forum

Would it be a bad idea for me to play hidden already?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Holm
Hey guys. I've been playing osu actively for 2-3 months now, and can play 4 star maps pretty comfortably. I was messing around with some mods, and I realized that I was having a lot more fun playing maps with the hidden mod on, than without it. I do a lot worse on maps with hidden on, obviously. But I was still having a lot of fun, more fun than what I had with no mods on.

I've heard a lot of people say that playing with mods is a bad idea unless you're an experienced player (Which I'm definetely not: Rank 149k) - So my question is: Would it be a bad idea for me to play with mods (Hidden in particular) Untill I'm more experienced in osu?
PinkNightmares
Balance in all things.
Luqanted
anything is fine as long as you get better imo
im a fancy lad
I mean the point of a game is to have fun so if you're having more fun playing HD, by all means go for it

If you really want to improve, just make sure that you're still challenging yourself with the technical aspect of the map while playing with HD. If you want to be a HD player, use hidden on maps that you're struggling on nomod as well.
Topic Starter
Holm
Thanks for all the replies. Greaty appreciated :)
[Haku]
I would say that HD is the only mods that is good to play at any rank.
Kiritsugu_old_1
Don't think it'll matter too much. Go for it.
Infinity-
I don't think play with Hidden mod its a problem. Its good to give a new difficulty level.
Kao
I played HD in my first week, everyday, every play.
Now it's a free mod, a free multiplier and actually helps me increase accuracy.

The only disadvantage is I can't play without HD (is that a real disadvantage though?)
rekhichem
the unseen notes are the deadliest
KupcaH

Kao wrote:

The only disadvantage is I can't play without HD (is that a real disadvantage though?)
Only HDDT and HDDTHR plays, lul.
[Haku]

Kao wrote:

I can't play without HD and I can tell that it's a disadvantage for two things. In tournaments when you have to play without it most of the time and on long stream map where it will be way harder to learn to aim stream
Nattsun

KupcaH wrote:

Kao wrote:

Only HDDT and HDDTHR plays, lul.
A true farmer lmao.