forum

/away reminder

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
show more
Nathanael
Not a bad idea. Some people do forget that they used the /away command.
Or at least autocancel /away when they type as a sign of being back active.
Nitrous

Nathanael wrote:

Not a bad idea. Some people do forget that they used the /away command.
I agree on the concept but Nathanael's latter suggestion seems better.
o x

Nathanael wrote:

I wouldnt really like because many times when I set my away status I get a messaged pretty quickly after it and I just reply to the user before leaving it would kinda get tedious to constantly have to set the away message again and again.
Luqanted
yeah Nath's idea is better. I'd support to any of you both lol

many people tend to tend to remove the /away command, including me so this would probably a good idea :V
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Cawub wrote:

Nathanael wrote:

I wouldnt really like because many times when I set my away status I get a messaged pretty quickly after it and I just reply to the user before leaving it would kinda get tedious to constantly have to set the away message again and again.
I agree! but Nathanael's suggestion is also okay.
CrimsonClaw
I'm pretty oblivious in that matter, too. I support!

Nathanael wrote:

I support this too but because of what Cawub said, I would recommend a timer (or sleep, if you want) for it to be triggered.

-> So if you're /away and instantly reply to someone, your /away is not being deleted; it is still there.
But if you msg someone 5 minutes after you set your /away, it vanishes automatically.

Furthermore, I like the idea in general! Good luck!
Topic Starter
Lyawi
thanks =w=
riffy
I use /away as auto-responder to people requesting mods. Auto canceller would be pretty uncomfortable for me.
Aurele
I'm seconding Cawub and Bakari. Lyawi's suggestion seems more useful for this case!
Pawsu

Gabe wrote:

I'm seconding Cawub and Bakari. Lyawi's suggestion seems more useful for this case!
Seijiro

Bakari wrote:

I use /away as auto-responder to people requesting mods. Auto canceller would be pretty uncomfortable for me.
Well, maybe not always for mods, but in general I use the /away as an auto-message to anyone PM-ing me.
If I know I have to go away more than 5 minutes I directly make my pc sleep, otherwise I don't even set it to begin with.

If it ever gets implemented I prefer it to be skinnable (not with the normal HL sound, since that would make less sense to me) (yes, I thought that making it play a sound would help too) or add a toggle for it
Luddy
Like this idea, and I don't think it would be very hard to implement lol. But yeah, I think that your away status should be removed when you begin typing again into osu or play a song, it would just make sense but people would probably get mad over it and have to /away again.
Adorn

Pawsu wrote:

Gabe wrote:

Topic Starter
Lyawi

Ludd wrote:

Like this idea, and I don't think it would be very hard to implement lol. But yeah, I think that your away status should be removed when you begin typing again into osu or play a song, it would just make sense but people would probably get mad over it and have to /away again.
That's why I would like to see it with the notification. ;) Thanks!
Nathanael
The /away command is meant to be used to notify people that a user is away.
Setting your status as afk or while doing something ingame doesn't make sense either.

Also implementing a reminder like that while a user just using it for automessaging (active status) can be also annoying.
o x

Nathanael wrote:

Setting your status as afk or while doing something ingame doesn't make sense either.
I often forget that I have myself set as away so when I come back people start messaging me they think that I am gone. It isn't harmful in anyway, sure some people might find it annoying if they use it for automessaging but that's their own problem for using the /away function as a way to set auto messages.
deadbeat

Nathanael wrote:

i actually use it sometimes if i just don't want to talk to people

/away not in a good mood. don't talk to me

something like that. it does have it's uses outside of I'M NOT ACTUALLY HERE
Edgar_Figaro
Simple solution for implementation that would make everyone happy, have 3 different options for away status in the options.

1. Auto-cancel when no longer away
2. No automatic cancellation with notification
3. No automatic cancellation no notification
Nathanael

deadbeat wrote:

i actually use it sometimes if i just don't want to talk to people

/away not in a good mood. don't talk to me

something like that. it does have it's uses outside of I'M NOT ACTUALLY HERE
Well then. Going back to the original request, which is the reminder or notification.
Also implementing a reminder like that while a user just using it for automessaging (active status) can be also annoying.
Topic Starter
Lyawi
Thanks

Nathanael wrote:

That's.. a good point, yep. But because the notification would appear after a few seconds/minutes (I really prefer minutes then), it wouldn't appear constantly. Or it just appears only 1-3 times or something like that. Hope someone else knows a better idea so that this isn't annoying so much. >_>
Thize
Make the reminder pop up after the player interacted with something in the game. For example: starting a beatmap or writing a message.
Shinwoir
Very nice idea!
Topic Starter
Lyawi

Akioru wrote:

Very nice idea!
:3