forum

ChouCho - Yasashisa no Riyuu

posted
Total Posts
show more
ac8129464363
but it wouldn't be accurate for it to indicate that only I made it, and it wouldn't be accurate to label it like a normal collab diff either. do you have any suggestions that keep the idea?
Topic Starter
pishifat
did everything except the break thing. feels better to not put tension there

and dunno what to use as a diffname for the reasons deetz said :(
Battle
hmm try asking for some opinions from other people, while putting it that way makes sense since pishi just modified some part to make it more in line with 2017 standards, it also just doesn't really sound too appropriate of a name

oh and are you sure you're comfortable with the gap for normal to hard? the normal uses a lot of simplification and has some usage of 1/2 while hard has a lot of consistent 1/2
anna apple
SEMI DEETZ ALL THE WAY
Ashton
the diff name should be called: "deetz' hard" because it was made by him, but just been tweaked. "semi-deetz'" diff sounds awkward.

The diff hasn't been ranked yet, so I'm just gonna guess not many people have the original map. (correct me if i'm wrong)
ac8129464363

CanadianBaka wrote:

the diff name should be called: "deetz' hard" because it was made by him, but just been tweaked. "semi-deetz'" diff sounds awkward.

The diff hasn't been ranked yet, so I'm just gonna guess not many people have the original map. (correct me if i'm wrong)
the tweaks are a lot more major than you might think, and I think that this is important for people to know about the diff. would be appreciated if you guys provided better suggestions that convey this information rather than telling me it's not important.
VINXIS
yea i agree its quite different form the old One.
HootOwlStar
thought that there were similar cases in which some mappers map for relatively small parts in collab difficulties and remain credited, but the current diff naming idea is great nonetheless. don't really see how the current diff name to be inappropriate, it seems fine except the necessity to capitalize the first letter for consistency. or you could try the term refined, but it's just basically like the results of every map after mod applications isn't it. spread should be fine btw. and mayb add AudioLeadIn and disable Widescreen Support.
[normal]
  • mostly suggestions.
  1. rather triggered that notes like 00:03:170 - 00:08:594 - are ignored just to focus on the vocal notes, since the emphasis is implemented on major notes and any ignored beats might cause awkward blanks or even mess up the 1-2-3-4 beat counts in some sections.
  2. 00:33:001 (5) - could be horizontally flipped for aesthetic purpose and better V-flow + 00:49:950 (2,3) - W-flows are always much harsher so https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7166361
  3. 01:04:865 - could be implemented a click there to emphasize the sudden halt
  4. 01:07:577 (1) - not a fan of >3 reverses in lower difficulties since the notes are hard to be interpreted by players and are mostly able to be represented with separate sliders instead.
  5. and the end is different from other diffs
[hard]
  1. 01:25:882 (6) - could consider https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7166217 just for aesthetic purpose
good luck in everything for everyone.
Izzywing
Couldn't you just combine the two mappers' names into one (like pisheetz or deefat or something)?
Battle
How do you feel about just deetz's Hard or deetz's Hard (pishifat edit), at this point if you don't like either I'm fine with the diff name as it is
ac8129464363
the latter seems cool.
Topic Starter
pishifat
SPOILER

HootOwlStar wrote:

thought that there were similar cases in which some mappers map for relatively small parts in collab difficulties and remain credited, but the current diff naming idea is great nonetheless. don't really see how the current diff name to be inappropriate, it seems fine except the necessity to capitalize the first letter for consistency. or you could try the term refined, but it's just basically like the results of every map after mod applications isn't it. spread should be fine btw. and mayb add AudioLeadIn and disable Widescreen Support. pls
[normal]
  • mostly suggestions.
  1. rather triggered that notes like 00:03:170 - 00:08:594 - are ignored just to focus on the vocal notes, since the emphasis is implemented on major notes and any ignored beats might cause awkward blanks or even mess up the 1-2-3-4 beat counts in some sections. but like id rather not put objects for stuff im not followingright
  2. 00:33:001 (5) - could be horizontally flipped for aesthetic purpose and better V-flow + 00:49:950 (2,3) - W-flows are always much harsher so https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7166361 i don't think they look better that way tho :(
  3. 01:04:865 - could be implemented a click there to emphasize the sudden halt the only downbeat not clicked makes it seem more weird imo (which is the goal)
  4. 01:07:577 (1) - not a fan of >3 reverses in lower difficulties since the notes are hard to be interpreted by players and are mostly able to be represented with separate sliders instead. makes it stand out much more than normal sliders tho : (
  5. and the end is different from other diffs shortened
[hard]
  1. 01:25:882 (6) - could consider https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7166217 just for aesthetic purpose doesn't really fit the deetzaesthetic to do stuff like that i think
good luck in everything for everyone. woo
Battle
ok irc'd to fix tag inconsistencies, bubbled
Sonnyc
Normal.
00:05:035 (3) - 00:26:730 (3) - Though these are less noticable nazis, I hope you can make a better spacing.
00:52:662 (2,3,1) - The spacing difference is quite notable. Hope you can make an adjustment here.
01:23:848 (1) - If you remember the last combo color modding, please make the color consistent with 00:11:984 (1).

Hard.
00:36:391 (1,2) - Why the sudden 1.1x?

Poke me.
Ashton
/me pokes
Sonnyc
Nominated.
Fatfan Kolek
that hard name though LOL
Nozhomi
pishifat edit is quite strange as diffname tbh but welp
riktoi
makes more sense this way for what i've read in the thread
Yohanes
I think the official source should be 氷菓 instead of Hyouka. Am I wrong?

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/
http://www.kotenbu.com
alacat
Hey, pishi~

checked the source with KwaN, The source should be "氷菓" or "Hyōka"

Japanese official
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/works/hyouka/
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/

English official
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/en/works/hyouka/

Then, we should use original version in source. So "氷菓" is better on source.

poke me for re-qualify ;)

@Yohanes
Thank you for checking :3
pkhg
the source used to be 氷菓 lmao
id reconsider using pishifat edit its triggering me
alacat
ok, Back~
Monstrata
Questionable rhythm choice in chorus regarding those kickslider > circle usages.

00:59:442 (1,2,3,4) - They follow vocals reasonably well, but then you use 1/2 rhythms like 01:00:628 (5,1) - you suddenly switch to an instrumental layer. The extra click on 01:00:798 - is what causes the focus to shift because it's the only time you click on a note that's not a vocal. You switch back to vocals with 01:00:967 (2,3,4,5) - but then switch back to instrumental for 01:02:069 (6,1) - , etc... It just sounds really jarring. There isn't enough time to switch between layers, nor is there enough time to actually appreciate the instrumental layer mapping because it only occurs for one note before switching right back to vocals. Your point of transition isn't good imo because the place where you decide to do your transition from vocal to instrumental rhythm doesn't actually support both rhythms. Because of that, the transition is forced. Let me explain this better though:
01:04:865 (3,1) - This for example, is much better as a transitionary rhythm between vocal > instrumental. 01:04:865 (3) - Is vocal whereas 01:05:204 (1) - is ambiguous as to whether it is vocal or instrumental. Because it's ambiguous, it allows you to switch to an instrumental rhythm section.
01:07:577 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2) - This is a probably a better example of switching from vocal rhythm to instrumental rhythm, since vocal rhythm still exists. There's enough time to appreciate the instrumental track here. 01:08:086 (1) - Is the transitionary note. It's emphasized by both the vocal and the instrumental track which allows you to shift to the instrumental track appropriately, which you do with 01:08:255 (2) - etc...

So now, going back to places like 01:00:628 - . You can't actually hear an instrument landing here, so this isn't the best place to initiate a switch from vocal rhythm to instrumental rhythm. Not every rhythm needs a point of ambiguity in order for a transition to occur though, so if you feel this place is still a good place to transition then we can probably agree to disagree. However, the fact that the instrumental section only maps one single note is another complaint in itself. Usually you switch layers to highlight a certain melody. I don't think switching layers to highlight a single note is a good reason to switch.

00:54:018 (1,1,1,1,1,2,1) - Cool flows here though ;o.
-Sh1n1-

Sonnyc wrote:

Normal.
00:05:035 (3) - 00:26:730 (3) - Though these are less noticable nazis, I hope you can make a better spacing.
00:52:662 (2,3,1) - The spacing difference is quite notable. Hope you can make an adjustment here.
01:23:848 (1) - If you remember the last combo color modding, please make the color consistent with 00:11:984 (1).

Hard.
00:36:391 (1,2) - Why the sudden 1.1x?

Poke me.
Where is the reply of this mod? all fixed?
VINXIS
theres a 500% chance it was
Topic Starter
pishifat
my explanation probably won't convince you that it's okay, but i'll try lol

vocals are repeating the same thing every red tick, but using 12 consecutive 1/2 sliders wouldn't really show that every measure builds to a climax at the downbeat. to make that clear in the map, there's 1/4 leading to each downbeat. movement wise i tried to keep it clear that vocals are important still by doing something like this where the second 1/2 click (3 in that image/1 for my map) isn't as important as the previous and next objects. i suppose that didn't work for you, which is why this isn't gonna be convincing lol

and yes, i fixed everything from sonnyc's mod. he got kudosu on the first page