forum

Anyone else play using keys from different rows?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aceyda
I play with t and h, I realize its kinda weird haha

Idk why, I just find it much more comfortable, anyone else do this?

Well I also play with two folded socks under my hand or else the angle just becomes too hardcore ;)
Paneiru
As your middle finger is a bit longer than your index finger, some players do indeed prefer to have the keys on different heights as well to accommodate for their finger lengths. Personally I just slant my keyboard a bit so the z key is further away from me.

I've also seen a lot of players using soft paddings like pillows or towels to rest both their arms/wrists on while playing as it might help in the long run with stamina. I've been doing fine with using the armrests on my office chair so I haven't tried this.
Ninonuko
I remember seeing Gayzmcgee play with two keys from different row somewhere.
About arm angle I bent my arm like 30 degree but hand facing forward so my tapping hand is right in front of my chest. Using multiply (*) and substract (-) from numpad. It feels same like using two keys from different row but I do this instead because of small table and no place to rest my arm.
chainpullz
I used Q/S until my S key started double tapping then I switched to W/D.
SlowLogicBoy

chainpullz wrote:

MX Blues?

NVM looked up
Keyboard: Quickfire tk red/Ducky Shine 4 blue
I have MX Blues and my X started double tapping :/

Next keyboard will be with some other switches.
Paneiru

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

MX Blues?

NVM looked up
Keyboard: Quickfire tk red/Ducky Shine 4 blue
I have MX Blues and my X started double tapping :/

Next keyboard will be with some other switches.
Keys starting to double tap is usually caused by bad build quality of the keyboard itself, not the switch, however do not take my word on it
chainpullz
Ducky is notorious for having top notch build quality and it's not the keyboard itself that is the issue. I know there were difficulties modifying the mx blues for rgb lighting and I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue is present with the rb lighting as well. I think ducky managed to fix the issues with rgb blues that corsair was having but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
Arnold0
Yes I do putting my fingers like that :

Z/D Keys (Azerty Layout, it would be W/D on Qwerty.)
Alea
Well, i use H and G to play, usually i move on letters when they are wasted and don't click well.