forum

RYO - Shuffle Heaven [Osu|OsuMania|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
DJPop

CXu wrote:

[General]
[list][*]DJPop's mania-diffs have a bpm change at 00:35:386, BPM of 23.750. BPM should be the same throughout all diffs, since, well, same song.
It was intended to make a pause technique, no changes.
CXu
I'll check the map again sometime during the weekend. Anyway:
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania_Ranki ... ria#Timing

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention, but it's also in the general ranking criteria, and it's not so much that the slowdown is bad or anything (I don't play o!m, so I can't tell), but yeah.
PyaKura

CXu wrote:

BPM change is not much an issue here, and is actually a great idea. I don't know what's up with this rule, there is absolutely no valid reason in not allowing a different BPM for a short part of the song if it works. I do agree that it is stupid to use BPM changes to change the scrolling speed progressively though. (Not hating on anyone, after reading myself again I found myself rather blunt :o )

What bothers me here though is that weird x8.0 SV multiplier during the 23,75 BPM part, it just doesn't feel right. I know what you wanted to do and it really makes a cool effect, but readability-wise it's really so-so. I suggest you add another BPM change (back to the original 190 BPM) to have a visual feedback (this adds a white line when the BPM changes) and predict the moment when the song starts again, and remove that weird SV multiplier. As it stands now, you literally have to know this part by heart (read : know the exact timing) to be able to play it without missing. Screenshot of what I want to say just below.

00:35:386 - It is lacking notes for the last sounds (listen to this part with 25% speed).

Try doing this. It plays better this way. I've also added 3 random notes (selected) to show you where you forgot to put them. If you the scrolling to starts again before the next notes hit the judgement line you can add a 190 BPM change earlier and keep the current 190 BPM change. This way, you still have a visual feedback as to when the scrolling speed changes and the white ticks in the rest of the songs follow the beat correctly.

What I just wrote may sounds very confusing, so just ask (here or PM) if you don't understand (whether it is DJPop, BATs, or other people), I'll try my best to make it clearer. >.<

00:41:859 (41859|5) - No sound ? I understand it's for symmetry though.

Anyways, great quality map, good luck and get this ranked guys !
DJPop

CXu wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention, but it's also in the general ranking criteria, and it's not so much that the slowdown is bad or anything (I don't play o!m, so I can't tell), but yeah.
- That stupid rule again >___>
It has the same effect as x0.01 without red timing and was presented in original version of this song

PyaKura wrote:

What bothers me here though is that weird x8.0 SV multiplier during the 23,75 BPM part, it just doesn't feel right. I know what you wanted to do and it really makes a cool effect, but readability-wise it's really so-so. I suggest you add another BPM change (back to the original 190 BPM) to have a visual feedback (this adds a white line when the BPM changes) and predict the moment when the song starts again, and remove that weird SV multiplier. As it stands now, you literally have to know this part by heart (read : know the exact timing) to be able to play it without missing. Screenshot of what I want to say just below.
- 23.75 = 190 / 8, same effect as using x0.01 without red timing.

00:35:386 - It is lacking notes for the last sounds (listen to this part with 25% speed).

Try doing this. It plays better this way. I've also added 3 random notes (selected) to show you where you forgot to put them. If you the scrolling to starts again before the next notes hit the judgement line you can add a 190 BPM change earlier and keep the current 190 BPM change. This way, you still have a visual feedback as to when the scrolling speed changes and the white ticks in the rest of the songs follow the beat correctly.
- Assuming cymbal sound is the sign of suddenly stop. This technique is from the original O2Jam version (official).
Also there's no space to add them if the rooms are intended to be consistent.

What I just wrote may sounds very confusing, so just ask (here or PM) if you don't understand (whether it is DJPop, BATs, or other people), I'll try my best to make it clearer. >.<

00:41:859 (41859|5) - No sound ? I understand it's for symmetry though.
-Just default hitsounds like the pattern around.

Anyways, great quality map, good luck and get this ranked guys !
pw384
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░ BATs Rank This ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████████
PyaKura
@DJPop : yes I see what you mean. This doesn't prevent the scrl spd change to be unreable unless you know the timing by heart. What about replacing your x8 multiplier during the 23,75 BPM part by 190 BPM (because as you said, 23,75*8 = 190) directly for visual feedback and readability (keep the next 190 BPM so that the white ticks follow the beat correctly)? Doing so doesn't change the way the song is played, it's just less of a gamble when you don't know the song. The white line helps you predict a scrl spd change. Can't test this right now, will do so in a bit. :>

Edit : Okay try this then. It doesn't change anything speed wise (keeping your slowdown effect) but adds readability.

About the three notes I've added, it just feels weird to not having to play them, because they are there and exist :v.
DJPop

PyaKura wrote:

@DJPop : yes I see what you mean. This doesn't prevent the scrl spd change to be unreable unless you know the timing by heart. What about replacing your x8 multiplier during the 23,75 BPM part by 190 BPM (because as you said, 23,75*8 = 190) directly for visual feedback and readability (keep the next 190 BPM so that the white ticks follow the beat correctly)? Doing so doesn't change the way the song is played, it's just less of a gamble when you don't know the song. The white line helps you predict a scrl spd change. Can't test this right now, will do so in a bit. :>

Edit : Okay try this then. It doesn't change anything speed wise (keeping your slowdown effect) but adds readability.

About the three notes I've added, it just feels weird to not having to play them, because they are there and exist :v.

- Looks ugly for me D:
I understand your point about readability, but it's intended and easy to notice. Players can pass them finely by just playing it on 2nd time.
Lokovodo
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████████
:-)
P o M u T a

Lokovodo wrote:

░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████████
:-)
CXu
orz... I really hope I have the time to look at this again this weekend. Sorry ;w;
Topic Starter
AngelHoney
O_Q
UnderminE
Come on ;__;
PyaKura
AngelHoney I really don't know how you can be so patient with this mapset lol... no giving up !
Topic Starter
AngelHoney

PyaKura wrote:

AngelHoney I really don't know how you can be so patient with this mapset lol... no giving up !
because you dont know how many bats i asked and be rejected ;p
CXu
A month tardy recheck orz. No kds.
Btw, can you quote this post and tell me what you change, and why you decide to keep what you have? Makes my life easier when rechecking.

[General]
  1. While I understand the reason for the low bpm in mania, it's still not rankable, unfortunately. The bpm can't change between difficulties, as the song doesn't change between difficulties. And yes, even doubling/halving bpm is considered a change. @DJPop: "It has the same effect as x0.01 without red timing and was presented in original version of this song" is this the actually bpm change, or are you only talking about the "freeze"? If it's the former, and it is indeed the official bpm, then all other difficulties must be changed to that. If it's the latter, you'll probably have to replicate it without the use of red timing lines.
[ExtrA]
  1. 00:14:938 (13) - New combo. It's the same as 01:04:911 (1) - , so it doesn't really make sense to do this only at 01:04:911 (1) - , and not here.
  2. Same for 00:17:465 (13) - 00:19:991 (9) - 00:21:254 (13) - 00:22:517 (13) -
[Another]
  1. 00:49:438 (1,2,3,4,5) - Move this closer to 00:49:122 (5) - , and further away from 00:50:069 (1) - , since the spacing right now is opposite of the timing.
[Insane]
  1. 00:14:938 (1) - Sure you don't want to do this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1437848 ? It's consistent with 01:04:911 (1,2) -
  2. Same for 00:17:465 (10) - 00:19:991 (10) - 00:21:254 (9) - 00:22:517 (9) -
[Hyper]
  1. 01:13:595 (1) - Remove NC.
  2. 01:47:227 (2,3) - Change this so slider first, then note? I just like the feel of two sliders after each other, like 01:44:385 (1,2) - and 01:48:174 (1,2) - .
  3. 01:53:069 - Spinner like other diffs.
[Hard]
  1. Still a bit concerned about those doubles in 1/2. They really are pretty tiring compared to Hyper, where you use more sliders. I really think you should change them to http://puu.sh/7DHbi.jpg or similar.
[Normal]
  1. 00:23:307 (1) - Now only normal have these long spinners. I do think it'd be more fun for players to play something, instead of just spinning, so consider mapping this section in this diff as well.
  2. 01:13:280 (1) - ^
[Easy]
  1. 00:58:595 (2) - Move to 00:58:280 - ?
Okay, so the only two things really is the timing and the 1/2 in Hard because of difficulty spread. Other than that, I'm fine with this mapset.
Poke me again when you're finished, and sorry for the looooooooong delay orz.

Edit: Man I think this was moved to graveyard while I was modding.
Asagi Mutsuki

CXu wrote:

lol gg
Topic Starter
AngelHoney

CXu wrote:

A month tardy recheck orz. No kds.
Btw, can you quote this post and tell me what you change, and why you decide to keep what you have? Makes my life easier when rechecking.

[General]
  1. While I understand the reason for the low bpm in mania, it's still not rankable, unfortunately. The bpm can't change between difficulties, as the song doesn't change between difficulties. And yes, even doubling/halving bpm is considered a change. @DJPop: "It has the same effect as x0.01 without red timing and was presented in original version of this song" is this the actually bpm change, or are you only talking about the "freeze"? If it's the former, and it is indeed the official bpm, then all other difficulties must be changed to that. If it's the latter, you'll probably have to replicate it without the use of red timing lines.
waiting for djpop's reply

[ExtrA]
  1. 00:14:938 (13) - New combo. It's the same as 01:04:911 (1) - , so it doesn't really make sense to do this only at 01:04:911 (1) - , and not here.
  2. Same for 00:17:465 (13) - 00:19:991 (9) - 00:21:254 (13) - 00:22:517 (13) -
yes done

[Another]
  1. 00:49:438 (1,2,3,4,5) - Move this closer to 00:49:122 (5) - , and further away from 00:50:069 (1) - , since the spacing right now is opposite of the timing.
done

[Insane]
  1. 00:14:938 (1) - Sure you don't want to do this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1437848 ? It's consistent with 01:04:911 (1,2) -
  2. Same for 00:17:465 (10) - 00:19:991 (10) - 00:21:254 (9) - 00:22:517 (9) -
done

[Hyper]
  1. 01:13:595 (1) - Remove NC.
  2. 01:47:227 (2,3) - Change this so slider first, then note? I just like the feel of two sliders after each other, like 01:44:385 (1,2) - and 01:48:174 (1,2) - .
  3. 01:53:069 - Spinner like other diffs.
all done

[Hard]
  1. Still a bit concerned about those doubles in 1/2. They really are pretty tiring compared to Hyper, where you use more sliders. I really think you should change them to http://puu.sh/7DHbi.jpg or similar.
i think its fine ... and i tried that on kiai part ..and use something different rhythm ( i did some change

[Normal]
  1. 00:23:307 (1) - Now only normal have these long spinners. I do think it'd be more fun for players to play something, instead of just spinning, so consider mapping this section in this diff as well.
  2. 01:13:280 (1) - ^
done..

[Easy]
  1. 00:58:595 (2) - Move to 00:58:280 - ?
done

Okay, so the only two things really is the timing and the 1/2 in Hard because of difficulty spread. Other than that, I'm fine with this mapset.
Poke me again when you're finished, and sorry for the looooooooong delay orz.

TuT; thank you again ..
DJPop

CXu wrote:

[General]

Took from the official O2Jam notechart. osu! doesn't allow BPM 1 so I use 23.75 as the lowest possible.
Since MP3 file in this mapset is recorded with mistake, what I used aren't exactly like image above, but closed.
Akiyama Mizuki
Why graved? This is a great mapset, you should really rank this! Please AHO
Topoalbo
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.