forum

[resolved] Osu! won't open/run (repair neither)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akishi
Problem Details:
Hi! My friend is having some weird problem with his Osu! client. It does not open when he tries to open it, not even as administrator.
Earlier this day he could play without any problems, now he got a massage which says: "Osu! stopped working, the windows gathering further informations about the problem. It may take several minutes..." but I link the screenshot what he sent to me.

He tried to run as administrator, tried to launch the "repair" thing which didn't do anything and now it won't open as well. I told him to reinstall it but as he said he can't even delete Osu! from his PC and if he tries to launch the installer it doesn't do anything. He downloaded a beatmap to force Osu! to run but it did not work either. . . The screenshot's lower part says that: "Would you like to send further information about the issue to Microsoft? It can help to solve the problem you have... blablabla" and after he send it, just as always, nothing happens.
We have no idea what could cause this issue. :?:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://scontent.fbhx2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=58549A21

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
Kao
Does he have the latest .NET 4 framework installed?
If possible reinstall .NET framework

By "not being able to delete osu!" What did he mean?
Access denied?
Is he running with an administrator account?
If he already is, try to make another administrator account and try again

Try using the old installer here
https://m1.ppy.sh/release/osu!install.exe

If that still didn't , scan your computer for any viruses or malware and try again
Upskirt
After trying what Kao suggested try moving the game to another folder on the hard drive outside of app data.
Topic Starter
Akishi
Thank you very much for the suggestions guys, but the problem have been solved... somehow.
I mean the next morning when he tried to launch it again the osu! clients opened up and he was in the main menu immediately. He didn't do anything after that night when the issue showed up and the game is works perfectly now :D
AlexaIsDeadUwu
i am also experiencing the same problem as your friend..
Nigrod
Before writing a post, Please look at the date and if it's 1 year+ older then don't post in it. There is also a disclaimer at the bottom when a thread hasn't been posted in a while. If you need help then post a thread.