Krait 3 WIP [SD/HD] [4:3/16:9] [STD][Taiko][Mania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LittleFox

About the upcoming Krait V3:

Hey guys! It's been a while since the last release, and tbh, i dont think ill be finishing this anytime soon. Since this is also my personal skin, i love doing modifications to it all the time, but im short of time to do something more. (Although, I still have to post the lastest screenshots)

The upcoming version of krait, will be different, (not really), but a lot of design concepts are being applied to it with the "Performance" and "Appareance" stuff still in mind. Im mid college so this will take a loooot of time.

For those who are impatient for it (.....ha) ill be posting some WIP links here, and maybe some screenshots with the Changes. Hope you like it and i will really appreciate some feedback!

Latest Update 29-04-2017:

New Taiko skin design, some few changes to the standard mode with many new customization options (Mainly mania/std, taiko still raw)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hlyvrr70q ... o+prev.osk
Krait 2.1

From Krait 2: A while ago I submitted KraitPro, my first skin. Was still incomplete and some changes were needed. Nobody commented on the post (Not a single comment) but anyways, "Krait V1" Managed to get 328 downloads! (Basically nothing, but an achievement for me), while the testing phase of Krait "V2" Got 378 Downloads in just a week!

Today I introduce "Krait", a V2 of the Original KraitPro skin, but completely redesigned. Krait aims for a full performance skin with a bunch of customizations you can make to it. Although you can find "Square screen" Adaptations for 4:3 screen users or resolution users. (16:9 and 4:3 modes are uncompatible between them)

I hope you enjoy using Krait as much as I enjoyed making it. Please check the "Customize!" to make Krait your own skin.

Update: Added Mania and Taiko! Hope you enjoy, CTB Wip!.

All the elements are designed by me. (But the stars... cuz, cmon, they are stars >.<). Hitcircles Are provided by "Redon (Soft Hitsounds comes from random places)

Customizable elements:

• • Cursors
    • Hitcircles
    • Hitcircleoverlays
    • Taiko Hitcircles
    • Mania Special
    • Screen Format (16:9 16:10/4:3) (Some personalizations are uncompatible with 4:3 screen format)
    • Playfield Visibility
    • Accuracy positioning
    • Almost Every colored element of the skin in 7 different colors including:
    • -Calipso
    • -Green
    • -Purple
    • -Red
    • -White
    • -Yellow
    • -And my personal favorite variant with I named "Zmart"

You can find many color customizations in the Skin.ini file which has every color element with is name included:

Example:
//Soft Colors "Pastel"
//Combo1: 202,158,69
//Combo2: 91,202,169
//Combo3: 69,136,202
//Combo4: 202,69,81

//Bright Colors
Combo1: 255,185,0
Combo2: 0,190,41
Combo3: 0,168,255
Combo4: 255,80,80

//To Enable a color set, remove the "//" at the beggining of the line. To Disable it, just add "//" at the beggining of the line.

A more organized set of pictures is on the way as the captures for mania and Taiko! Please be patient or test them by yourself! I hope you like them :D

Krait 3 WIP

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hlyvrr70q6vvlg7/Krait+V3+Taiko+prev.osk

Krait 2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tcc50ttsp43jcx8/Krait+V2.1.osk

Krait

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s2u9p8soqrxa39w/Krait+V2.osk

KraitPro V1 (Old ver)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ajkap8a33oanr4/KraitPro.rar

Coming soon! (Wanna give me a hand? :D )

Every Element in this skin was designed by LittleFox Using Adobe Photoshop CC2015.5

Hitsounds by Redon

Huge thanks for Janko for allowing to use his Mania set of t/422618 as base for my own skin. The design is all from me, the original settings, Janko And huge thanks to -Anhedonia- For helping me with the skin.ini settings of 7k and 8k.

Soft Hitsounds by unknown author.

29-04-2017 Added the Wip information of Krait V3. Redesign to the Taiko skin and many skin tweaks with more customizations.

12-01-2017 Release of Krait 2.1. Added Taiko and Mania modes. Additional presets and new default configuration.

19-08-2016 First Release of KraitPro.

21-12-2016 First Beta of Krait skin. Published in a Facebook Group.

01-01-2017 Public Release of Krait. Complete redesign of KraitPro (KraitV1).
Clowder
buena skin man good job
Nixot
So much customisation available for the player and a very clean skin, nice!
Did
This is a really well made skin good job!
The customization is nice and so far I've found nothing I dislike.
Except this
Definitely using this.
Topic Starter
LittleFox

Did wrote:

Except this
Definitely using this.
What resolution do you play at? Try to use the selection-options.png (And the @2x) from the Disabled Windescreen mode which has the Krait logo at the side of the beatmap options (This for avoid unnecesary overlapping at 4:3 resolutions)

Like This
Did

LittleFox wrote:

Did wrote:

Except this
Definitely using this.
What resolution do you play at? Try to use the selection-options.png (And the @2x) from the Disabled Windescreen mode which has the Krait logo at the side of the beatmap options (This for avoid unnecesary overlapping at 4:3 resolutions)

Like This
Ah that was it thanks much better now.
Topic Starter
LittleFox
Added taiko and mania!
RemIsWaifuNr1
Hello guys,

DISCLAIMER:My englisch sucks. Anyway,here is my feedback!

First at all,it's a very clear skin which is easy to read with a loooooot of customization which is very great.
The hitsounds are meh,maybe add them in the custom folder.
The keyoverlay and scorebar are pretty decent! :)

Taiko skin is also really good. But since I'm not a taiko player I cant rate it in details. Same with Mania skin.

My result is an 8/10 because of the big customization.

Thanks for reading guys. :)

Ps.Enjoy the skin :3
m4d_h4tter
Thanks for skin <3
Love you <3
so good :)
flazenotfaze
I am so disappointed that no one realise that the Accuracy was spelled 'Accuraccy'
Fix it, please! Overall, a GREAT skin. Kudos! ;)
Topic Starter
LittleFox

flazenotfaze wrote:

I am so disapointed that no one realised that the Accuracy was spelled 'Accuraccy'
Fix it, please! Overall, a GREAT skin. Kudos! ;)
LOL, gonna fix before the next release (Krait V3)

Thanks for the feedback!
flazenotfaze
Here, I fixed it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoedgba1mewnvad/ranking-accuracy%20with%20%402x.zip?dl=0
If you already fixed it, ignore this comment ;)
Topic Starter
LittleFox
Added a WIP message in the top, sorry for the long time for the upcoming updates, but college...... :c
h3oCharles
omg this customization, feels like Redd Glass the other way
Topic Starter
LittleFox

TheMadCharles wrote:

omg this customization, feels like Redd Glass the other way
Yeah, i love how Haskarion manages the customization of its skins, i wanted to do something similar but at a bigger scale :D
ItsSurreal
extremely clean, exactly what a player wants by the customization aspect, ill use and give you my thoughts.
ItsSurreal
its not bad, spinner doesnt go well with your style, and the stars arent skinned.
h3oCharles
Ok, here comes my swarm of feedback as well... looking at v2.1 that is

- Numbers are too big for my taste
- scorebar isn't fat[?] enough for me to be distinguishable
- spinner clear is really weird, I might even call it distracting
- The colors that you picked for hitcircles are weird... desaturated
- Looking at bit more customization:
- you should give a psd file for scorebars
- that 4:3 aspect ratio is cool and all but you didn't do it for all color presets
- more reverse arrows would be nice to see
- If we are talking color presets, I saw in skin.ini there's are purple colors... guessing it's for Purple set? If so, you should do this to every color
- Maybe more typefaces?
- pause-loop.wav - you should make this sound blank IMO
- And I'm not sure if you saw it yet, I highly recommend THIS SPREADSHEET
Topic Starter
LittleFox
I didnt realized at all that this got a page 2 xD

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, heres what i have for you:

ItsSurreal wrote:

its not bad, spinner doesnt go well with your style, and the stars arent skinned.
Originally the Spinner was the perfect touch for the skin, but since the skin has changed a lot with time, i should definitely give it a new touch, and with the skin concept i have, it should have many variants for you to choose... Also the stars will have their own design when i figure out the global bg of the skin.

h3oCharles wrote:

Ok, here comes my swarm of feedback as well... looking at v2.1 that is I recommend to check the last update wich is in the first parragraf of the post <3

- Numbers are too big for my taste

Made them smaller for the V3 WIP. This is also a matter of tastes.

- scorebar isn't fat[?] enough for me to be distinguishable

I made it thinner in purpose, the original size was considerably wider. Anyways i might add this in future versions.

- spinner clear is really weird, I might even call it distracting

Some love it, some hate it, as mentioned above, will change it.

- The colors that you picked for hitcircles are weird... desaturated

If you watched the screenshots, the pallette isnt defined, it is meant to be choosen by the player, but havent found a way to make that "easy to pick" yet. Almos 1/3 of the ones that have tested the skin didnt even realized that is customizable, so what i plan is to make a folder with organized customizations plus a separated link for my own presets (for those who are too lazy to do it themselves or dont know how)

Oh also, in the V3 WIP, the colors changed. Just to mention that for every release i change the main combo colors to "show" whats new on them. Dont count with the "Preset" name in the skin.ini, that isnt final and will be managed in different form.

- Looking at bit more customization:

- you should give a psd file for scorebars I wont give any .psd , If people request a mod, i might add it, but for example, the whole main menu is contained in just 1 psd file. More scorebar styles? You got it.
- that 4:3 aspect ratio is cool and all but you didn't do it for all color presets This is going to be added.
- more reverse arrows would be nice to see You got it
- If we are talking color presets, I saw in skin.ini there's are purple colors... guessing it's for Purple set? If so, you should do this to every color Already mentioned that there will be many color palletes to choose... and by many, i mean, many. (Each preset folder has its respective skin.ini with its respective color picks which btw, some arent in the main skin.ini. This will change)
- Maybe more typefaces? i do promess this skin will have many fonts (not that many, the font stuff is slow) and size variations
- pause-loop.wav - you should make this sound blank IMO It is... (Unless you mean total 0kb file)
- And I'm not sure if you saw it yet, I highly recommend THIS SPREADSHEET Thanks for this, i was using the wiki page for this.
As last message, please, wait, this will take time, this skin has already been a WIP for months, more than you think, but now im dealing with university stuff and works, so i promess some updates for the end of june which is were my vacation period starts.

Thanks a lot to h3oCharles for the feedback!

Also, i repeat, there is a lot of stuff coming on, not just for standard, but for mania, taiko, and the upcoming CTB skin.

Be seen ya!
h3oCharles
aee freakin' finally xD

by getting the psd file I meant to replace the Krait text to a nickname... and put a flag maybe?
I'll be waiting patiently m8 :D

EDIT1: If you say that the player should be deeply customizing it, you should feature that with some big bold text on 1st post or sth like that IMO
show more