forum

[Archived] needs help >.<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Suimya
can some one help me with this problem idk why but i only see boxes when someone write in other languages or somthing like QB
look i look at it like this

idk why but i need help >.<
Azure_Kite
It's most likely because East Asian Language support hasn't been properly configured for your computer.

Go into Control Panel > Regional/Language options; there should be an option to 'Install files for East Asian Languages'

If you tick it, that should fix the issue.

EDIT: This is for XP; I'm not sure if the exact same procedure is followed for Vista/7, but I'm sure it'll be something similar.
shinn_old
Hey there!

If you don't want to see words that are not in your language, you can go to "Options"->"Online"->Tick "Filter Foregin Language"

That way, it will not be seen. However, to solve the problem, you will need to install East Asian Language Support if you're on XP. For Vista and Windows 7, this shouldn't happen.

If you're in Vista or 7, try re-installing all the system fonts, one way this can be done is to use Window's System File Checker. To launch it, click "Start"->type "cmd"-> Right Click and Run as Admin-> type "sfc /scannow"

There might be a better way to reinstall all the system fonts but that's the only way I can think of right now.

Hope this helps!