forum

How many of you play one or more instruments?

posted
Total Posts

How many instruments do you play?

50.88%
28.07%
8.77%
5.26%
5+
7.02%
Total votes: 57
show more
rust45

ddrXero64 wrote:

Well I said Sousaphone because though they are the same, the Sousaphone I believe is the marching one.
The Sousaphone is the marching equivalent of the tuba, not euphonium. The marching equivalent of euphonium would be a marching baritone, which is a trumpet with muscles.
mathexpert
play the piano, its really fun especially when i play anime music and touhou music. :)
Randy96
Alto Saxophone baby
Galkan
Used to play Harmonica few years ago, but I'm not really sure if I could play good again now :3
Remco32
I play the electric guitar and I still need to get myself a keyboard. Any suggestions on a keyboard for cheap? I don't want to spend much on a instrument I'm not going to main.
Rokodo

Remco32 wrote:

I play the electric guitar and I still need to get myself a keyboard. Any suggestions on a keyboard for cheap? I don't want to spend much on a instrument I'm not going to main.
Any used/refurbished Casio should do the trick. *Speaking from personal experience, used to play piano/keyboard.*
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

rust45 wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

Well I said Sousaphone because though they are the same, the Sousaphone I believe is the marching one.
The Sousaphone is the marching equivalent of the tuba, not euphonium. The marching equivalent of euphonium would be a marching baritone, which is a trumpet with muscles.
Oh sheet, you're right. Euhonium=Baritone Horn. I played that too, but I preferred tuba. Wow though, I fudged up on that one. Complete misunderstanding in my head, my bad.

But yea, Euphonium isn't too bad at all, though I've never seen it have big parts. The chorus teacher's husband was the conductor for the UMass Amherst Marching Band though, pretty well known (he passed away unexpectedly last year from an unknown cause, sudden heart failure). He played Tuba, and he played some of the first ever composed Tuba Solos. It's amazing to see someone play a tuba like a flute with melodies, it's truly something you should see at least once in your lifetime if you're into music.
SilentKiller
I can play guitar and piano.
Pizzicato
I play the guitar.
Piano seems fun but i cant seem to control both hands while playing it ;_;
Athyrionjh
where is the "Well I can just hit the piano with my head so that it makes scary sounds" - Option?

Well I can't play any instrument :(
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Athyrionjh wrote:

where is the "Well I can just hit the piano with my head so that it makes scary sounds" - Option?

Well I can't play any instrument :(
My idiot self forgot to put 0, and I didn't want to reset the votes. So...my bad. lol
Backfire
I play guitar and drums. Shittily.
OzzyOzrock

Athyrionjh wrote:

This made me legitimately lol
Xyrenus
starting with play the guitar D:
Hamuko
Flute.
I suck but can do some stuff with it.
D33d
I'm going to exaggerate by saying five and more. I only really play the trombone these days, as it's what makes me fairly substantial money for the amount of work that I do. I had started to play it since I was ten, and the guitar at around the same time or earlier. I haven't touched the guitar properly in over a year, as I just don't feel like playing it. I can play it reasonably well.

I've also gone through phases of teaching myself the piano and drums; both of which I could play if I put my mind to it. More recently, I'd borrowed somebody's trumpet for a while, which I was starting to get good at until I had to give it back. I've also just got my hands on a really old, Czech made valve trombone, which I'd polished and lubed to a decent state of repair. It plays surprisingly well and I've taken a shine to the thing.

I've been also meaning to rent a cello for ages, but I'd never got around to it. I also want to be a boss by learning the saxophone, because my lips aren't abused enough as they are.

Teta, does this "stuff" involve band camp in any way?
noneed
I play heartbreakingly the triangle
Nashmun
I've been playing drums for ~8-9 years and I started playing accordion few years ago... So let's say I can play both of them :D
Bunnrei
ME PLAY HARMONICA
Out Of Reach
I've played the saxophone for about 3 years now.. ^^
thelewa
I used to play the drums for a few years and then I started osu and didn't have time to do anything else than play osu so I don't play the drums anymore except very occasionally.

And then I was a bear
Stagione
Trumpet -> Euphonium -> Trombone

Can also play alto sax
roleykatsu
Trombone, Tenor Sax, Baritone Sax, a bit of percussion, and a bit of piano.

Trombone is my forte, however
WhoAteFred
Skinny Tuba Player without the upper body strength to even hold it for extended periods of time. Then again, this was, like 4 years ago. To be honest, I don't think I've gotten any stronger.