forum

How do some people play without missing notes.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Baro-san
Here are my settings:
2500 DPI , the mouse also has weights and they cannot be removed.
1920x1080 Screen Resolution.
Windows Accuracy 7/11, Improve Mouse Accuracy turned off.
Osu! sensitivity is at 1.30 and Raw Input turned on.

I am trying right now to do the 3-4 stars maps without missing notes, but I always end up missing one or two, I cannot find a comfortable position to hold the mouse when I play Osu! when I play fast maps and I thought maybe I should increase sensitivity but I would lose accuracy because of that, and I also read on forums that most people keep their Osu! at 1.00, and at even lower DPIs, I barely reach the edges of the screen with 2500 DPI, I played for quite some time and I feel like my accuracy doesn't improve, but I try, so I wanna make sure my settings are right so I learn good habits. Also, am I the only one that doesn't lift his hand when doing stuff like playing Osu!, writing, drawing etc? This limits my range but I have 0 accuracy if I lift it. I wanna know if this is normal.
o x
Please note that General Discussion is for non-osu related topics only. If you want to talk about gameplay post in Gameplay & Rankings.
Don't make a new post a moderator will move this to the correct spot!
ReptilianD
Hmmm how do i say this umm ah play more?
clover
They click the circles.

To the beat.
Pawsu
Moved to G&R
Sandy Hoey
It really is just an issue of playing more. You have barely played at all and improvement will come with time. Just press on
KupcaH
They don't.
AGRX
takes more practice and dedication than you think, look at my playcount and my rank :DD hehe you think i was trying hard enough? lets farm some more pp...
Luqanted

KupcaH wrote:

They don't.
fact
Endie-
Your sensitivity is a bit high imo.
Remember to keep focus during gameplay. Take note of the position of every hitcircle and aim accordingly.
Practice consistency by playing long maps without retrying. If you miss, finish the map.

Oh, and play more :D
dung eater
you could try lowering your sensitivity

untill you really run out of space on your mousepad

then think about getting a bigger mousepad or use whatever sensitivity you want
Topic Starter
Baro-san
Until I reach the end of the mousepad? I always tried to only use the lower part of my palm as a pivot and despite reducing my range I had decent accuracy. If I am to move my hand along the whole mousepad then I'd have to lift my hand off the mousepad and lose my pivot that I always used and that would be really hard (that's why I asked if I am the only person that doesn't move the his whole arm and just the hand). Nonetheless, I will try this technique and I'll reduce the sensitivity.
Topic Starter
Baro-san

KupcaH wrote:

They don't.
lel
Seriously though, I think they do at my difficulty.
Sandy Hoey
They don't do it on their first try. If that's what you think is happening, your wrong. It takes them many tries as well
Topic Starter
Baro-san

Potet wrote:

Your sensitivity is a bit high imo.
Remember to keep focus during gameplay. Take note of the position of every hitcircle and aim accordingly.
Practice consistency by playing long maps without retrying. If you miss, finish the map.

Oh, and play more :D
When the maps were a bit slower I actually was looking ahead at the notes, I need to see them faster before I can do that again at higher speeds. And when I started 3 star map, and 4 stars now I just tried to finish the maps, regardless of grade, but a friend once told me I should try to do maps without missing notes because that increases my PP (I didn't care about PP until then).
Topic Starter
Baro-san

Sandy Hoey wrote:

They don't do it on their first try. If that's what you think is happening, your wrong. It takes them many tries as well
This does make me feel better. I guess my self esteem gets pumped when I hear others fail as well :?
Kao
In my first day. 800 retries on My Love (Normal) until I FCed it.
On my first play. Obsessed and 500 combo achievement.

So yes, it should be play more.

Apparently right now on fast maps I alternate, which is a huge help.
Example in here https://streamable.com/b0rh

Also it helps me as seen from the video to have a small cursor (0.60)
Since I was 4 I've been using the computer, and I've been using the a standard 800dpi mouse with Windows acceleration turned on, sensitivity at the middle. It is what at I'm used to until now.

For 6 months into osu! I've used 1.00x sensitivity without raw input and windows acceleration turned on. Never had problems with it

You'll also see I have little Insane maps played, it's because my aim actually sucks. But I've always replayed hundreds of times with DT instead of HR. I've played and played, but I felt my tap was really slow.

My solution was to alternate tap. When I alternate tap, osu! Became fun again. And thus leading me to 2k pp without being challenged at all.
But don't think it was easy. I had 3 months of not moving at all, because I did a lot of training with alternate tapping.
The Gambler
Become one with the mablet
zeno61
Hmm... I only use 1.00 sensitivity whenever I use the mouse but I don't know the dpi. At first making jumps was impossible for me but after a lot of frustrating attempts I was able to jump from one corner to another at a snap. It was more of muscle memory for me but it was basically vigorous wrist swinging until you get the place of the notes right. Then you play more and more until you get used to the basic movement for jumps, along with the tap to the beat combo.

This was when I started playing early 4* maps until I completely to the tablet since my play field is wobbly and very small. Still the same practice for both.
Topic Starter
Baro-san

Kao wrote:

In my first day. 800 retries on My Love (Normal) until I FCed it.
On my first play. Obsessed and 500 combo achievement.

So yes, it should be play more.

Apparently right now on fast maps I alternate, which is a huge help.
Example in here https://streamable.com/b0rh

Also it helps me as seen from the video to have a small cursor (0.60)
Since I was 4 I've been using the computer, and I've been using the a standard 800dpi mouse with Windows acceleration turned on, sensitivity at the middle. It is what at I'm used to until now.

For 6 months into osu! I've used 1.00x sensitivity without raw input and windows acceleration turned on. Never had problems with it

You'll also see I have little Insane maps played, it's because my aim actually sucks. But I've always replayed hundreds of times with DT instead of HR. I've played and played, but I felt my tap was really slow.

My solution was to alternate tap. When I alternate tap, osu! Became fun again. And thus leading me to 2k pp without being challenged at all.
But don't think it was easy. I had 3 months of not moving at all, because I did a lot of training with alternate tapping.
I remember I used to retry My Love a shit ton of times as well to SS it. And I suppose reducing the cursor size helps because I make myself to move it closer to the circles in otder to hit them, hopefully reducing my chances to miss them. Thanks for the tips.
Topic Starter
Baro-san

The Gambler wrote:

Become one with the mablet
What's a mablet?
Rilene

mouse and tablet in one
actually, mouse and stylus
show more