forum

aquabluu's Taiko Maps (Taiko Trials Five)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Coro
We have the latest version of Bishi Bashi, THE*BISHI BASHI. It has e-amusement support. And pop'n characters as avatars.

There's a minigame where you play as random photographers working for bemani and you have to spam photos of the beatmania girls. 8D
Zekira
There's a minigame where you play as random photographers working for bemani and you have to spam photos of the beatmania girls. 8D
FUCK YES I'VE SEEN THAT SOMEWHERE TOO. Now I wanna play again, I'm so left out. I never catched on the trend anymore since arcades here in the PH never update their shit save for a few.

There's actually a variation of that mini-game in the early games, IIRC
Zekira
@CQ: this one?

I only got to play until Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ so I wouldn't know anymore :<

EDIT: Wait a minute what the fuck, looking at the related videos of this vid... there's this video to the right where the famed Poongko is playing this game lol. Cue the Street Fighter reaction jokes in the comments.

EDI2: Oh god you have no idea how spazztastic seeing this shot was

EDIT3: Oh god the mashing pose... so perfect... just perfect...! ♥

Man I gotta stop watching these vids, I think I feel my jelly growing thicker...

EDIT4: ERGH WHAT This game has Guide Dang It material? Seriously?
AxelHino
Question: Are hyper 3B charts playable in Portable 1?
Zekira
I don't know which versions have 3B, but no. Portable 1 and 2 only have the 5, 7, and 9 button play.

...I heard somoene mention that there was a PnM version with ONE BUTTON PLAY. WHAT???????
Zekira

04:09 'spot' the fffff
...now I wanna see a Vanessa portrait in that mini-game...
crystalsuicune

Zekira wrote:

I don't know which versions have 3B, but no. Portable 1 and 2 only have the 5, 7, and 9 button play.

...I heard somoene mention that there was a PnM version with ONE BUTTON PLAY. WHAT???????
You mean Utacchi right?It IS a spinoff of PnM

Gotta say it again,
One button mode+arrange mode (converts all notes into the basic tap notes)=Taiko muzukashoi
anongos
BISHI BASHI has garnered more than enough interest in me now.
You say it was in Timezone? In Glorietta? Funny I never saw it there while I was in the PH.
Although the only Timezone I have been to is in Glorietta. IDK if there are others.
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Ah lol I've had a lot of experience with Bishi Bashi as a kid, I have all three PS1 versions too, with all the insane stuff Zekira mentioned last page. Haven't tried the Pop'n microgame yet, but there is a e-amusement compatible Bishi Bashi in the arcade near me, I might go try it soon for the lulz :P

crystalsuicune wrote:

Zekira wrote:

You mean Utacchi right?It IS a spinoff of PnM

Gotta say it again,
One button mode+arrange mode (converts all notes into the basic tap notes)=Taiko muzukashoi
Coincidentally I was browsing through Utacchi's songlist and

FUCK YEAH
crystalsuicune
That game could do with moar Konmai Originals and less license stuff.
And it needs moar characters.Many moar.
For instance,Y U NO HAVE MZD
AxelHino

Zekira wrote:

It's the battle mode in Portable 1, gotta say it's pretty fun. But the notecharts doesn't really reach the top levels. So sometimes it's kinda boring.
Topic Starter
aquabluu

crystalsuicune wrote:

That game could do with moar Konmai Originals and less license stuff.
And it needs moar characters.Many moar.
For instance,Y U NO HAVE MZD
Yeah there's only like 13 Konami Originals. But I don't mind, B-kun song makes it worth for me lol
AxelHino
Who's B-kun?
Lokamp
Wan't that B-shaped character? I wonder what song it has, the only time I saw it was for a song not belonged by that guy lol

...and talking about this, why PnM 19 allows to play songs facing characters un-paired with their songs? (example= Ninja Metal played against Moffy instead of Yoshio)
AxelHino
^Battle Mode?
Topic Starter
aquabluu
Yeah he's the B-shaped character. The mascot for the Bemani Expo. This is his song, from PnM14.

crystalsuicune
IDK,is that in normal gameplay or in other modes?

EDIT: Derp Axelhino ninja'd me
Lokamp

crystalsuicune wrote:

IDK,is that in normal gameplay or in other modes?

EDIT: Derp Axelhino ninja'd me
I swear it was regular 9-button play! Here are some proofs on Youtube:

Unless Grand Hammer got sold, the presence of Blind Justice's sisters is unjustified lol

This was quite disappointing. I wanna see that afro guy in the banner lol

Uàa! Uàa! Baby Lokamp wants explanations!
And someone fetch me a nipple.
Coro
Q: How do you specify the title of a spoilerbox?
anongos
Use a box instead of a spoilerbox:
[ box="insert title here"] [/box]
roleykatsu

Nazo wrote:

I just want to say that the taiko drum image seems to have... shifted. The don/kat flashes are a bit off-pixel (i didn't know how to word this properly). Mind trying to fix that? x3;
Yeah, I noticed that when I balanced out the edges of the taiko drum on all sides the drum seemed like it shifted. It didn't actually move, just the less orange-coloured space between the edge of the image and the drum seemed like it did.

Anyway, here's your fix :3

If you need the other 2 taiko-bar images, here's a new download pack which includes the taiko drum image fix: http://up.ppy.sh/files/taikobarimagefix1.01.zip

Edit: Changed the link of the download to the correct zip, the zip previously uploaded was missing a file
AxelHino

Lokamp wrote:

Hey, craz, Lokamp is calling you.
crystalsuicune

AxelHino wrote:

Lokamp wrote:

Hey, craz, Lokamp is calling you.
YGOTAS reference,dawg
anongos
YGOTAS is fucking awesome.
And is it just me, or is PnM's learning curve much easier than IIDX's?
Topic Starter
aquabluu

anongos wrote:

*stares blankly at all the shit I can't pass*

Erm......it's just you I haven't played IIDX so I don't know lol
Zekira
Try playing at an arcade and experience how horribly wrong you are. Contrary to what I believed before, playing in the PSP is NOT harder than the AC.
Coro
big colourful buttons that you cannot spread your fingers across individually to cover all 9...
yeah, definitely harder than IIDX.
anongos

Zekira wrote:

Try playing at an arcade and experience how horribly wrong you are. Contrary to what I believed before, playing in the PSP is NOT harder than the AC.
I was talking exclusively about PnM on the PSP, as there is no possible way for me to play on the arcade (at least not in the near future, I'm eyeing a DJDao as a controller, but those are pretty expensive).

I can see why playing with the actual PnM control scheme would be way more difficult, just like how playing taiko on the AC/tatacon is much harder than a controller.
Lokamp
It's just how it's possible to approach with the first songs! Once you've acquired the right "mental scheme", it will be possible to co-ordinate the thumbs's movements, after a month or two.

However anongos, you have better to check the User War's progress; it may be quite interesting for you... Also remember to steal some WMs with the market xD
anongos
After a month or two? I've only been playing for two days. lol
Granted I'm only on 25s or so, but my progress on PnM is MUCH FASTER than on IIDX.

What do you want me to do on the UWW anyway? I'm confused.
Lokamp
My fault, you have already attacked and I didn't noticed that lol

Your attack against toadfan will be doubled, if all goes good :3
Zekira
Granted I'm only on 25s or so, but my progress on PnM is MUCH FASTER than on IIDX.
That's because you played IIDX already. Remember how I said I started playing 5s straight up on IIDX because I have PnM experience? It works the same vice versa
Zekira
On anohter note

Holy shit why don't I see this used as a meme more often

I'm not telling you guys who don't know what it is, GO WATCH THE FREAKING VIDEO EVEN IF YOU DON'T PLAY THIS GAME (I'm serious)
crystalsuicune
Mfw I can recognize it as that epic ragequit vid even though I have never watched the latter
Coro
So i was trying to get a top rank on a osu chart
But my last few hours were in futility T_T
even after spamming taiko with flashlight/hard rock on

closest i got was on this map where I'm tied with 4 other people for top score.

I'm sad.

EDIT: Ragequit by exit stage left window. Maybe I should try that.
Oh wait there aren't any windows in my arcade.
I'll settle for fainting on the Taiko then.

EDIT 2: I just realised why I can't get top rank for any map. On low difficulties, the top scorers are the ones who hit the drumrolls the fastest (something I can't do due to my keyboard being a fag and keyblocking if I go too fast.) On high difficulties, no way I can match up to the impossible skills of my good friends in this thread (and other profags.)
Zekira
Uh, the drumrolls are restricted in osu!Taiko in that you can't mash your way out of it; you have to hit it on-beat (usually by 1/4s. 1/16 if you're using actual musical terms)
Coro
yeah I know about that, but some drumrolls have very fast timing, so that's where I get outmashed (my keyboard is sad.)
Even the slower ones I may drop a hit or two, which is around 300 each...
Yuzeyun

sup crystal

(just throwing this here)
crystalsuicune
Seriously man you think you can summon me in here simply by mentioning 573?
I'm not -that- easy to manipul-

Wait a minute.
OzzyOzrock
HEY WE SHOULD ALL PLAY TF2

sup crystal tf2 reference
show more