Meah

Zain Sugieres wrote:

Make me a GMT
KatouMegumi
NO! Retire all the GMT!
Hika
stop posting.
Railey2
you either need more people posting, or the people who are already here need to post more quality

recruit new people or encourage old people to post better shit
winber1
redirect all website off-topic links to osugame for maximum cancer
Endaris

winber1 wrote:

redirect all website off-topic links to osugame for maximum cancer
the mastermind
Bweh
Nazi moderation
Topic Starter
abraker

Brian OA wrote:

Nazi moderation
Stafan

Railey2 wrote:

recruit new people or encourage old people to post better shit
You are recruited to the OT Quality Brigade
Bweh
what he did doesn't fall under my definition of nazi moderation
Mahogany
mod me, I'll be totally nazi for you guys
Bweh
It's a moot point; not happening.

Railey has the right idea, but, again, not happening.
EneT
Whatever happened to Mr Color?
Bweh
You mean Cyclohexane
EneT
wat
He changed his name? What an absolute madman
Rilene
I wonder what type of quality do you mean

stupid, stupid or stupid
EneT
abraker, you were never around during a time OT was ever considered decent though...

Topic Starter
abraker

EneT wrote:

abraker, you were never around during a time OT was ever considered decent though...
I do go back and read the ancient scrolls from to time though
Hika
idk the real content is in ITT 1
but ITT 2 is pretty ok too
EneT
This is a thread you'd expect some whiny kid like Sonatora to make.
Bweh
I can see why the subtlety is lost on you. Truth is, the answer he's looking for is building a giant wall and deporting all the newfags and shitposters out of OT.
Topic Starter
abraker

Brian OA wrote:

Truth is, the answer he's looking for is building a giant wall and deporting all the newfags and shitposters out of OT.
One side of the wall will be covered with shitposts so that the newfags will never know what quality is.
winber1

Rilene wrote:

I wonder what type of quality do you mean

stupid, stupid or stupid
or you know, there's actually something called

good quality

but my perception of entertainment is brainless memes so who am i to judge
Bweh
Guy's just making a painfully trite reference to the re-refreshed ground rules.

But hey, I like to think that good, quality content is the kind that will dissuade someone past their usual tedium by making them think or laugh. Something that's, I don't know, funny or interesting, maybe? It'd be a start.
Foxtrot
In my opinion, it seems like OT is trying too hard to be good, and that's why it's getting worse each year. Everything feels kind of forced nowadays. It seems like a lot of users have the pressure of making OT a good place, but at the end of the day, this was meant to be a "hang out" spot instead of... whatever you guy are trying to achieve out of this. In other words, this place needs to calm the fuck down. Just throwing my two cents out there.
Rurree
OT doesn't need to be great.
Jellyblob
x
winber1
making quality content is a skill not an instinct

but the internet is full of memers so there's the problem
KatouMegumi
allow only supporters to post ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Bweh

Foxtrot wrote:

In my opinion, it seems like OT is trying too hard to be good, and that's why it's getting worse each year. Everything feels kind of forced nowadays. It seems like a lot of users have the pressure of making OT a good place, but at the end of the day, this was meant to be a "hang out" spot instead of... whatever you guy are trying to achieve out of this. In other words, this place needs to calm the fuck down. Just throwing my two cents out there.
That is a good point, but that only applies to part of the userbase, which is mostly comprised of bitter oldfags or people that have bought into some utopian view. If things seem "worse" it would only seem that way to someone with that standpoint. At the end of the day, OT is the way it is because it wants to be that way. That's not changing unless something drastic happens.
B1rd
The last problem here is 'people trying too hard to be good'. But trying to artificially create standards is useless anyway because standards naturally result from the userbase. Artificially creating standards will do nothing but alienate people that do not conform to these standards. There is rarely justification for a moderator to use force to censor and mold content to their liking.

A forum benefits from having a core of users who generally post high quality content and discriminate against content that is not high quality. However it also benefits from a regular influx of new users, ideas, and trends, to stop things from becoming stale and repetitive. Moderator action against the 'unwanted' elements of a forum rather than letting the natural social forces do their work would be the way that a forum becomes too insular thus stale and repetitive.
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

But trying to artificially create standards is useless anyway because standards naturally result from the userbase.
the standards that naturally result from the userbase are absolute dogshit though, in fact these forums are a prime example of that

B1rd wrote:

Artificially creating standards will do nothing but alienate people that do not conform to these standards.
this is good, because then you can actually build a ground for discussion instead of having everything be worthless memes and shitposts

B1rd wrote:

Moderator action against the 'unwanted' elements of a forum rather than letting the natural social forces do their work would be the way that a forum becomes too insular thus stale and repetitive.
Actually this keeps a forum alive, and not moderating stuff results it in turning to shit. Example: OT.
Foxtrot

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

But trying to artificially create standards is useless anyway because standards naturally result from the userbase.
the standards that naturally result from the userbase are absolute dogshit though, in fact these forums are a prime example of that

B1rd wrote:

Artificially creating standards will do nothing but alienate people that do not conform to these standards.
this is good, because then you can actually build a ground for discussion instead of having everything be worthless memes and shitposts

B1rd wrote:

Moderator action against the 'unwanted' elements of a forum rather than letting the natural social forces do their work would be the way that a forum becomes too insular thus stale and repetitive.
Actually this keeps a forum alive, and not moderating stuff results it in turning to shit. Example: OT.
And this is why people are trying too hard to come up with original content.
winber1
it's cuz all people know how to do here is argue and shitpost. not that i know better because i don't got time for finding shit. my life's boring yo.

even just sharing images or neat things can make things more interesting. it's not really like you even need to try to make oc
EneT
OT is trash right now because y'all have uninteresting lives, that's all.
DaddyCoolVipper

Foxtrot wrote:

I agree with this very much, although I feel like the "trying too hard" stuff varies depending on the time of the year for some reason
EneT
With B1rd's increase in activity here due to him refusing to go back to tuuba and not enough strong personalities to tell others to calm the fuck down like OT used to have, it's only natural for there to be a sudden influx of arguments. It's what B1rd is good for; questionable views that trigger people and long arguments. My first interaction with him ever was an argument for pete's sake about him claiming the UK was being completely taken over by Muslims.

This however, is better than what ITT was like 6 months ago. Nothing but one word posts and spam from FG losers.
DaddyCoolVipper

EneT wrote:

This however, is better than what ITT was like 6 months ago. Nothing but one word posts and spam from FG losers.
yeah this is what I mean by the type of content changing depending on the time of year

sometimes it's really really bad
EneT
Not including how it is now, summarising how ITT has changed and was like throughout 2016 (since I did take a look from time to time without posting), it's pretty much:
-FG losers start invading since all the strong personalities that used to dissuade stupid posts switched to another site (tuuba).
-Spam, memes and one word posts become the norm.
-Khel who originally left returns to OT because of a random fit, going all crybaby and arguing with B1rd in tuuba
-New people realise how much of a weirdo Khel is and so ITT turns into the 'Let's give attention seeker Khel the attention he so desperately craves' thread
-ITT transitions between one word posts/memes and giving attention to Khel time

So with that being said, ITT as it is now is the best it has been this year.
show more