forum

Click on Key up?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy
Is it possible right now to make osu! register a click not only when you press the key down, but also on when you release the key?

Am I the only one who thinks this feature would be neat?

For example I injured my "z" finger and couldn't do double tapping... and while single tapped on streams I though it would be awesome if osu! would register a click also when I release the "x" key. You would hold the key down/up until you need it to click.

Also that would allow players to double the click count per second with double tapping and clicks on key down and key up.
AsyouSaidsir
That'll take the rhythm aspect out of the game since you "click" on the beat, not release. Releasing is a slider's job.
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

AsyouSaidsir wrote:

That'll take the rhythm aspect out of the game since you "click" on the beat, not release. Releasing is a slider's job.
Well I haven't thought about sliders, that would make sense, because release event would be gone.... But when slider ends I don't actually need to release the key.. I can continue to hold it right ?

I could try this with AHK however:

1. Manipulation or alteration of the client such as score hacking, macroing, affecting the timescale on which the client operates, auto-aim, and anything that generally removes the human element from play is considered cheating. If you have to ask if something is considered cheating, and you have to use an external program to achieve that effect, it probably is.
From Wiki

So I can't
AsyouSaidsir
Yes, you can keep on holding, but what if there were multiple sliders in a row? If a slider comes up and you are holding the X button, you'll have to release the X to count as a click, but then you won't be able to follow the slider.

Not only that. Mappers make a map based on the fact that the player should click on strong beats. If the player could release the key on strong beats then that will ruin the sense of rhythm in a song, and it'll go against what most of the current maps are built upon. There will be no difference between two circles or a slider, it's like turning full-screen jumps into long sliders, and streaming will be just like 1/4th sliders but worse.
Topic Starter
SlowLogicBoy

AsyouSaidsir wrote:

Yes, you can keep on holding, but what if there were multiple sliders in a row? If a slider comes up and you are holding the X button, you'll have to release the X to count as a click, but then you won't be able to follow the slider.

Not only that. Mappers make a map based on the fact that the player should click on strong beats. If the player could release the key on strong beats then that will ruin the sense of rhythm in a song, and it'll go against what most of the current maps are built upon. There will be no difference between two circles or a slider, it's like turning full-screen jumps into long sliders, and streaming will be just like 1/4th sliders.
Your points make sense. Thanks for replying ^^.
AsyouSaidsir
No problem. Good luck with the game! ;)