically, they can't really do much, they're born as that sex, and if they were born with the XX chromosomes, they're pretty much set. Gender won't change any of that, and it seems it isn't something that is really intended to change any of it in the first place.

Point being, sex and gender are detached concepts.

For the first point-- "There are two genders, male and female, period". Riding along the mindset that sex and gender are the same thing, is it at least reasonable to question if there are only male and female humans? Who are these "intersex" people, then? I've yet to look in-depth into it myself, but it looks like it's possible to be biologically set with different chromosomes and physical/sexual characteristics than what's typically seen as strictly male or female. It might be worth some consideration, and I'm interested in getting familiar with the idea. It's not very common but certainly exists.

Second point-- "...for some reason people are making up more genders to fit into". With the consideration that gender's a mental thing regarding who the person associates themselves best as, it's a little easier for me to see why. Non-binary, for example. These are people who don't really find themselves to fit within what's seen in a "male" or "female". They don't associate themselves with any of it. I'm still confused by a lot of it. Again, I should probably do some further research.

A fair third point, in questioning the complicated nature of gender identity, and identifying as something only to switch between something else. I think it's pretty looked down upon even in the LGBTQ+ community. I'd doubt that the majority of those identifying as various genders would intend on doing something as such without decent reasoning, but it's not really fair to say it doesn't exist. I'd also think it's possible there are people who would mess around with this concept of multiple genders and don't really take it seriously, identifying as they wish for jokes, for fun, or publicity.

I'd say the surfacing concept of and culture surrounding gender identity has made things complicated. It's being made a little more well-known, for varying reasons, a lot of the time thanks to some drama of sorts. Conflict, conflict, conflict, amongst people who disapprove or even shit on others for identifying as something other than male or female, and the people who do indeed identify as some kind of gender from the multitude. It's kind of depressing.

To answer some stuff in the last paragraph, it should be somewhat simple.

Just ask. If you know someone and interact with them, and are unsure of who they identify as, afraid of having to assume things of them, ask.

But if that's kinda uncomfortable to do, then ehh, fair enough. It's also understandable to be conflicted regarding that decision, addressing them as they wish, considering that you may hold the reasoning that you find it ridiculous to disregard your own beliefs for the sake of their own whims, but it has seriously fucked with some people. I don't think it'd be a great idea to shit on others for identifying as they do.

So I dunno.

Best thing to do is research and develop a more solid opinion once fully informed, I suppose.

I still question it. But so far, out of the reasoning I'm weighing, a lot of it seems understandable. I just need to look at this further.

- - -

same question!
Tad Fibonacci
Same question since I'm only stating my opinions on this.

So I've done a little bit more research on the matter. And it would seems to me that this whole gender identity is more of a mental illness.
Statistically, transgender people has a 40% suicide rate regardless of surgery. Some people says it's due to the pressure of society, but it doesn't make sense to me. That reasoning could be valid 30 or 50 years ago but not now. People nowadays are really open minded and would treat others with decency regardless of their gender identity at least most of the time.

And so it would be more reasonable to think that it's more of a mental disease, and to some people, a social trend.
But the thing is, I don't think having multiple gender identities would help transgender people in anyway. Since even now, with a better, more open minded society and with gender identity, the suicide rate didn't dropped. It stayed still.

I have a cousin and he had depression and got into drugs. Years of drug abuse made him mentally ill. I visit him from time to time and sometimes he would act reasonably sane but one time he kept telling everyone that the bed he's sleeping on is breathing and the ceiling is talking to him, telling him to steal bars of soap.
Should I then tell him yes, the ceiling is talking to him and his bed is breathing? How would that help him?

I feel the same way with transgender people. I don't think changing facts about biology would help them in any way.

I have no problem with people identifying as whatever gender they want. But I will not change how I perceive facts because of them.
Carmlillball
I don't know and I don't care. You do you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Train or plane?
Nessuka
T r a i n.

Does liking traps make you gay?
Tad Fibonacci
Yes.

-----------------

What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?
MisakiTobisawa-
The answer to everything we can see around us? Look at a wooden chair. Where did it come from? The forest? And where did the trees come from? It's a game of connect the dots that will trace back to the creation of the universe and we won't come close to finishing in our current time as there are many undiscovered and unexplained phenomena that scientists still find stunning and unfathomable. As for our lives, it's really a matter of what you see it as. Life is indeed a question. Why do we have it, what are we doing and so on. For me, answers will vary due to the different interpretations of life and it's typical formula and processes (doing well for yourself in your family, education, profession etc), but it's too soon for me to give my opinion as I'm still a student. I do apologize if I have not answered your question. I myself haven't put much thought into my life yet, I'll work on it closer to adulthood.

What was your favorite part of primary (or elementary) school?
show more