forum

I finally hit 5-digits

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_7198956
After around 4 months of playing, I hit the 5 digit mark. I'll probably be 6 digits tomorrow morning, and this is a very "minor" achievement for some, but this really made my holiday season. I still suck. I'm probably THE worst 5-digit player judging from my solid 87% accuracy and my very low SS, S, and A count, but I made it up here. I'm not sure if I'm ahead or behind in terms of how fast I got up, but I really just want to improve to be able to play 7* decently someday.

In the past, I sucked.

In the present, I still suck.

In the foreseeable future, I will suck just as badly.

But, maybe in the far future, I might be decent.

Nah, that's never gonna happen.

Happy Holidays.

*edit* My account was made a year ago, but I never started playing until around 4 months ago.
Sandy Hoey
Good for you. Happy Holidays :)
N0thingSpecial
Nice

And happy holidays
Luqanted
im still a 6 digit player kill me
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
xd noobs lol
2Beat
Congrats! Happy holidays!

What do you think helped you play 4* maps on your climb?
Xyrus_old_1
#RoadTo4Digits
Edgar_Figaro
Congrats on reaching this goal. Just remember to always keep aiming higher and set new goals. Don't become complacent and see how far your skill can take you!
-Yuni
Great moves Le poi, proud of you, keep it up.

Luqanted wrote:

im still a 6 digit player kill me
play more
chainpullz
Me too soon.
Runiel
I'm happy for you because i know the feeling of finally Reaching the top 100K :D

Keep it up and Happy Holidays~!
B1rd
Well done. You still suck. If you want to get into the illustrious land of 4 digits and beyond, you have to defeat me in a one on one duel. I am the gatekeeper for that realm.
Buster
i can do 1 and 2 digits
BaraWolf
Have fun getting to 4 digits
Endie-

SveltColt332 wrote:

Have fun getting to 4 digits
Getting to 4 digits was easy. 3 digits is something else ._.
BaraWolf

Potet wrote:

Getting to 4 digits was easy. 3 digits is something else ._.
Well easy for you.
purogamesosu
when i reach 6-5 digit on ranks :think:
SunriseAbsence

purogamesosu wrote:

when i reach 6-5 digit on ranks :think:

Probably never, this is impossibru I tell ya.
Alterwin
GG
Vuelo Eluko

P o i wrote:

I'm probably THE worst 5-digit player judging from my solid 87% accuracy

Nope, low acc players are better than high acc ones. Anyone at your rank who has high acc is playing easier maps to get their pp, and getting higher accuracy. They could not possibly be fcing maps as hard as you are fcing and have that acc or they would have much higher pp.

A low acc player generally crushes a high acc player of the same rank in a multiplayer lobby.

Your acc is bad, you are a masher, yes, but I don't believe a high acc player could pull off the plays you did. It's a different kind of skill, but you still earned your rank. Accuracy is overweighted and overrated, imo. Every time a low acc player around my rank joins an MP i shit myself, because I know he's going to be picking and passing 7+ star maps I can't even read and just dab on me repeatedly.

I would gladly trade all my accuracy, which i consider to be my main attribute as a player, for aim and/or speed. 100's don't bother me, being unable to play a map because it's too hard does.
Juuuuuuuuul
5 digits was 2000pp, wow :)

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

A low acc player generally crushes a high acc player of the same rank in a multiplayer lobby.

Around my rank, just hitting 5 digits (around 90k), like what was the op's rank, i just have to pick an AR:8 or an old style map to make these "low acc players" failling or ragequit.
Maybe around 20k rank, they just have to pick HR to win on this kind of maps, idk.
Different people, different skills.
Vuelo Eluko

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

5 digits was 2000pp, wow :)

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Around my rank, just hitting 5 digits (around 90k), like what was the op's rank, i just have to pick an AR:8 or an old style map to make these "low acc players" failling or ragequit.
Maybe around 20k rank, they just have to pick HR to win on this kind of maps, idk.
Different people, different skills.

I just meant in general; if you add up all the star diffs on a 99% acc rank 10k player's top 10 plays and compare it to the total stars on a 95% acc rank 10k player, it is much higher for the 95% player. He played harder maps to reach his rank. If you have a niche skillset that's something else.
Juuuuuuuuul
yes i understand that, and i do not say the opposite, that's not what i mean.
Of course the same pp for two plays, one low acc and one high acc mean the low acc one was a higher star rating.

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Your acc is bad, you are a masher, yes, but I don't believe a high acc player could pull off the plays you did. It's a different kind of skill, but you still earned your rank.

As you said, "different kind of skill", both high acc and low acc players earned their rank, and if both have similar rank, they will have to pick the correct maps (or mod) to win.
And that do not mean one is "better" than the other. They're both playing differently and they both deserved their rank.
Vuelo Eluko

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

yes i understand that, and i do not say the opposite, that's not what i mean.
Of course the same pp for two plays, one low acc and one high acc mean the low acc one was a higher star rating.

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Your acc is bad, you are a masher, yes, but I don't believe a high acc player could pull off the plays you did. It's a different kind of skill, but you still earned your rank.

As you said, "different kind of skill", both high acc and low acc players earned their rank, and if both have similar rank, they will have to pick the correct maps (or mod) to win.
And that do not mean one is "better" than the other. They're both playing differently and they both deserved their rank.

well it'll probably be easier for a low acc player to fc a map that the high acc player can fc, because it's going to feel easier and slower to him than it is to the high acc player since it's beneath his comfort zone. If it does come down to acc instead of combo though, the high acc player will likely win, sure.

I think it would be much harder for the high acc player to fc the harder map than he's used to with any acc, or get as high as a combo as the low acc player. That's all. Aim is the superior skill in multiplayer, especially with scorev1, and low acc means your aim is most likely a cut above the rest for your rank.
Antiforte
Just a reminder, reading skills are more important than any kind of hand/finger control. Low acc players are probably better at denser/faster high-AR maps than high acc players, which gives the former an aim advantage due to better reaction time.

Once you have an anomalous player with superior reading across the board, they have a good chance of trumping low acc players while still having some semblance of accuracy. Then they go derank on tech maps or something
burakku
Necropost.
Juuuuuuuuul
@Vuelo Eluko : Yes,
Aim is strong and can give win regardless of accuracy, i agree with this,
but every skills, if mastered enough may give you an advantage and lead to a win if the correct map (or mod) is picked, if the map need skills that are the weakness of your opponent (unconfortable AR, bpm, speed/finger control, swing, overlaps, 1/3 1/6, etc...).

Keep in mind that i'm speaking about players at around 100k-90k rank, since it's the original topic (hit 5 digits).
High rank players are for sure way more well rounded, even if low acc.

@Antiforte : i agree, reading is very strong and is mandatory for every skills.

edit:
@burakku : yes necropost,
but this is leading to an interesting discuss about multi matchs between similar ranks but different kind of skills players (low acc versus high acc players).
People sharing opinions and experiences, nothing wrong with this.
Only your post saying only "necropost" is useless. :D
DXPOHIHIHI
Have fun having skill blocks
Lights
I don't understand why people insist upon generalizing so heavily. having low accuracy means you arent very good at strictly sticking to a rhythm or are playing rhythms too fast or complex for you. thats all it means. it says nothing whatsoever about your ability to aim, you can aim well and have high accuracy.
Vuelo Eluko

Lights wrote:

I don't understand why people insist upon generalizing so heavily. having low accuracy means you arent very good at strictly sticking to a rhythm or are playing rhythms too fast or complex for you. thats all it means. it says nothing whatsoever about your ability to aim, you can aim well and have high accuracy.

higher acc almost always means less stars in your top ranks compared to a low acc player.
what does less stars mean? Less of a speed/aim component. Rhythm complexity is poorly factored into difficulty if at all last time I checked, either way most people aren't having tech maps on their top ranks.
Lights

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Lights wrote:

higher acc almost always means less stars in your top ranks compared to a low acc player.
what does less stars mean? Less of a speed/aim component. Rhythm complexity is poorly factored into difficulty if at all last time I checked, either way most people aren't having tech maps on their top ranks.

"higher stars" and "ability to aim" do not correlate. besides, if it actually meant your aim was better, you'd still have high acc on harder maps, would you not? "better aim" implies "able to play more aim intensive maps"- i wouldnt consider getting B-ranks to be "able to play more aim intensive maps". your accuracy is just a matter of whether or not you play a lot of maps that are too hard for you
Endaris

Lights wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Lights wrote:

"higher stars" and "ability to aim" do not correlate. besides, if it actually meant your aim was better, you'd still have high acc on harder maps, would you not? "better aim" implies "able to play more aim intensive maps"- i wouldnt consider getting B-ranks to be "able to play more aim intensive maps". your accuracy is just a matter of whether or not you play a lot of maps that are too hard for you

As an acc player I just have to tell you at this point that Vuelo Eluko is correct about this. Accuracy is a unique skill largely unrelated to your aim ability.
My ability to play higher star difficulties is a lot lower than that of many people of significantly lower rank.
There's a very defined limit of aim difficulty I can go for and after that my ability to aim and tap falls off superhard. I like to call this "all or nothing acc" because either I can acc it or not. If I can't aim it, I can't acc it, that's a fact. Conversely it goes up to a point where I have to say that if I can't acc it, I can't aim it. That's how reading works for acc players.
Lights

Endaris wrote:

Lights wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Lights wrote:

As an acc player I just have to tell you at this point that Vuelo Eluko is correct about this. Accuracy is a unique skill largely unrelated to your aim ability.
My ability to play higher star difficulties is a lot lower than that of many people of significantly lower rank.
There's a very defined limit of aim difficulty I can go for and after that my ability to aim and tap falls off superhard. I like to call this "all or nothing acc" because either I can acc it or not. If I can't aim it, I can't acc it, that's a fact. Conversely it goes up to a point where I have to say that if I can't acc it, I can't aim it. That's how reading works for acc players.

I mean, im well aware aim is part of accuracy. My point here, and I'm not sure why this is hard to understand- just because you can barely skate by with an 82% on some aim-heavy DT map doesnt make your aim nutty. Likewise just because you are, anecdotally, below average at playing high star rating maps doesnt make someone who can get a B-rank on those maps better at aiming than you. maybe a little faster, but most certainly not better if they're getting terrible accuracy on their plays. It implies incredibly sloppy play, which as far as I'm aware isn't where the benchmark for "nutty aim" is set. So yes, if you can't aim it, you can't acc it. but if you're getting low acc plays on aim intensive maps, that also would imply you can't aim it and are punching above your weight-class.
Antiforte
Well, the issue here is the clash in standards. You could argue that aim and accuracy are well-tied together, but for most people aim skill and accuracy skill are two entirely different beasts. Under their definitions, terrible acc doesn't exclude a play from being "nutty aim". They would rather argue it's not really a "good play" versus hitting the pattern with high accuracy, which may be what you are referring to.

It's even weirder in this thread because it specifically talks about ScoreV1 ranking, which definitely rewards players who have the aim to keep their combo going. In these cases you really can't refute that prioritizing aim over accuracy will give you an advantage. This is why some players are already arguing that ScoreV1 is bad and should be replaced, but that's a topic for another day.