forum

sixtythree - dawn

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ancelysia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Aurele
yay first
Renumi
modding because you're literally the best human bean (and you asked me in-game) :3c

[ General]
  1. 75% volume, for the most part, is pretty loud for a song like this; the hitsounds overpower the song by just a little bit. If it was up to me, I'd tone it down to about 50%~40% so as to appeal more to the songs' calmer pacing.
  2. Nice hitsounds and song (I feel like they compliment the song nicely, and the applause near the middle is a really nice touch !)~ But to be honest, I'm not so sure how much I like the finish as the main use for a kick in the map since finish hitsounds are used more to emphasize new sections or strong beats in a song, and you use this for the whooole map onward. I'd recommend giving this a more "simpler" hitsound such as a whistle. tl;dr: Rename "soft-hitfinish" to "soft-hitwhistle" and replace the currently existing one for a "soft-hitfinish2" and apply where necessary. I really hope you do this.
  3. I pointed out mostly blankets and stuff since your rhythm choices are all good in my ears, so not much mentioning there (also seeing as how it's such a repetitive song too)~

[ ily okward]
Since the main theme of the map focuses on anti-flow (intentional or not as it may be), I'll try to focus more on visual aesthetics and whatnot (that's kind of the same thing aaa) so this is just going to be a really nitpicky mod from me.
The DS in this map fluctuates a lot, ranging from 1.13x to 1.23x to 1.15x to 1.12x and so on. My recommendation would be to respace these with a more solid DS, since I can't really pinpoint whether or not these are a lot of DS errors due to the Small Grid Level with Grid Snap, or if it was mapped without DS using your visuals to perceive what's equidistant and what's not.
  1. 00:13:641 (1,2) - Why not make these parallel to one another?
  2. 00:15:141 (2,3,4) - Make a triangle with these?
  3. 00:31:641 (1) - Add a whistle here on sliderhead maybe?
  4. 00:31:641 (1) - Shouldn't the sliderend be a clap?
  5. 00:33:141 (2,3) - I know the main theme here is anti-flow, but could you blanket these? For my sake at least >.<
  6. 00:43:641 (1,2,3) - I really disagree with the flow here how it's all leading up (I've seen this in a few other maps though, so take this suggestion however you'd like).
  7. 00:51:141 (2,3) - Make way for a neater cushion to flow?
  8. 01:09:141 (2,3) - Blanket?
  9. 01:18:141 (4,1) - Was this supposed to be a blanket or ;w;
the rest is just recurring issues like the ones pointed above; i trust your mapper intuition to know and recognize further stuff like this but if not and/or if you have any doubts or need more context on any of these points, then you know where to find me =w=

[ ily gabe]
hi again gabe =w=/
  1. 00:19:641 (1) - Missing a "finish" on slidehead?
  2. 00:55:641 (7) - NC?
im way too bad at modding these type of difficulties (everything looks too perfect to me aaa), excuse me >.<

nice song and sorry if the mod wasn't 100% what you expected of me (i.e it was bad) >.<
im still so happy about yesterday aa
Topic Starter
Ancelysia

Renumi wrote:

modding because you're literally the best human being (and you asked me in-game) :3c

[ General]
  1. 75% volume, for the most part, is pretty loud for a song like this; the hitsounds overpower the song by just a little bit. If it was up to me, I'd tone it down to about 50%~40% so as to appeal more to the songs' calmer pacing.
  2. Nice hitsounds and song (I feel like they compliment the song nicely, and the applause near the middle is a really nice touch !)~ But to be honest, I'm not so sure how much I like the finish as the main use for a kick in the map since finish hitsounds are used more to emphasize new sections or strong beats in a song, and you use this for the whooole map onward. I'd recommend giving this a more "simpler" hitsound such as a whistle. tl;dr: Rename "soft-hitfinish" to "soft-hitwhistle" and replace the currently existing one for a "soft-hitfinish2" and apply where necessary. I really hope you do this. Removed hitsound
  3. I pointed out mostly blankets and stuff since your rhythm choices are all good in my ears, so not much mentioning there (also seeing as how it's such a repetitive song too)~

[ ily okward]
Since the main theme of the map focuses on anti-flow (intentional or not as it may be), I'll try to focus more on visual aesthetics and whatnot (that's kind of the same thing aaa) so this is just going to be a really nitpicky mod from me.
The DS in this map fluctuates a lot, ranging from 1.13x to 1.23x to 1.15x to 1.12x and so on. My recommendation would be to respace these with a more solid DS, since I can't really pinpoint whether or not these are a lot of DS errors due to the Small Grid Level with Grid Snap, or if it was mapped without DS using your visuals to perceive what's equidistant and what's not.
  1. 00:13:641 (1,2) - Why not make these parallel to one another?
  2. 00:15:141 (2,3,4) - Make a triangle with these?
  3. 00:31:641 (1) - Add a whistle here on sliderhead maybe? removed hitsound
  4. 00:31:641 (1) - Shouldn't the sliderend be a clap? it already was
  5. 00:33:141 (2,3) - I know the main theme here is anti-flow, but could you blanket these? For my sake at least >.< I tried
  6. 00:43:641 (1,2,3) - I really disagree with the flow here how it's all leading up (I've seen this in a few other maps though, so take this suggestion however you'd like).
  7. 00:51:141 (2,3) - Make way for a neater cushion to flow? I tried
  8. 01:09:141 (2,3) - Blanket? I tried
  9. 01:18:141 (4,1) - Was this supposed to be a blanket or ;w; still not knowing what a blanket is, I don't know
the rest is just recurring issues like the ones pointed above; i trust your mapper intuition to know and recognize further stuff like this but if not and/or if you have any doubts or need more context on any of these points, then you know where to find me =w=

[ ily gabe]
hi again gabe =w=/
  1. 00:19:641 (1) - Missing a "finish" on slidehead?
  2. 00:55:641 (7) - NC?
im way too bad at modding these type of difficulties (everything looks too perfect to me aaa), excuse me >.<

nice song and sorry if the mod wasn't 100% what you expected of me (i.e it was bad) >.<
im still so happy about yesterday aa
thank you <3
riffy
gabe literally told me what to point out and sent me here to claim my free kudosu.

[Gneral]
  1. There is a 5 second difference in end time of difficulties. Provided that it is a set of two difficulties having more consistency wouldn't hurt. Just add the spinner to the Easy, I guess?
  2. Instead of the black screen you could just fade you background. No extra file for the black screen required.
    Note: this would save some space and reduce SB load.
  3. The artist themselves use tags beat loop to describe their music. Perhaps add those two tags as well?
  4. Metadata is correct as is. Confirmation link in case anyone needs it.
[easy]

• The only thing I would recommend to consider about this difficulty is the way of drawing sliders and the flow you use while moving from object to object.For instnace, let's have a look at the pattern staring on 00:15:141 (2) - the flow you get is something like the pcture below. It works, yet it is pretty rough and the curves suggest a lot of tension in the music or that's how I feel about it.

What I would recommend is to use angles less sharp and softer slider curves as to match the chill and overall relaxing beat. You could still keep your style, it's just the shapes and overall feel of the difficulty that require something that would flow in a softer way.

It is good in terms of rhythm, the settings also work just alright. I guess we just disagree on the way the difficulty should look/flow.
[gabe's dawn]

• 04:20 Gabe: 01:42:891 (7) - If you want a legit free point, seems like there is missing a finish here
  1. 00:27:516 - in just about every other pattern around this beat is mapped with either a reverse arrow or a tail of a slider. Perhaps, you should do the same here for consistency.
  2. 01:18:141 (6,7) - minor - there is a very tiny overlap of these two. Moving (6) to the left just a tiny bit would prevent that.
    Note: 01:40:266 (4,5,6) - sometihng similar here.
  3. 01:30:516 (6,1) - there is no other pattern that would use the same kin of stacking. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to go for a bit easier to read triangle? example

It's good.
It's really hard to point out something in a set consisting of two short diffs made for a looped song. You guys did a good job following it, the set is simplistic, yet it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Ancelysia

Bakari wrote:

gabe literally told me what to point out and sent me here to claim my free kudosu.

[Gneral]
  1. There is a 5 second difference in end time of difficulties. Provided that it is a set of two difficulties having more consistency wouldn't hurt. Just add the spinner to the Easy, I guess?
  2. Instead of the black screen you could just fade you background. No extra file for the black screen required.
    Note: this would save some space and reduce SB load.
  3. The artist themselves use tags beat loop to describe their music. Perhaps add those two tags as well?
  4. Metadata is correct as is. Confirmation link in case anyone needs it.
[easy]

• The only thing I would recommend to consider about this difficulty is the way of drawing sliders and the flow you use while moving from object to object.For instnace, let's have a look at the pattern staring on 00:15:141 (2) - the flow you get is something like the pcture below. It works, yet it is pretty rough and the curves suggest a lot of tension in the music or that's how I feel about it.

What I would recommend is to use angles less sharp and softer slider curves as to match the chill and overall relaxing beat. You could still keep your style, it's just the shapes and overall feel of the difficulty that require something that would flow in a softer way.

It is good in terms of rhythm, the settings also work just alright. I guess we just disagree on the way the difficulty should look/flow.
[gabe's dawn]

• 04:20 Gabe: 01:42:891 (7) - If you want a legit free point, seems like there is missing a finish here
  1. 00:27:516 - in just about every other pattern around this beat is mapped with either a reverse arrow or a tail of a slider. Perhaps, you should do the same here for consistency.
  2. 01:18:141 (6,7) - minor - there is a very tiny overlap of these two. Moving (6) to the left just a tiny bit would prevent that.
    Note: 01:40:266 (4,5,6) - sometihng similar here.
  3. 01:30:516 (6,1) - there is no other pattern that would use the same kin of stacking. Perhaps, it would be a good idea to go for a bit easier to read triangle? example

It's good.
It's really hard to point out something in a set consisting of two short diffs made for a looped song. You guys did a good job following it, the set is simplistic, yet it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
wowie wow wow thanks for mod
Topic Starter
Ancelysia
ill revive this whenever I feel like it ;v
Topic Starter
Ancelysia
reviving..
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.