forum

Mental attitude.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngusBrain
Hello. I need some advice on how to stay calm or relaxed when full-combing something. Even when I pass a hard section, my hand tends seize up and I get really nervous. Osu! isn't just about hitting circles, I think it's also the mental game that comes in to play. In summary, I want to improve my mental fortitude against nerves. Not only will it help me in osu! but also in real life. I'll take any and all suggestions that are logical. Thanks a lot!
7ambda
dung eater
be happy you hit a circle
Topic Starter
AngusBrain
Pretty motivational
Tamako Lumisade
The best you can do for yourself is to just not care too much about it. Sounds simple, I know right.
O Pie
When FC becomes trivial, you stop being hyped by it.
Luqanted
imagine that clicking circles is ur hobby. if u miss, ull get fucked up by a pedo.
Hibiya-chan
Basically, don't forget to breathe coz when you like, get tensed up and you forget to even breathe then that'll make it worse resulting to choking. Those kinds of things are normal with players here coz inside they'll think that "Oh I'm finally gonna be able to fc dis sht" putting the pressure upon themselves which ends up in breaks, poor accs, etc.Through normal breathing tho, it maintains your composure in playing the entirety of the map.

Ironic on how am I saying this simple sht and forgets to do it myself.
Luqanted
avoid sneezing :^)
Topic Starter
AngusBrain
thanks, that is pretty helpful. @_stormex_
BaraWolf
Don't play this game if your in a bad mood.
Trust me You are not going to like it
DissonantMuse
Nerves have always been an issue for me, especially when I get 1000+ combo, I start focusing too hard and start tensing up. Deep breaths usually help me to loosen up, and just focus on reading the map and try not to pay attention to how well you're doing. Hiding the HUD (shift+ tab) is another option to help with this, which is something I still need to try lol.
tfg50
Play long maps and you'll get used to it after some time.
Einja
Cover up your combo by disabling your game interface and hide the scoreboard. It helps a lot, and I don't get really nervous when I do that.
Fxjlk
Staying calm is a habit and just like any habit you cant create it over time

I found this video helpful for habit forming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_VFIU1Dv4
zeno61
It usually happens when you get too conscious about your accuracy, or combo. Usually, I can relax when I get a combo break, but when you want to avoid that high tense, just try to forget about your accuracy, combo, and score and just play with the song.

Having a short phrase to say/think would help whenever you get this feeling like "Just play" "It's all right" "This song is nice." "Fuck it. I don't care anymore" to calm down. Or try distracting your thoughts by thinking about something else while your eyes and hands are playing, which is what I usually do.
cocoalatte
Some things that might help
- Remove distractions, Hiding the score/combo (shift+tab), removing fail sound
- Staying hydrated, taking breaks, not being hungy (having a clear mind helps!)
- Having a comfortable environment
- Play more (the thing that helps most)
- Zoning out (let the circles hypnotize you .-.)
- Lowering your expectations (what do you have to lose anyway?)
- Being nervous, getting your adrenaline rush