posted
Total Posts
show more
Ph0X

Ivalset wrote:

Needs a million more content.
Pretty good so far though.
Needs more epic boss/invasions*
Also, the fact that you can only spawn one boss at a time is pretty lame.

Me and neo killed 4 eyes of Cthulhu and 4 Eater of World during a bloodmoon, and that was the most intense fight we ever had, still wasn't THAT epic. Needs fucking skeletron + EoC + EoW during a goblin invasion and bloodmoon ALL THAT underground while fucking bonesnakes rape your shit.
Ivalset
Needs plenty more biomes and materials and item tiers as well.

Also the dungeon is too fucking small. Killed skeletron and within an hour or so the entire dungeon was completely raided of its shit.

I did get a blue moon out of it though, which was way awesome until Sunfury.
Xanek

Ivalset wrote:

Also the dungeon is too fucking small. Killed skeletron and within an hour or so the entire dungeon was completely raided of its shit.

doesnt sound like you're playing any multiplayer
Ph0X

Ivalset wrote:

Meh dungeon size was good enough, and there's quite a lot of items. My problem is that by the end, the item levels are way past the enemy levels, and you can rape everything without any trouble, there's no more challenges. If they add more items, then it'll need even more bosses, but I think right now more challenging enemies are more important than more weapons, but yes, eventually just more biomes that are even harder to get to and items that are even harder to craft would be nice.
Topic Starter
Mara
I'd like to see more events. Not the chance of activating them, just different ones. Goblin attack is pretty kewl. Sudden corrupted night or something.
Ivalset

Xanek wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

doesnt sound like you're playing any multiplayer
I'm playing exclusively multiplayer. That's the entire fucking problem.
Mianki
<<- newfag

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO
other than diggin and beating slimeys
Ph0X

Mianki wrote:

<<- newfag

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO
other than diggin and beating slimeys
Start by building a house, needs blocks around as walls, door, chair, table and completely filled background walls. Build a couple of them.
Start exploring down, getting ores like copper silver and gold, then build better tools. The beginning is like minecraft, but then it'll get more RPG-ish with boss fights and dungeons.
Topic Starter
Mara
And during night, collect stars which are coming from the sky. 10 stars -> craft 'em and more mana.

EDIT:

SPOILER
Updates to Terraria have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Controls
Right clicking and holding on a crafting recipe will craft multiple of the same item to a max of the stack and/or until you run out of materials.

Items
NEW ITEM : Sticky Bombs, Requires 5 Gel and a Bomb.
Sand Duping bug fixed.
Placing a bed far from the spawn no longer causes a player who has set their spawn there to crash on join.
Mining stone and other hard ores make a 'tink' noise now.
Hellstone and Obsidian now require at least a Demonite pick to gather.
Sand no longer spawns within a certain distance of the spawn location, This should remove the chance of spawning in a desert with no wood to use.
Hellstone now correctly takes as long to dig as meteor does.
The clay pot item now has the correct size.

Performance
Frame-skip is now correctly ON by default for new players.
Increased Client Side Multiplayer stability. Should resolve many crash causes.
Corrected a bug where players would intermittently not take falling damage.
The world file is now saved to a temporary file that is copied over to the actual save file. This prevents world corruption when saving is interrupted.
Fixed a bug that disabled some error handling. Overall game stability should be improved.

GUI
The version number of the game now shows on the title screen.
Typing numbers in chat no longer changes your selected item in your hotbar.

Server
Servers now listen to all IP addresses on the hosting PC, regardless of how many network connections are active.
Typing "localhost" instead of your own local IP address will connect to your own same-PC server.
The games default port is no longer ELEET (31337) it is now 7777.
Client will now resolve a hostname into its IP address, for example, if randomsite.org ran a server, you could type randomsite.org as the IP address and be able to connect.
Xanek
If anyone has a server up i'll join..

Edit:or if someone can figure out why my portforwarding isnt working
Editedit: or i'll just use hamachi if thats the only way...
Topic Starter
Mara
Hamachi is fine too.
Xanek

LunaticMara wrote:

Hamachi is fine too.
I know, but I would host it but eh... idk, we need someone to keep theirs up almost 24/7
Neo@lex

GAME OVER YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH
MathiasXII
Damn this game is addicting... and it has a chtulhu themed boss (which I horribly failed trying to kill... but it appeared so early in game ! grr lol.)
Xanek
Im still looking for a server to join ;____;
also need to kill skeleton in my map and i need mana items :<
Mianki
Kokizi

Xanek wrote:

Im still looking for a server to join ;____;
somebody make a terraria server nao!
Xanek
preferably someone that lives in the middle from all of us that playit ;x, with a good damn internet connection :C
Ph0X
sup the what

Shiirn
if your base isn't underground you are a pussy.
Xanek
MAKE A SERVER 8[
Ephemeral
is there a unix server client y/n

i own the game but got bored playing singleplayer alone, will host a server if i am able
Xanek

Ephemeral wrote:

is there a unix server client y/n

i own the game but got bored playing singleplayer alone, will host a server if i am able
Noooo Australian internettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Also no, only windows I think
Neo@lex
there is no server application, you have to

in order to
a server
also you need
unless you can run it in WINE
Xanek
Wow neo...
Ephemeral
there is a cli but you have to pay 4 dollars p/m to some faggy developer for it, so fuck that shit.
Xanek
then run it off of like hamachi or something.. .you dont even need to pay to run a server for it
dkun
I have a dedicated box that's on *unix, can anyone confirm if this works through WINE? I'll totally host on 100mbit line if so.

I really don't want to post my home server's IP here for the sake of paranoia. :/
Xanek

dkun wrote:

I really don't want to post my home server's IP here for the sake of paranoia. :/
Hamachi?

dkun wrote:

I have a dedicated box that's on *unix, can anyone confirm if this works through WINE? I'll totally host on 100mbit line if so.
also http://tom-geiger.de/?p=151
Topic Starter
Mara
Hamachi here and Hamachi there.

It's time to kick some ass.
Xanek
so did anyone try to make one yet :<
Xx_1337_H4ck3r_xX
There's no need to be paranoid Dkun, it's not like anyone will do anything with your ip ( 75.33.208.216 ).
Pokebis
Silent Killer strikes again!
dkun
k.
I have the standard web ports, 80, 21, 22, and 3306 open.
I also have 8080 open for other purposes.

but hey, any smart "h4x0r" should have done a portscan already right?
Rolled
Necro Gear
Lucky Horseshoe
Hermes Boots
Cloud in a Bottle
Shiny Red Balloon
Anklet of the Wind

Best setup. Switch hermes boots for feral claws + muramasa for good times.
Ivalset
muramasa is a faggy sword sorry

real pros use blue moons/sunfuries
Rolled
Top my dps with 5 feral claws, bitch.
Ph0X

Rolled wrote:

Necro Gear
Lucky Horseshoe
Hermes Boots
Cloud in a Bottle
Shiny Red Balloon
Anklet of the Wind

Best setup. Switch hermes boots for feral claws + muramasa for good times.
Meh I don't like having a constant build like this. I carry 6 extra accessories and 3 different armor sets around with me, and switch to whichever is most appropriate. It's all about those quick switches while still moving. pro micro. Also if doublejump wasn't fucking broken, you wouldn't need horse shoe, and even there, if your quick you can switch to your hook and hook to the ground to avoid fall damage.
Ivalset

Rolled wrote:

Top my dps with 5 feral claws, bitch.
I'll never top your dicksucks per second.
Neo@lex
Cobalt gear
Lucky Horseshoe
Cloud in a Bottle
Shiny Red Balloon
Hermes Boots
Rocket Boots

Boosting with Ivy Whip is faster than max speed, and Sunfury is more badass than faggy weeaboo swords. Switching armor is unnecessary.
Phoenix Blaster is the best weapon in the game.
show more