forum

Dealing with cold fingers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Haze-
my fingers are always cold as hell when playing osu! which makes the game hard for me to play.
any idea how to deal with it? i serously dunno how...
seungzii
Sometimes I sit on my hands but that usually doesn't do anything or I just google "how to warm up your fingers"

I'm not the most helpful person obviously :cry: :cry:
Sandy Hoey
hand warmers are a heavenly invention
7ambda
have a heart
fajar13k
"Always"

Have you warm up before clicking those circles? if still, it could be the temperature around you. If it's still not working, consider yourself to prepare a warm water everytime you want to play and then warm up for at least 30 minutes.
seungzii

Sandy Hoey wrote:

hand warmers are a heavenly invention

very true, even when i come out a warm shower i have cold hands
Edgar_Figaro
Often when I find my hands getting cold while playing I'll just go and run them under warm water for a minute. Does wonders for my playing ability.
rekhichem
usually I put my hands in hot water and then just warm up for a long time with low bpm maps
dung eater
do squats and shadowboxing
CXu
Set your hand on fire.
Railey2
Thermal conduction is the transfer of heat (internal energy) by microscopic collisions of particles and movement of electrons within a body. The microscopically colliding objects, that include molecules, atoms, and electrons, transfer disorganized microscopic kinetic and potential energy, jointly known as internal energy. Conduction takes place in all phases of matter, such as solids, liquids, gases and plasmas. The rate at which energy is conducted as heat between two bodies is a function of the temperature difference (temperature gradient) between the two bodies and the properties of the conductive medium through which the heat is transferred. Thermal conduction was originally called diffusion.

Heat spontaneously flows from a hotter to a colder body. For example, heat is conducted from the hotplate of an electric stove to the bottom of a saucepan in contact with it. In the absence of an external driving energy source to the contrary, within a body or between bodies, temperature differences decay over time, and thermal equilibrium is approached, temperature becoming more uniform.

In conduction, the heat flow is within and through the body itself. In contrast, in heat transfer by thermal radiation, the transfer is often between bodies, which may be separated spatially. Also possible is transfer of heat by a combination of conduction and thermal radiation. In convection, internal energy is carried between bodies by a moving material carrier. In solids, conduction is mediated by the combination of vibrations and collisions of molecules, of propagation and collisions of phonons, and of diffusion and collisions of free electrons. In gases and liquids, conduction is due to the collisions and diffusion of molecules during their random motion. Photons in this context do not collide with one another, and so heat transport by electromagnetic radiation is conceptually distinct from heat conduction by microscopic diffusion and collisions of material particles and phonons. But the distinction is often not easily observed, unless the material is semi-transparent.

In the engineering sciences, heat transfer includes the processes of thermal radiation, convection, and sometimes mass transfer. Usually, more than one of these processes occurs in a given situation. The conventional symbol for the material property, thermal conductivity, is k {\displaystyle k} k.

according to that, you should probably put your hand close to something warm if you want it to be warm.
Ronja
take a break
Fxjlk
Burn fossil fuels to increase global warming.
Luqanted
wait for summer
Nakano-

CXu wrote:

Set your hand on fire.
Aceyda
I usually turn up the heat in my room or just put on a jacket. Warming up with stream and jump maps also makes your hands warmer
seungzii

rekhichem wrote:

usually I put my hands in hot water and then just warm up for a long time with low bpm maps
that actually sounds really painful
Sandy Hoey
Im sure he doesn't mean scalding hot or boiling water. Just warm water
Endie-
hot water and 140 bpm streams usually do the trick. You might want to increase the temperature in your room as well
Meah
Turn on heater or live in any tropical countries
mulraf
heater is the only good long-term solution hands down. mine sucks tho and i won't buy a new heater just so that my hands aren't cold when playing osu!
usually i sit on my hands too xD
My Angel Raphi
suck on them
x incoming
I use a blow heater spaced about 1m pointing to my keyboard, warms my hands up real nice
Topic Starter
-Haze-

Nakano- wrote:

CXu wrote:

Set your hand on fire.
thx
Topic Starter
-Haze-

CXu wrote:

Set your hand on fire.
WAIT WAISDJASIODM
WHAT THE FUCK HI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrTsW8Z_cZA
YOU'RE POPULAR OMG
_handholding
Move to Austrailia, it's really warm there this time of year
Rurree

Kisses wrote:

Move to Austrailia, it's really warm there this time of year
dude what's up with australia all of a sudden
seungzii

ozholic wrote:

suck on them
kinky
goink
You kidding me? The room I'm in can be like 65degrees and I'll still sweat while playing. I want cold fingers
Sayorie
I watched Dr. Levi's stream for osu! this morning and he gave a very good tip:

Dip your hand in warm water for a few minutes. The warm heat decreases the viscosity of the synovial fluids in your joints, helping your joints to be more flexible and move easier.