forum

Started playing 3 days ago, need some help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gallost
As the title says, I just started playing OSU! 3 days ago, and currently I am able to nail some low 3 star maps with a B ranking. I am kind of stuck right now because some 3 star maps just seem to be too hard for me and I usually die 30 seconds into the map, how am I supposed to improve my skill? Any tips on how to improve faster? Thank you!
Xyrus_old_1
It's only been 3 days and you're passing 3*. There are plenty of people who can't do that in 3 months. You're doing fine, just keep playing more and you'll get the hang of the game. 3 days is nothing, remember these maps and play them in a month's time. You'll find them a LOT easier.
O Pie
Putting it short: keep playing, have fun playing.
BarnabyJonez
If you are failing then you need to play lower difficulty songs. Play stuff you can actually pass and focus on getting less misses and better accuracy.
Juliandroid98
Passing 3* maps in 3 days of playing is actually really good already!

But generally the way to improving is to play maps you can pass, if you see that your scores are getting better and better you could try that one map again where you struggled, maybe it would be easier for you than it was back then.

A month ago I couldn't pass any 5* maps but now I can due to steady improvement. Just keep playing and have fun and the skill will come to you! :)
Luqanted
focus on one difficulty in 2 or 1 month. then move to a different difficulty. repeat.
Hibiya-chan
Get good in the lower diffs first before stepping up to a harder diff, that way, you build up consistency in the star ranges and play well. This is how I improved tho, some ppl did otherwise and still improved (tho it cost them their map reading and acc).
Topic Starter
Gallost
Hey everyone, thank you for your genuine replies! I've been consistently playing the maps that I couldn't beat since the day this post was posted, now I am able pass nearly all of my 3 star maps with a ranking of B! I was even able to pass a low 4 star map today! Again thank you all of your helps!
Luqanted
congrats kek
Kiritsugu_old_1
Play more dont quit have fun
Endie-
Keep playing!
Spirit_Dreamer
B is prety bad. For improving mostly play difficulties you get A. A little challenging is the best, but not so much that force you to mash.Concentrate more on getting better accuracy than just passing the maps.
zeno61
I got stuck on normal for a year, hard for another year and I just started 4* maps few months ago and I'm stuck at 5* now. But I'm trying to perfect 4*-4.5* maps.

To sum it all up, you are doing a lot well compared to noobs like me.
edgelordweeb
you're completing 3 star maps in 3 days. It took me months to complete 3 star maps. You're doing pretty well for 3 days in. I've been playing for a year and pretty recently started consistently clearing low 4 star maps. Just keep doing whatever you're doing and you'll improve.
7ambda

Spirit_Dreamer wrote:

B is prety bad. For improving mostly play difficulties you get A. A little challenging is the best, but not so much that force you to mash.Concentrate more on getting better accuracy than just passing the maps.
Buster
go quit
cocoalatte
I'm pretty new too! Saved the maps i couldn't beat to collections, played some even harder maps, tried to fc easier maps for consistency & found a more comfortable playing position
After a week, I could surprisingly beat those maps :D
Buster

cocoalatte wrote:

I'm pretty new too! Saved the maps i couldn't beat to collections, played some even harder maps, tried to fc easier maps for consistency & found a more comfortable playing position
After a week, I could surprisingly beat those maps :D
dont play hard
play easy and normal
Luqanted
actually keep playing harder maps. play with harder maps so that you can get used to the speed and the other stuffs that you need to focus on. after finishing up at hard diff, try moving on to insane diff. to know that you have already finished hard diff, well I think it's that you have already used to the bpm of harder maps. and that ur aim is improving kekekekek