forum

Cherry MX switches

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinwoir
I have the choice between Red and Brown. Which one do you recommand ?
MalcoraX
It's all preference. Personally, I've found that there's barely a difference between the two. If you tend to make a lot of typos by hitting two keys at the same time go with browns, other than that it doesn't really make a difference.
Luqanted
brown.
Endie-
The majority use reds, but this is just personal preference
Rurree
Reds if purely for osu. I prefer a mix so I'm getting a keyboard with browns in a few weeks.
Luqanted

Potet wrote:

The majority use reds, but this is just personal preference
i thought brown was more popular than reds? ;;
vinnicci
Yukitemi
imo - Browns for a tactile feedback... wich is good in a rhythm game, huh
As for lightness they are pretty much the same as reds, only a lil bit harder in the "tactile" part of pressing.
Ppl buying reds coz everybody doing that, so you better think for yourself
Topic Starter
Shinwoir

MalcoraX wrote:

It's all preference. Personally, I've found that there's barely a difference between the two. If you tend to make a lot of typos by hitting two keys at the same time go with browns, other than that it doesn't really make a difference.
I kow it's persoal preferance but I can't try them
fajar13k
I've tried almost all switches around Cherry MX family.
Reds - Less noise, Faster actuation force (means faster to register your key), Linear Switch (you won't feel anything when you're pushing it), not the best pick for typos, best for fast input.
Browns - More noisy than Reds, higher actuation force, Tactile Switch (you'll have some feels when you're pushing it), not the best for fast typers but best for users who want feels.

but i can't judge 'em which one is the best, every person has different taste. Like me i prefer Blue Switches for Rhythm Game
7ambda
If you're a speed player, go red; otherwise, go brown.
Ronja
i recommend Red
Paneiru
If you plan on only using the keyboard for osu, you might want to consider this osu keypad made by Antecer which allows you to change the mx switches however you want. From what I saw it ships with the 4 standard mx types. t/527542 I've already ordered one and it has arrived my apartment, but I unfortunately can't collect it until 8th January as I'm far away, but if you're interested I can tell you my opinions on it when I get my hands on it.
Sayorie
After switching from blues to blacks, I was able to achieve a stable 240 bpm speed which I used to struggle with blues. Being someone who bottoms out pretty hard, the rebound force of blacks are pretty helpful.
dinopwn
once you get used to one switch, you will hate it and want to try out the other.
Yukitemi

dinopwn wrote:

once you get used to one switch, you will hate it and want to try out the other.
And then, you become complete garbage at the game, until you get used to new switches? And... repeat cycle?
[Gaia]_old

Yuki Kei wrote:

dinopwn wrote:

And then, you become complete garbage at the game, until you get used to new switches? And... repeat cycle?
The final path of the cycle is when you start playing HDHRDT with Super Black switches. #1 guaranteed.
SlowLogicBoy

dinopwn wrote:

Completely agree. I have Cherry MX Blues and now getting myself noname rip off Red ones (I know I will burn) so hopefully I will like my blue ones again :).