forum

How does mania HP work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
As I see it, something like HP7+HR (9.8) is nowhere near as close to HP9 without HR. Does HR increase HP difficulty past HP10 like OD?
While we are on the subject of drain, what hp level is most similar to LR2?

Thanks.
Edgar_Figaro
HP doesn't drain in mania like it does in standard or CTB. Instead is goes up or down based on your hit judgements. 390 and rainbow 300 cause it to go up. 200 does nothing. 100 & 50 are a small decrease while a Miss is a large decrease. HR may seem to make the HP decreases seem larger but it's mainly due to that you are additionally getting worse hit judgements due to a stricter OD.

P.s. Yes HR does increase the HP number but what I meant is HP 8 because of HR or HP 8 as nomod are the same strictness.
abraker
I made a nice thread on this which can be found here
johnmedina999
To add on to what has already been said, the HP Drain Rate affects how much hp goes up when you get 300 and 300g. For example, PLANET//SHAPER has a very high HP Drain Rate at ~9, so it takes more good hits to raise it to 100% if you get a few misses. Miracle 5ympho X [4K Memory Training] has an HP Drain Rate of 10, so HP will not regenerate no matter what.
Bobbias
HP10 has HP regen. It's just extremely small. Here's an example of what HP10 looks like:
johnmedina999
Ah, yes, sorry about that.
Yuudachi-kun

Bobbias wrote:

HP10 has HP regen. It's just extremely small. Here's an example of what HP10 looks like:

Are you sure thats regen and not just very slow hp gain

Nvm I thought you meant regen was like passive if you hit no buttons
Bobbias

johnmedina999 wrote:

Ah, yes, sorry about that.
To be fair, there was a time where HP10 had no life regen at all. Back then HP0 also had no life loss at all if you missed something (at least I think it was 0). Not sure if that's changed now too or not.