forum

Turn The Tide - The Armada

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-BLuR-
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
u624ka
Hello. I tried modding your Easy difficulty.

While easier difficulties are supposed to be somewhat undermapped to make the map playable for beginners, the map is still supposed to represent what's important in the song.

For example, at the very start of your Easy: just because the music is less intense doesn't mean you have to map the least prominent sound there is, while disregarding the foucs: vocals. I think the song would be much more intuitive to play if you simply map them like this, while still representing the low intensity of that part of the song. As the vocals grow stronger leading up to the intense part, you can try adding some sliders with ends at percussion sounds to spice things up a little.

00:22:561 (2) - This slider doesn't follow the music. The sounds it's supposed to represent begin half a beat earlier, on the red tick, and, considering they repeat twice as often as the ones under the preceding slider (every half a beat instead of every beat), I think it's worth emphasizing them with a kick slider like this .

00:24:767 (1,2,3) - on the white tick after 3 there is the same sound as 1 and 2, but you didn't place a hitcircle there for some reason. Also, 3 is noticeably less important that 1 and 2, so I think it might be better to replace 2 with a slider with its end where 3 is, like this.

00:26:532 (1) - That slider spans 4 full beats. I think it might be better to place its kicks at white ticks so they would follow the rhythm, like this

00:28:296 (2,3,4) - The music here is the same as at 00:24:767 (1,2,3) followed by 00:22:561 (2) so it would make sense to represent those sounds with the same objects, like this.

00:29:620 (1,2) - Since that "ka" between these is distinct from that lengthy "zing" (or whatever that is), I think a hitcircle on "ka" is warranted.
Also, that "zing" kick slider ends on an important sound, which leaves that sound without due emphasis because of how slider emphasis works.
I think it would be better to emphasize it with a hit circle, just like you did with the following sounds that are exactly the same, and go with a simple slider for the "zing" instead, like this.

00:33:590 (3) - This slider doesn't really fit the intensity of those drums. Since you already have drums just as intense at 00:26:532 (1), the suggestion applies here as well.

00:35:355 (1) - This slider just abruptly stops in the middle of the long "yeah", and even before that, even though the vocals are a continuous sound, the song doesn't lose that much intensity to warrant going from clicks on almost every beat to a loooong slider. Drums in the background are still pretty prominent, so, instead of treating that vocal line as one continuous sound, you can emphasize every syllable with a slider and put ends on white ticks where the percussion sounds are, like this. That way you still keep the vocals as the main focus, but also don't disregard the drums completely.

So, to sum up, emphasize what's important, keep the song's intensity in mind, and avoid disregarding important sounds just to undermap for the sake of undermapping.

Good luck with your map.
Topic Starter
-BLuR-

u624ka wrote:

Hello. I tried modding your Easy difficulty.

While easier difficulties are supposed to be somewhat undermapped to make the map playable for beginners, the map is still supposed to represent what's important in the song. Yeah you're right, I was a bit paranoid when I made it in case I made something too hard.

For example, at the very start of your Easy: just because the music is less intense doesn't mean you have to map the least prominent sound there is, while disregarding the foucs: vocals. I think the song would be much more intuitive to play if you simply map them like this, while still representing the low intensity of that part of the song. As the vocals grow stronger leading up to the intense part, you can try adding some sliders with ends at percussion sounds to spice things up a little. Yup got it

00:22:561 (2) - This slider doesn't follow the music. The sounds it's supposed to represent begin half a beat earlier, on the red tick, and, considering they repeat twice as often as the ones under the preceding slider (every half a beat instead of every beat), I think it's worth emphasizing them with a kick slider like this . Fixed (unsure about how 1 star players would react to such a short repeating slider though).

00:24:767 (1,2,3) - on the white tick after 3 there is the same sound as 1 and 2, but you didn't place a hitcircle there for some reason. Also, 3 is noticeably less important that 1 and 2, so I think it might be better to replace 2 with a slider with its end where 3 is, like this. Done

00:26:532 (1) - That slider spans 4 full beats. I think it might be better to place its kicks at white ticks so they would follow the rhythm, like this Done

00:28:296 (2,3,4) - The music here is the same as at 00:24:767 (1,2,3) followed by 00:22:561 (2) so it would make sense to represent those sounds with the same objects, like this. Done

00:29:620 (1,2) - Since that "ka" between these is distinct from that lengthy "zing" (or whatever that is), I think a hitcircle on "ka" is warranted.
Also, that "zing" kick slider ends on an important sound, which leaves that sound without due emphasis because of how slider emphasis works.
I think it would be better to emphasize it with a hit circle, just like you did with the following sounds that are exactly the same, and go with a simple slider for the "zing" instead, like this. Done

00:33:590 (3) - This slider doesn't really fit the intensity of those drums. Since you already have drums just as intense at 00:26:532 (1), the suggestion applies here as well. Done

00:35:355 (1) - This slider just abruptly stops in the middle of the long "yeah", and even before that, even though the vocals are a continuous sound, the song doesn't lose that much intensity to warrant going from clicks on almost every beat to a loooong slider. Drums in the background are still pretty prominent, so, instead of treating that vocal line as one continuous sound, you can emphasize every syllable with a slider and put ends on white ticks where the percussion sounds are, like this. That way you still keep the vocals as the main focus, but also don't disregard the drums completely.Done

So, to sum up, emphasize what's important, keep the song's intensity in mind, and avoid disregarding important sounds just to undermap for the sake of undermapping.

Good luck with your map.

Thank you so much for your help :D