forum

What is your mindset/thought process while playing Osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2
What is your usual mindset while playing osu!? I have noticed that I tend to do really good when I'm not even focusing on the map, like my brain just goes to auto pilot while I talk to friends, then if I start focusing, I can get >98 percent acc (I'm a noob I know) but then I see a good play incoming and get stressed out and of course choke because I am overthinking. What do you think while playing, or do you?
Xyrus_old_1
Don't think. Push button. I don't believe though.

Sometimes I'll play while being cautious of an area that I regularly miss on and might focus on one hand more than the other, but generally I try to play with an empty head.
Endaris
One circle after the other
mulraf
"Click the circles"......"tothebeat"
[Haku]

Endaris wrote:

One circle after the other
^
DeletedUser_7520443
just make sure your cursor is on the circle before you click
KtkC
Baddie as well, but I also usually perform my best when I'm zoning out and thinking about something else entirely :) and when I focus back on the game I lose my combo. If I zone out through the entire song without getting out of flow I get a surprise FC...

Like I listen to a podcast or something while playing, it's wack. Also only works for relatively easy songs, not ones where I'm straining to clear sequences.

Just don't think about your hand movements too much because overcompensation there==>lose flow
Zain Sugieres
"Don't stress out, don't stress out"
Endie-
i think rohulk made a video about this. It's worth checking out even though its fairly long
here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kp4Oguwrsc
AsyouSaidsir
I think about everything but Osu! when I play
Tamako Lumisade
My mindset?

[trump]make accuracy great again[/trump]
winber1
"i love emilia"
7ambda
dri
Why am I playing this
Myke B
Relax and enjoy the song. Getting into the song, and playing maps I really like help. When you get a max combo going you're pretty much shit outta luck. I still get nervous and choke :)
Luqanted
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp chokes pp pP ASDFJDXRTRZEHGSrOFLN HJBUGSOFBSADFSADF0VSAUDBOJSADOJNASDFGOBASKJFASDFOUBJLADSFASBU0DASDF0GABSUDFKASDOUFBJLFABSUDO JFASDFB SADOF ASDFON ASDF ASDFBOU Aidj AFDGVYA ASDF87RAEKJF ASDFUGBJFM ASDF9OJF ASDFO9H MLF KASDF BAOUSI\AJDSF AEGOFMAEW ASDF P0DSINFO MADSF ASDINPADKMF ASDF\
KALDF PP PP PP PP PP
Spirit_Dreamer
My old and wrong mindset - "I must not miss, I must not miss, I must not miss....."
My new and correct mindset - "na-na-na-naaa-na-na-nya-nya-naaa-na-nya-nya-nya-na-na-nya-nya-nya-wan!"
rekhichem
when I want to fc stuff I m like :" I m the best player evaaaa this game is ez , this map is ez "
rest of the time I m like :"..."
Burning-Spirit
Zoning out only works for songs below my level or those I've played a lot. Maybe I'm just too noob.

I keep my left hand tapping on auto pilot, with the only conscious moment switching from single tap to alternate tap. All consciousness goes into converting the beatmap on screen to the movement on my right (non-master) hand.

For you perhaps it's because you are too tense during gamplay, zoning out solves the problem of being too tense. But perhaps it'll be even better for you to relax yet focus on the game?
DeathHydra
"Why am I still playing this game?"

That's my only thought while playing osu! since months ago.
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2

Burning-Spirit wrote:

Zoning out only works for songs below my level or those I've played a lot. Maybe I'm just too noob.

I keep my left hand tapping on auto pilot, with the only conscious moment switching from single tap to alternate tap. All consciousness goes into converting the beatmap on screen to the movement on my right (non-master) hand.

For you perhaps it's because you are too tense during gamplay, zoning out solves the problem of being too tense. But perhaps it'll be even better for you to relax yet focus on the game?
I have no chill because I care way too much about my trash rank. But good advice.
Topic Starter
Llahmah 2

Potet wrote:

i think rohulk made a video about this. It's worth checking out even though its fairly long
here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kp4Oguwrsc
Thanks for this, nice to hear tips from a pro.
Violet Link
I play a lot better when I focus and avoid every background distraction, and that means not talking to anyone that tries to talk to me.

My thoughts go as follows:
"I want to get more PP just please give me more PP"
"If I miss I have to restart again I just want to FC a song"
*incoherent swearing*

Sometimes I just don't think. Sometimes I don't have any running thoughts about FC-ing or completing a song. And when that point reaches I start to realize that I was holding my breath the whole time.
iadfugh
my thoughts exactly

"if i choke this time im gonna jump out my window"

"i wish i was as good as cookiezi"

"plz giv alot of pp cos pp is life"

i also aint any better even if i focus