forum

Can I make my flag not show..? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hushu_old
I don't want people to know the country I am currently living in. In the end, I think it is in a way my choice of if I want others to know it or not...
I have not saw anyone whos flag was not shown yet by not a mean of registration error like in the top thread, so I am not sure if the option exists. Sorry if it does and I'm just spamming... :?
ThunderTopaz
I'm pretty sure you cant turn your "flag" icon off.
Kitsunemimi
You can't, but it really doesn't matter for pretty much anyone. Nobody's going to even look at your flag unless you get a lot more involved in the community, and they won't really do or say anything about it anyways, if that makes you feel any better.
Topic Starter
Hushu_old
I just simply thing that having flag everywhere with you and people asking Bancho! where you live not you is just too much... I think it kind of seperates us as an osu! community to some kind of language groups. Don't I really get a say in if people want to know something to me quite private..?

My origin as well as my religion is only for me to share if I want to, it should never become a must-know to everyone...
Shiirn

Hushu wrote:

I think it kind of seperates us as an osu! community to some kind of language groups.
osu! is already seperated into languages - that's what language barriers are.

Also, mappers can speak to eachother in the universal language of mapping.
ThunderTopaz
besides.
I like talking to people of different areas and see whats happening over there and such.
but like Kitsunemimi said, it makes no difference whether or not people see you flag unless people are actually are that interested about it.... which about 99% don't really say anything about the flags in my opinion
Hernan
Is it just me or is he being way too paranoid?
By the way, if you request this because you have been attacked because of your geographical procedence or religion you should report it. Discrimination shall not be tolerated!!
SapphireGhost
I'm quite concerned about privacy as well, but I don't believe there is too much harm in letting the flag be shown. If you really don't want it there, however, might as well let this topic keep going.
Topic Starter
Hushu_old

Hernancit0 wrote:

Is it just me or is he being way too paranoid?
It is not you. I am awkward, but I still think I should have a right of this even if it is something very stupid to have a right to...
James2250
An odd request but I guess an admin could do it for you if they really wanted to..
peppy
Sorry but you should not sign up for osu! (or anything on the internet) if this bothers you. Will not change.
Jebok_old

peppy wrote:

Sorry but you should not sign up for osu! (or anything on the internet) if this bothers you. Will not change.
lol
Topic Starter
Hushu_old
I don't understand why from all those comments, this reply was the nasties... Anyways, you right, osu! is yours make it what you want it to be. Take control over your child. I'll leave soon~
James2250
Leaving because people know what country you live in....

This information can be found 100 other ways without the flag being there anyway so I really don't see the problem (not to mention not a single person looks at it)