forum

How do i endurance long beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rwyta
I have this issue when i played a beatmap for more than 1-2 min especially if they are fast, I find myself holding the mouse in an uncomfortable position (Kinda like L holding stuff in Death Note)
-Yuni
I go through the same and i've played wayy more than you haha, for more than i try i cannot find a perfect way to completely get rid of that, i'd suggest just fixing your grip when there are long sliders you can either pause or just do it in the moment.
Anarom
Yeah exactly "uncomfortable position"
have it since i ve started becoming an osu rythm champion (damn close to it)
I thought thats because of my wireless logitech which is smaller than...anything probably and wrong grip. And yeah first guy is right 1-2 mins should be fine (i mean just play and at some point u should pass them easily) but 4-5 mins are hell indeed.

I try to reset my grip and mouse position in any break(even rly small) I can or while playing certain patterns(for example my mouse is in top right corner of my mousepad and while playing slider that goes to the bot left i will improve mouse position)

Will be glad to read tips from some expirienced mouse players as well.
Xyrus_old_1
Try picking a spot near the centre of the screen where you leave your cursor at the beginning of every map and during every break. Try sticking with it for a week, if there's no improvement, try a different spot for the next week. Even if you know where the next circle is going to appear, don't be tempted to move over until you're going to click it. This helped me, not sure if it will help you though.

Eventually, you just have to learn to readjust while playing 5+ minute maps though. :(
LaryRose09
That happens to me! Haha, I thought I was the only one.
2 minutes into the map and I find myself holding the mouse really tight, it's really uncomfortable.

Try to rest your hand at least for a bit in every break, that helped me, I hope it helps you :D
Burning-Spirit
Try changing grip on our mouse? I think everyone experiences this when we tense up, especially during streams or jumps.

Sometimes I screw up because the fan blows out the heat of my computer to the left, so my poor pinky finger gets burnt XD
7ambda

LaryRose09 wrote:

2 minutes into the map and I find myself holding the mouse really tight, it's really uncomfortable.
You haven't lived until you've played this map.
[Lethal]

Allmynamestaken wrote:

I have this issue when i played a beatmap for more than 1-2 min especially if they are fast, I find myself holding the mouse in an uncomfortable position (Kinda like L holding stuff in Death Note)
What I've been doing, is When I start to realize I'm holding tight, I wait until I can get a slight moment, or I just tell myself to calm, and I usually rest my arm. But it will happen again. It's just nerves.