Very nice Expert diff! The sliders shapes at the begining looks quite repetitive, but otherwise, there is a solid work with the SV! I really like the Expert oneI will thank you -3-
Hope you'll push it into ranked state
-hitsounds at the intro, plz There are finishes on the big sweepy white noise impacts. I think adding more would be overdoing it.
-00:24:747 (2) - the whole combo feels like unified(? except for this object, it goes nowhere with the flow or structure. kinda ugly example http://puu.sh/wImyx/5d57523344.jpg but you get the idea xd Doesn't create the movement I want. It's fine how it is for me.
-would be cool if 00:44:631 (1,1,1,1) - were spaced increasingly more as the pitch increases as well Uhh the pitches are the same? Both for the vocals and the drums.
-00:57:538 (1,1) - you do a lot of 1/2 when there's a hold except on these spots, sounds kinda awkward to me.. 1/2 would be better and even a triple on the second one like you do on others places like 01:03:817 (1,2,1) - or more similar 01:14:980 (1,2,1) - They're 2 different rhythms with 2 very different sounds.
-01:10:358 - looks like you forgot to add a note, otherwise it's a weird pause by how you map the whole kiai uhmm Nope. The sound on the blue tick is just a part of the wub on the red 01:10:271 (3) - I don't deem the modulation prominent enough to require being actively mapped. And the pause works nicely to put more emphasis on the burst into chaos from 01:10:445 (4) -
-01:11:491 (1,2,3,4,1) - vs 01:17:073 (1,2,3,4,1) - could you not use the same angle? xd Sure
-01:19:166 - slowing down from 2x to 1x doesnt feel too nice, consider using 1.5 on this slider maybe so the next one is easier to catch It's not meant to feel nice. The sound on that slider's really grainy and low in pitch compared to everything else and has a resistive quality to it which i express through the slow slider of which resists the players movement and momentum.
-01:24:224 (1,1) - may as well blanket these and with 01:25:096 (2) - aswell, but that's just me probably heh ye
-didnt like these two 01:19:864 (2,1) - 01:41:840 (3,4,5) - as the end section is rather slow, you make these 'jumps' when nothing happens uh I'm trying to express the punch on the kick drum 01:42:189 - and you did make me realize 01:20:212 (3) - that's meant to land on a 1/3
-00:25:096 (5) - add nc?
-00:44:631 (4) - nc for the rhythm change?
-not sure if you havent done the real normal but this is more like an easy. or if you were afraid of the normal as the lowest diff, you should still use some 1/2 from now and then. for instance here 01:24:747 (2,3) - could've been https://puu.sh/wInMR/9d4a822148.jpg simple rhythm but still adds difficulty Yeah I'm aware of the diff spread issues. I've done normals before but doing one for this song was new for me. I'm in the process of remapping it and it seems to be comming along good so far. Soz should have mentioned that in the post.
from my q (m4m)
sorry for delay
I'm not good at English seriously so I may have said nonsense.
- Unused hitsounds:
drum-hitwhistle2.wav Idk why that's there
- I think Apple's difficulty is overall more difficult and cool than Diablo difficulty cuz apple's diff is more creative, structured and some other reasons. this is fatal because Diablo diff is the highest difficulty. this is not something I want to despise, but I think it's real. I don't know what to say to that other than it's not. lol
- 01:29:282 - ~ 01:31:898 - This part is pretty easy when compared to other(01:23:701 - etc etc) parts. ok I know, there is some reason for that. I mean that's just a matter of degree. Yeah that's cause you don't have the cow bell sounds 01:25:271 (1) - in the second part.
- 00:24:398 - How about using slower sv here? (a sense of speed? I don't know how to express this word in English. D; The point is to give more power to this 00:24:747 (2) - slider.) Nope I don't think that's appropriate.
- 00:46:724 (1,2) - Change these sliders to 3/4 and mute the sliderends. I think this is a way to express vocals more exactly. I don't see how that does.
- 01:11:491 (1,2,3,4,1) - etc, These things are very strange to me. I don't really know the intent of this. To put emphasis on 01:11:840 (1) -
- 01:43:236 - Add sth Nah. I like the way the score screen comes up just as that sound occurs.
- 00:13:933 - Can you change this place to clickable?
- 01:25:096 - I think you can add a note here
Did you even make sure the diffs were up to date before you modded? I'm remapping this.
that's all from me
neat mapset as always, good luck
Mod from queue
00:23:701 (1,2,3,4) - hmmmmm. I don't think that spacing is the way to go here, and different sliders and such. Since the oiii is repeated like 4 times, I would expect something like this 01:23:701 (1,1,1,1) - That kind of movement is completely inappropriate here.
00:50:910 (3,1) - okay so basically i'm a little bit against these huge ass jumps. It is still 1/4 after a note, and the SV on kickslider is already extreme as it is. Nor do I find a reason to have this 00:51:084 (1) - so emphasized, when its not really a special sound. It's really not a 1/4 cause of slider leniency. And the point of the spacing is to create a lot of momentum before the triple so there's a lot of deceleration on those notes. It works nicely with the grainyness of the wubs.
00:56:666 (1,2,3) - ^
01:13:236 (1,1,4,1) - this is the spacing i recommend maybe a bit higher. What?
00:51:608 (1) - to make them look different from usual 1/4 straight sliders, as a form of differentiation and putting some ideas into the players where' they currently are in the song, I suggest making all of these sounds like you did 00:53:003 (1) - 00:50:212 (1) - There's literally no logic to my aesthetics. Everything's designed around movement and the aesthetics are just there to make stuff look nice. So for that reason I don't see a reason to try and put logic in now. If you do then you're creating inconsistencies because well some parts will follow a logic and others wont. If nothing follows anything then there's no inconsistencies.
01:10:096 (3,4) - don't you think that this spacing is too low for 1/2 timing after a slider? Nope. The sounds at the beginning are a bit mute.
01:18:468 (1,2) - way too big spacing out of nowhere tbh, compare it to this 01:12:887 (1,2) - Notice how the pitch on the second pair is much higher. Higher pitch usually gives a sense of speed which I'm trying to recreate in the sliders.
Also adding it now, but it seems that spacing is a bit inconsistent 00:56:143 (1,2,3) - for example you give big spacing from 1 to 2, but small spacing from 2 to 3 01:07:305 (1,2,3) - here it is completely opposite 00:50:561 (1,2,3) - here it's essentially all the same. So I recommend planning it a bit more, the most logic solution is to give (3) always the biggest jump or something as it contains a clap. Kick sliders aren't followed completely followed through in gameplay so it's more important to look at the spacing between head to head than spacing from tail to head. Do that and you'll see the logic.
Hello, my 'biggest roast' from my queue
Still, these are minor things cuz this map is awesome
- 00:50:910 (3,1) - Spacing here is a bit too big - its x5,27. Make it smaller just as you did in 00:56:491 (3,1) - or 01:07:654 (3,1) - its the same thing and there is x4,50. Sure
- You can adjust spacing here 00:54:747 (1,2,3,4,5) - to x0,30 as you did previously with short streams and sliders. Oh yeah that first one's off a tiny bit.
- 01:30:241 (3,1) - Stack it as you did previously K
- 01:43:236 - What about this sound on blue line? Circle with strong hitsound like this should work here. Not putting the note there deliberately cause I like the way the score screen comes up on that impact.
Aaaand thats all i could find after 2 hours of watching this. GL!
hi there on request and i kinda blackmailed him into modding something else of mine haHAA
- Consider using soft sampleset for the intro 00:02:771 - 00:22:654 - , using normal sampleset overshadows the actual sounds being followed and soft just fits with the lack of substance the song has there better for me. There's also a lack of hitsounding for the intro as well, no whistles/drums or anything. There are things in the song you can follow and I would recommend giving that a shot Done
- sheela's diff has inconsistent tags, check those out Thought I fixed those. Think sheela isn't redling his diffs.
- Consider renaming Normal to Easy and Advanced to Normal (mainly cuz I hate "Advanced"s and the density increase is appropriate for Easy/Normal) Fine
- 00:58:584 (1) - Ideally all borders of a slider should be visible on low diffs. Would recommend something like this to be safe. Well that's just gay
Custom diffname where? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- 00:44:544 (8,1) - This spacing may be a bit excessive, especially since the slider doesn't appear until 00:44:195 (4) - where the stream is nearly over so it could be unexpected. Coupled with the low spacing of the stream overall having a jump like that takes a real toll on the player. Perhaps spacing like this may be less harsh but still appropriate? Ok. You could probably do with just giving a DS value rather than me having to guess through counting the boxes on a screenshot lol
Something personal but slightly offputting is the lack of any unique sliders in this diff other than 01:18:468 (1,2) - which are used twice. It's a wub song! Super weird sliders would fit really well imo and perhaps you should try to use some? If not it's.. okay I guess, but kinda disappointing that's all. All of my slider shape decisions are based completely off of movement. I value movement more than making something that's trying to be a certain kind of map because movement's physical, it's something you feel and can make something as uncreative as this when it comes to slider shapes a lot more engaging to play. Those condensed circle shaped ones play more like regular circles but that you'd have to hold as opposed to regular kick sliders which have the property of changing the direction of momentum in play. This created the effect I wanted for the pitch changes in the wubs so I used them. I don't and never will do super weird shit for the sake of being super weird. Being more complex with movement is a more convenient when the elements your working with are simple. It's like trying to construct a building with bricks that have simple manageable shapes that fit together vs trying to construct a building with each brick being a work of construction on it's own. Granted if there is more complex wubs that require me to use weirder designs then I will but for me personally this song doesn't have those. (Stuff I'd do more weird shit on for context)
Call me back!!
i'm not really sure what you mean with double-repeat? its just a 1/3 reverse and i dont really see anything overlapping the arrow or smthissue is it's more than one reverse unlike 00:57:189 (1) - is that one doesn't really need to be moved, but 00:58:584 (1) - has the second reverse 00:58:817 - for like a split-second and could be unexpected to read. 00:57:189 (1) - is also nc'd so your point about that is kinda moot but uh yeah i would recommend not relying on a splitsecond for readability
also all my pattern like this had stack before (even other 1/3 at 00:57:189 (1) - ) so i dont think theres any reading problem here tbh
the approach circle of (1) + nc pattern should hint the longer reverse very easily already
osu file format v14
Tags:dnb d&b drum n and & bass electronic instrumental edm idm inspected glados ep sheela appleeaterx
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
Combo1 : 206,172,121
Combo2 : 103,143,101
Combo3 : 95,147,177
Combo4 : 172,94,115