forum

HD with no followpoints

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sayorie
It's been a long while since I posted here, I think I missed a lot of drama.

Anyway, before I left, I changed my skin by removing followpoints and playing HD only, and at some point my rank spiked after a couple of months of not playing. Since then, aiming awkward jumps and reading technical maps became easier, solely relying on appearance order of the hit objects.

I browsed the forums and other places with a topic similar to this but no in-depth discussions so far.

Is this beneficial in the long run, or harmful?

Any high-ranked players also do this?

Or is this just disadvantage on my part?
Sairen
I mean that solely depends on the person and at best it wouldn't be very harmful or very beneficial in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Sayorie
Thanks for the reply. It seems that those who use no followpoints are pretty rare, and there's not much to discuss about this.

Time to play moe.
Caput Mortuum
I never actually paid attention to follow points, even in FL. But to some, follow points might be a clutter.
A high ranker I know who doesn't use follow points is Rafis. Only him, actually.
KupcaH

Eraser wrote:

A high ranker I know who doesn't use follow points is Rafis. Only him, actually.
Since when Rafis doesn't use follow points?
Caput Mortuum

KupcaH wrote:

Eraser wrote:

Since when Rafis doesn't use follow points?
Huh, I'm pretty sure at one point I downloaded his skin without any followpoints in it.

Edit: Rohulk also didn't use follow points.
Alea
Depends if you are used to play with them, or they alike you as a problem.
Endaris
Personally I think you should absolutely learn to play HD without followpoints.
If you never played HD without followpoints there is a high chance that you read the map slower as you follow along the followpoint instead of the circles with your eyes.
Once you get to the point where you use followpoints only as an aimhelp and not as a crutch for reading it, it does not matter at all whether you play with or without followpoints.