forum

[Archived] Multiplayer team vs crash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kokizi
I stumbled at some bug in multiplayer that causes the game to crash or players not being able to ready

Details:
Crash happens in team vs mode
Crash happens when host starts game and at the same time one or more player changes team
If osu! does not crash, then players wouldn't be able to "Ready" and host will lose the leave match button, this can be solved though if someone leaves the room and re-enters

some match logs:
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/732114
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/727840

I tried searching before making this thread btw, if there was something like this reported before. my apologies

I did it a couple of times, to confirm it and I also enjoyed a bit. hope this doesn't get me in an awry situation
ThunderTopaz
can you tell us what you have tried already?
Because I dont want to say anything yet if you have already done it. :?
Topic Starter
Kokizi
What I have tried?

Hmm. I'm not sure what you're asking for :<

I simply just had to change team the moment the host starts a game, was able to do it 4 times myself.
ThunderTopaz

BakaloidSky wrote:

What I have tried?

Hmm. I'm not sure what you're asking for :<

I simply just had to change team the moment the host starts a game, was able to do it 4 times myself.
you know, restarting..... re-downloading.... fixing some settings. What have you tried to far?
Topic Starter
Kokizi
it's not just me who crashes btw, it's almost everyone on the room(if not everyone, one player would remain). anyone who gets to do it on the right timing will be able to pull this off, I think.
ThunderTopaz

BakaloidSky wrote:

it's not just me who crashes btw, it's almost everyone on the room(if not everyone, one player would remain). anyone who gets to do it on the right timing will be able to pull this off, I think.
hmmm..... I wonder if its just a bug in the system?
If so, then I cant do much to help. :o
sorry I cant be of much help to you right now :?
Topic Starter
Kokizi

ThunderTopaz wrote:

BakaloidSky wrote:

hmmm..... I wonder if its just a bug in the system?
If so, then I cant do much to help. :o
sorry I cant be of much help to you right now :?
Only wanted to report this though. Not really troubled with it, in fact I had fun doing it, just thought it'd be pretty useful if someone would know about this.
MDuh
lol bakaloid.. I haven't experience the crash while playing in TNL night.. but this explains why you always change team when all players are all ready XD
peppy
This should be siftered with relevant replication details.