forum

[resolved] Error when updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
Problem Details:
So before i update to BETA/Latest version i use Fallback. After the software updated to Beta/latest it always comeback to Fallback and say something like " Error while updating" HELP!
My Graphic Drivers: AMD 760G
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
anyone? -_-
Upskirt
Don't bump the thread.

Got any anti-virus running with a firewall or any other software that could conflict with a game update? Try disabling that then updating.

Give me(In this thread) the full error message and provide the attachment to your update.log, located in your game directory.

Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE

Venzire wrote:

Don't bump the thread.

Got any anti-virus running with a firewall or any other software that could conflict with a game update? Try disabling that then updating.

Give me(In this thread) the full error message and provide the attachment to your update.log, located in your game directory.

http://puu.sh/sOOdX/0b954c42c5.log here's the update.log file
Oh yeah one more thing. the error say something like "authentication while updating" ????
Upskirt
Restart your PC and try updating the game.

If that doesn't work then you'll most likely just have to reinstall your game. You will need to backup any beatmaps, screenshots, replays and skins if you do that.

When you reinstall make sure everything osu! related in the game directory is gone.
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE

Venzire wrote:

Restart your PC and try updating the game.

If that doesn't work then you'll most likely just have to reinstall your game. You will need to backup any beatmaps, screenshots, replays and skins if you do that.

When you reinstall make sure everything osu! related in the game directory is gone.
already doing that. but no change. still have that kind of error is it realted to my graphic cards?
Kao
I don't think reinstalling will help in this case,
as in the log, line 10
12/13/2016 10:15:41 AM: This repair was triggered by an exception: #=qzrudOD5UuUNeBdgbHDXhCp3JUuMqdFDUDdntM5Zll9x3DVMYrITWY0RJmzzzktqK: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
Especially on line 04
12/13/2016 10:15:41 AM: Running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0, 2 core

I don't have much information about Windows NT, but I think it's incompatible with latest, and you'll have to use fallback for osu! to run
On very old PCs, only fallback works for them (such as my old PC)
If possible, try enabling compatibility mode
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, under Renderer, check "Compatibility mode"
Method 2: Shortcut
If you have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, opening that also works.

Method 3: Config Shortcut
If you don't have the "repair osu!" Shortcut, you can create one instead.
  1. Right click osu!.exe > Create a shortcut
  2. Open properties of the shortcut
    1. Select then Alt + Enter or
    2. Right click > Properties
  3. Set Target to ...\osu!.exe -config
  4. Press OK then open the shortcut

Method 4: Text document
You can also force the updater to run by creating a new text document in your osu! folder called "help". Right-click in an empty space in your osu! folder, and choose New > Text Document.

Name it help and then run osu! to start the updater in forced maintenance mode.
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
Hmmm is there any way to update my pc so its not NT anymore? btw i tried method 2-4 and those not work. still doing method 1/ method one i have tried it and the compatibility mode doesnt look like check box but spoiler. and say DirectX and OPENGL
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
ethod 1 result : come back to fallback again.

So i thought maybe my pc is too old. maybe someone can give me how to update my pc?
Arnold0
Windows NT 6.1.7600 is Windows 7... There is no need to update your OS at all.
However, the error "No available GL context found" makes me wonder : Did you install your graphics card drivers correctly ? Are they up to date ?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Update or Reinstall your Graphics drivers.

What OS are you running? (according to your NT String it's either Vista or 7 I think, I don't really know how to read the version numbers tbh.)

It is possible your integrated graphics chipset doesn't support OpenGL. According to your processor, you should be running a Radeon HD 3000 Integrated Graphics chipset, Which supports up to OpenGL 3.3. Idk what osu! GL Version is though. Only way to "upgrade" is to get a better computer (I'm guessing it's a laptop?)
Topic Starter
REUSE-ABLE
Problem Solved:
I had update my graphic drivers and now i can play the latest and Beta one.
THANKS GUYS! :D