forum

How come if I play more than 1 day in a row i suck.. ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
So yeah pretty much if i for example have a day when I play (let's assume that's monday) and then tuesday i play i will be extremely bad from all points of view, my grip changes in a way that i can't properly explain, mouse feels like gliding on ice rather than a mousepad, going really fast and missing notes, fingers getting stuck on low bpm streams (that's just because the day before i probably played high bpm streams and my fingers need one day of recovery, that really doesn't fit in my problem but i just thought of listing it aswell) and as a result no scores whatsoever. It's just too hard to play with a mouse that glides faster than Usain Bolt, but seriously now. Can anyone explain why this is happening ?
I always take these days as training sessions rather than score achieving days but it's a different playstile and it doesnt impact my overall performance so i'm basically wasting time ;D
O Pie
I sometimes find myself suddenly under performing too. Most of the time its because of tiredness or distraction. Some of the time its simply perspective, by over performing the day before, it will seem like you're under performing the next day. What I can tell you though, is that playing everyday will most certainly speed up your improvement if that's what you are aiming for, even if it's only a 30 minute session. This holds true for almost anything that requires tonnes of practice spanning over years.

You should also take note of when your hands warm up and how it feels, and not be too upset over your performance before that.
PinkNightmares
You are just not consistent enough. It becomes apparent if you play more often than usual.
7ambda
idk, mental game? :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O
Endaris

F1r3tar wrote:

Based on the amount of threads per month he's losing the mental game.
winber1
your repressed sexual desires are hindering your gameplay
Tamako Lumisade
I have the same dude. Additionally I have a lot of scores with 99% acc but with A, cuz my consistency doesn't exist
Luqanted
its like this, for example, you played osu! for 5 or 6 hours and of course at the start you get noob acc and noob aim and stuffs, then after for 8 or 5 plays you will feel like a sudden change for your gameplay like being more good and all that other stuffs. it's because that you have focusing much on osu! and that ur hand(s) are getting used to it. this repeats in every single day.

idk if that makes sense lmao
Topic Starter
Florrow

Endaris wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

Based on the amount of threads per month he's losing the mental game.
As opposed to some players that give up as soon as they feel like something is wrong I try to seek out for help and determine the starting points for my problems as well as remedies, with other words trying to clear out things that I'm not really sure of and trying to be the best version of myself in the game as I can.
Jukkii
im p sure most of your problems can be fixed just by looking at yourself and thinking for yourself. just look at what youre doing wrong and work on that, if you really need a question just google it it probably has been answered already.
Endaris

Florrow wrote:

As opposed to some players that give up as soon as they feel like something is wrong I try to seek out for help and determine the starting points for my problems as well as remedies, with other words trying to clear out things that I'm not really sure of and trying to be the best version of myself in the game as I can.
How is "I suck if i play more than 1 day in a row" the identification of an actual problem?
This just sounds like a serious case of confirmation bias to me. Instead of trying to identify the actual problems you may or may not have you push you're pushing your failure on stuff like that which seems fairly nonsensical to me.
Topic Starter
Florrow

Endaris wrote:

Florrow wrote:

How is "I suck if i play more than 1 day in a row" the identification of an actual problem?
This just sounds like a serious case of confirmation bias to me. Instead of trying to identify the actual problems you may or may not have you push you're pushing your failure on stuff like that which seems fairly nonsensical to me.
IT'S WHAT IT BASICALLY IS XD
I'm sorry if each of my problems related to this game are so wierd, but in all honestly i see myself being sad about me putting this much effort into something that only turns out to be bad....
I'm doing my best to improve, trying to play for consistency, for pp, trying dt, hidden, hardrock, trying just to not think about how bad i am and don't think about the misses..
My right hand started to ache right now, and that is cause i've switched my mouse hold. This is painful to hear and see cause i don't, under any circumstances, want to change my grip but sadly that's just how it goes apparently, also as i mentioned in another thread the mouse glides soooooooooooo faaaaaaaaast maaan i dont even know what the hell is going on with everything.

As of now, i don't think there is anybody that can explain my problem in terms of improving so i'll rather just take some days off and when i really feel like playing i'll give it a try, and might consider repeating that over some time and maybe if it doesnt really work then qutting might be the solution.
Don't get me wrong i actually love the game but spending a lot of time on something and only seeing yourself degrading in performance isnt exactly the best thing in the world i suppose.