forum

EastNewSound - Proof of River

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kradfiz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 7:51:31 PM

Artist: EastNewSound
Title: Proof of River
Source: 東方
Tags: crouka cao. ほたる 芥川龍之介の河童 ~ Candid Friend 東方風神録 ~ Mountain of Faith 河城にとり Lucent Wish
BPM: 143
Filesize: 22629kb
Play Time: 06:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Memory (4.31 stars, 1262 notes)

Download: EastNewSound - Proof of River
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Abandon for now, until I become a better mapper. I will come back one day!
Fursum
From my mod queue.

Did not go really well on my first serious try.

[Memory]

I suggest using contrasted tints for combo colors. Currently it blends with the storyboard.

01:09:291 (2) - Unexpected stack.

01:14:326 (2) - ^

01:11:703 (3,4) - Because it blended with the background, I got confused the slider head with its end.

03:02:158 (4) - Unexpected spacing.

04:20:515 (2) - Hard to read and do.

Also overall flow was a bit uncomfortable for me, but symmetry kinda covers that up.
Topic Starter
Kradfiz

Fursum012 wrote:

From my mod queue.

Did not go really well on my first serious try.

[Memory]

I suggest using contrasted tints for combo colors. Currently it blends with the storyboard. Changed the blue colors slightly. The rest I think are fine.

01:09:291 (2) - Unexpected stack. I don't see a problem here since you can see both slider heads and tails for each object.

01:14:326 (2) - ^

01:11:703 (3,4) - Because it blended with the background, I got confused the slider head with its end. I hope the changes in colors fixes this; this pattern is also one I've already used, like in 01:08:976 (1,2) -

03:02:158 (4) - Unexpected spacing. Changed the distance between the objects to try and emphasize the difference in rhythm.

04:20:515 (2) - Hard to read and do. Changed the direction of the slider to make it more intuitive to play.

Also overall flow was a bit uncomfortable for me, but symmetry kinda covers that up.
Thanks for the mod!
SkinnyJommy
m4m! :D

[Memory]
  1. for the entire intro, i recommend using distance snap for everything! because literally all of your notes that you placed have no consistent spacing at all and i feel like it should be for a calm intro like this
  2. 00:36:983 (1) - here you should replace this with a 1/1 slider, just to keep your cursor moving, it feels really awkward just stopping for no real reason
  3. 00:41:179 (1,2,3,4) - these jumps arent needed, feels over mapped
  4. 00:43:696 (1,3) - really ugly overmap D:
  5. 00:46:424 - i believe their should be a note here!
  6. 00:47:892 (1,2,3,4) - unnecessary jumps again
  7. 00:53:347 (3) - you placed this slider as if it were on the same rhythm as the previous sliders, but it is a full white tick away, this can be really confusing. you do it A LOT actually and its not so good D:
  8. 00:54:605 (1,2,3,4) - jumps not needed!
  9. 00:56:703 (3,2,3) - really bad set of overlaps here
  10. well... 01:05:515 - during this part, there are a ton of different melodies / sounds going on all at one time, yet you only choose to follow one and completely ignore everything else... at this point nobody can really even mod this map because you're mapping to not the wrong sounds, but not all of them.

01:05:514 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - v

11. 01:32:368 (1) - this slider is far too long! i see youre following the guitar part but you cant just make a giant ass slider and ignore everything else! the same applies to all similar sliders

more or less of the same occurences happen throughout the map, so i dont think mentioning the same stuff over and over again helps!

good luck on this! really cool song :D
Topic Starter
Kradfiz

SkinnyJommy wrote:

m4m! :D

[Memory]
  1. for the entire intro, i recommend using distance snap for everything! because literally all of your notes that you placed have no consistent spacing at all and i feel like it should be for a calm intro like this I tried to keep the distance relative to the intensity of the notes, but evidently that was not apparent. I'll try to make the spacing more consistent.
  2. 00:36:983 (1) - here you should replace this with a 1/1 slider, just to keep your cursor moving, it feels really awkward just stopping for no real reason Makes sense, I'll add something.
  3. 00:41:179 (1,2,3,4) - these jumps arent needed, feels over mapped Will fix.
  4. 00:43:696 (1,3) - really ugly overmap D: Not entirely sure what you mean is the ugly part, but I'll remap this section probably.
  5. 00:46:424 - i believe their should be a note here! I listened several times in slow mode, but all I could hear was a really minor piano note. If anything I might make it a sliderend.
  6. 00:47:892 (1,2,3,4) - unnecessary jumps again Will fix.
  7. 00:53:347 (3) - you placed this slider as if it were on the same rhythm as the previous sliders, but it is a full white tick away, this can be really confusing. you do it A LOT actually and its not so good D: [color=#-0000FF]Trying to maintain symmetry, I'll reverse the slider to make it farther away to click.[/color]
  8. 00:54:605 (1,2,3,4) - jumps not needed! Will fix.
  9. 00:56:703 (3,2,3) - really bad set of overlaps here Wasn't actually trying to overlap those, but thanks for pointing that out. The first 3 was meant to be a horizontal symmetry to the previous 2, and the next 2-3 was a rotational symmetry to the previous 1.
  10. well... 01:05:515 - during this part, there are a ton of different melodies / sounds going on all at one time, yet you only choose to follow one and completely ignore everything else... at this point nobody can really even mod this map because you're mapping to not the wrong sounds, but not all of them. I felt like the main melody during this section is way more distinctive than any other sounds, but I'll try to incorporate your idea with the rhythm.

01:05:514 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - v

11. 01:32:368 (1) - this slider is far too long! i see youre following the guitar part but you cant just make a giant ass slider and ignore everything else! the same applies to all similar sliders Fair enough, I'll break them up into smaller sliders.

more or less of the same occurences happen throughout the map, so i dont think mentioning the same stuff over and over again helps! Well I know that I have alot of work to do lol

good luck on this! really cool song :D
Thanks for the mod, haven't updated yet but will try and fix as much as possible.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.