posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod quick check from my queue~
Easy
  1. The lower diffs look indeed a lot better than I remember them, but there are still slight naziable visuals like blankets slightly off or smth, such as this 00:32:365 (2,3) -the slider 2 is little too curved to look good in the blanket. I hope I fixed it Also 00:37:990 (2,3) - blanket off Fixed
  2. 00:33:115 (3) - ending on strong sound, maybe that could be made clickable? You're right, changed it
Normal
  1. 00:04:615 (2,3) - would play better if these were reversed Changed
  2. 00:16:240 (2,3) - these should prob be stacked It was slighly off indeed, fixed
Hard
  1. 00:28:990 (3,1) - blanket off Fixed
  2. 00:32:365 (1) - lmao nice (going forward looks like you actually used several of these lol)
  3. 01:13:990 (4,1) - should blanket Fixed
Insane+Extra
  1. similar small visual things to fix can be found here as in lower diffs. What's good thought that now these 2 diffs are more clearly different from each other and also relevant as in what kind of patterns they have compared to the other. Insane is still kinda extraish when looking at what kind of patterns you use at places using the uncommon rhythms this song has, but nevertheless it's a lot better distinction than last time I checked. Thanks ! :) I focused a lot on that thanks to you're previous mod. You basically made me remap everything following your recommendations and I think the result is much better thanks to that
  1. Finally to note, you increased notable the amount of rhythmically uncommon sliders especially in the harder diffs, like you have now mapped more of those sounds audible in the song. And thats okay. Remember tho to always check how they play, since having a lot of them can mush the map up playing wise if you don't keep them so that it's easy to read what slider is what kind and thus not confusing. Tho at the same time having more of them makes player more familiar with em ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Those uncommon sliders and uncommon rythms are part of the style I want to give to this map, so that's why I focused a lot on them. Concerning readability I try to be careful but I know I still need a lot of testplays and mod to tell me if there are readability issues somewhere. I'm unable to find them myself as I created the map and know the rythm by heart :p
Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your mods !!! Helped me a lot :)
Renumi
As per the:

Nevo's Group of Modders; (´・◡・`) Modding Queue™

Delivering a long-ish mod for the Easy and Normal difficulties (you only wanted aesthetics mainly but I couldn't help but point out almost everything else).

[ General]
  1. I don't know how comfortable I feel about your metadata; is there a reliable/verifiable source for the artist name and title?
  2. I think Combo Colours '1' and '3' are a bit too alike.
  3. Your timing is a bit off to me, Offset 871 works best for me, but maybe that's just overly personal (while we're talking about mp3; at least cut the outro).
  4. 01:48:865 - Second Kiai should end here and not 01:49:052 - here in Easy.

[ Easy]
  1. 00:03:490 (4,2) - While good in theory, I don't know how well beginner players could read this. There are some instances where this is alright to use (in my own opinion; such as what you did 00:06:490 (4,1) - here), but I don't know how I'm leaning towards this. You want to make this difficulty as easy and simplistic as can be, and I don't think stacks are all that great to use in a difficulty of this skill level, all in all.
  2. 00:03:865 (1,2) - Imperfect blanket.
  3. 00:06:865 (1,3) - Did you mean to stack these?
  4. 00:07:615 (2,3) - Very very small pixel blanket near the sliderend.
  5. 00:08:365 (3,3) - These slider shapes aren't all that visually pleasing to look at, compared to the latter at the very least.
  6. 00:11:365 (3,1) - Where these meant to have a parallel? If so, then they don't really match up well 'side by side' so to say. When doing this you want to make sure what you did matches up well and neat when compared next to each other parallel-wise, which is very lacking here, demonstrated by the extra space in between the sliderheads in comparison to the sliderends.
    This is what you have now
    and this is (more or less) what you want to aim for
  7. 00:17:365 (3,4) - Different sound here; I wouldn't suggest making it 'exactly' to 00:14:365 (3,4) - . I'd use this rhythm instead.
  8. 00:24:865 (1,4,1,1,3) - I don't understand the 'claps' here when every other sound is pretty alike, the only other difference being the chord progression.
  9. 00:24:865 (1,2) - Rhythm here is pretty weird. For example, the transition here from 00:24:865 (1) - this note to the slider is uneasy since you're using different types of patterns for an equally as sound strong. More so; using this, you're missing out on quite a lot of beats that can be easily heard throughout 00:25:240 (2) - this slider. Maybe try using this rhythm instead?
  10. 00:27:115 (4) - This kind of ties in with the previous point; you're skipping over a lot of important sounds here (a good example of this would be the fact that the repeat doesn't land on any important sound; quite literally everything in this tiny section that should be mapped, even in the lowest tier of difficulty).
  11. 00:31:240 (1,2) - Did you also mean to stack this?
  12. 00:38:365 (3) - Whistle on sliderend sounds nice on this, just personal, though.
  13. 00:42:115 (4,2) - Blanket on this feels a tad too tight, compared to your other ones.
  14. 00:45:865 (1) - Give this slider some hitsounds to compensate for the other million sounds going on here as of now.
  15. 00:52:990 (2,3,4) - The parallel line here kills me, and even so I don't see you doing this in any other part of the map, which kinda stands out and looks like the elephant in the room in this difficulty, for me at least. I'd arrange like so, but you don't necessarily have to see from my point of view.
  16. 00:56:365 (3,1) - I'm sure you could find a blanket or a line or something for this, the aesthetics of these two side by side in the editor kills my eyes.
  17. 00:56:365 (3,5) - Don't really like how these almost come into contact with each other; maybe move '2' a bit to the left so you can adjust for a more 'comfortable' placement to '3'?
  18. 00:58:615 (2,4) - Really bad idea to do this in an Easy-level difficulty, like a really bad idea. I recommend to change it to anything else that's not what it is right now. New players can't read overlaps and stacks like this.
  19. 01:00:865 - I don't think anything here really calls for any mapping, but that's really just me.
  20. 01:10:615 (2,4) - Maybe blanket these by bending '2' and making it resemble '1'?
  21. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Swap NC's.
  22. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Why not make '5' flow more into '1'?
  23. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Added suggestion, if you raised '1' more, you could make 01:15:115 (3,1) - and 01:13:615 (1,2) - look as if they were placed centered, playfield wise, which would really fit a map of this style caliber (curvy and linear aesthetics, imo).
  24. 01:13:615 (1) - Why start this rhythm here when it really should be starting 01:12:865 (5) - here?
  25. 01:15:115 (3,4,4) - Again, you could do something more interesting than having the same rhythm repeated four times. There's so much room for improvement (rhythm-wise) here, and you're not really seeing and taking it.
  26. 01:26:365 (3) - Kind of like I pointed out before, no hitsounds on such strong sounds is a good example of bad emphasis.
  27. 01:28:990 (3) - Why not replace this for a 1/2 slider? Even for an Easy, you're allowed to get away with a few fast sliders if it emphasises rhythm correctly.
  28. 01:34:990 (3,4) - Flow here is extremely contradictory to every other flow choice you've had in the difficulty so far (like 00:55:990 (2,3) - and 00:39:865 (1,2,3) -; I could really go on).
  29. 01:36:865 (1,2,3) - You could do something more interesting here with all the beats in the background; this is just pretty poor simplification (maybe with a repeat or something)?
  30. 01:37:615 (2,3,5,6,2,3,2,3,5,6,2,3) - I'd categorise this as a 'diff spike', seeing as this is the only time where you do this, making the difficulty just look unbalanced, and even so, skipping a lot of important rhythms that could and should be mapped here.
  31. 01:48:865 (1) - Lot of heavy beats here. Maybe add a drum sampleset from this point onward?
  32. 01:48:865 (1) - What happened to the Distance Snap here (1.0x to 0.80x). If this was intentional though, please note that most Easy difficulties should consist of one DS; it's a very rare occasion that multiple DS'es should be used in lower tier difficulties, and there are some scenarios that justify this, but seeing how you used it in this song, it really doesn't do it much justice and generally speaking, is a pretty bad idea. So all in all, I'd suggest making it consistent with 1.0x DS all the way through (shouldn't be too hard, right).
Overall, I really like your aesthetics, but the mapping concepts you use to display such are really weird for me.

[ Normal]
I think the SV is quite a step up from Easy's.
Hitsounds in this differ from Easy's too; some examples would be whistles 00:24:490 (3,4) - here.
  1. 00:01:427 - I recommend you map this beat, seeing as how this is a 'Normal' and you can have more freedom over what to do in relation to an Easy (this would apply to wherever else it falls onward).
  2. 00:06:865 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - You could do something else here instead of normal notes. You want to have more density and overall technicality in a Normal than in an Easy; this part just kind of seems like an Easy + more aiming (you want to strive to not do that).
  3. 00:12:865 (1) - Kind of ties in with the point above; you could definitely do something more interesting here, for example, you could map the way more prominent vocals and emphasise that with a slider (hold with the "talking to strangers online-").
  4. 00:12:865 (1,1,1,1) - Yeah, pretty poor rhythm choice in all of these, such as the way these are all set up; this could slide as an Easy with more spacing, which is really bad in a mapset.
  5. 00:20:365 (1) - Weird how you only map this once, making it the odd one out. This is the kind of rhythm you should be using (in my opinion) but it's the fewest you actually... use. I suggest mapping more of these, for reasons which I've explained well above this point.
  6. 00:21:115 (2,3,1) - This is really nice though o:
  7. 00:24:115 (2,3) - This is good, do more of this. It emphasises rhythm well, but I really wish I could say the same for the visual aspect. Maybe make them completely parallel to one another?
  8. 00:27:677 (4) - Add a whistle on this sliderend if you want to be consistent with your hitsounding.
  9. 00:30:115 (3) - Same sound; why not have a clap on both ends?
  10. 00:31:615 (2) - Mistake adding a normal sampleset here?
  11. 00:33:677 - Add a note here for consistency?
  12. 00:46:615 (3) - Remove whistle for consistency here too.
  13. 00:50:365 (1,3,4) - These aren't perfectly in-between if that was your intention, and even so if it wasn't, I think you should make it so since it looks better in terms of aesthetics.
  14. 01:00:865 - I don't think here calls for many sounds to map to, too.
  15. 01:11:365 (1,2,3) - These don't land on anything important, pretty bad rhythm simplification if you were to ask me. I'd change to a rhythm like this.
  16. 01:11:740 (2,1) - If you did the suggestion above, follow this one too, if not then move on to the next one, but I think the very least you could do here is to blanket these, because the way you try to avoid an overlap here leaves not much room for the note to be, looking bad and flowing pretty bad too, overall.
  17. 01:16:990 (4,4) - Why the clap here? Sounds pretty odd; at least have them repeat from sliderhead to sliderend for more emphasis.
  18. 01:30:115 - Highly suggest you map this beat to keep a constant rhythm. The way you stop is pretty bad (likewise to 01:36:115 - ).
  19. 01:36:302 (3,3) - Stack.
  20. 01:49:240 (2,4) - Dangerously close and don't like the flow here. There are a million things you could do here, but maybe place this note next to '3', but still high (like x:365|y:226)?
  21. 01:52:990 (4) - Move more to the left for flow?
  22. 01:54:115 (3) - Normal curve is better and cleaner.
Pretty decent in theory, but I recommend you focus more on the playability aspect of the map, rather than aesthetics.
Sorry for the modwall >.>|||
That's all from me. While I think you did a good job, there's still a lot of room for improvement in such a map. I wish you the best of luck, though (if you need any clarification or more points on the map, feel free to find me and let me know)!
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

Renumi wrote:

As per the:

Nevo's Group of Modders; (´・◡・`) Modding Queue™

Delivering a long-ish mod for the Easy and Normal difficulties (you only wanted aesthetics mainly but I couldn't help but point out almost everything else).

[ General]
  1. I don't know how comfortable I feel about your metadata; is there a reliable/verifiable source for the artist name and title? Only youtube or soundcloud link, but someone told me it wasn't necessary
  2. I think Combo Colours '1' and '3' are a bit too alike. I made the red darker and the orange lighter a bit, hope this is better. I don't want to change them drastically as they are based on background colors
  3. Your timing is a bit off to me, Offset 871 works best for me, but maybe that's just overly personal You're right, fixed (while we're talking about mp3; at least cut the outro). It's like 6secs, I don't think its an issue
  4. 01:48:865 - Second Kiai should end here and not 01:49:052 - here in Easy. Fixed

[ Easy]
  1. 00:03:490 (4,2) - While good in theory, I don't know how well beginner players could read this. There are some instances where this is alright to use (in my own opinion; such as what you did 00:06:490 (4,1) - here), but I don't know how I'm leaning towards this. You want to make this difficulty as easy and simplistic as can be, and I don't think stacks are all that great to use in a difficulty of this skill level, all in all. I changed the entire pattern to avoid this overlap
  2. 00:03:865 (1,2) - Imperfect blanket. It got changed anyway
  3. 00:06:865 (1,3) - Did you mean to stack these? Fixed
  4. 00:07:615 (2,3) - Very very small pixel blanket near the sliderend. I think I fiwed it, not even sure
  5. 00:08:365 (3,3) - These slider shapes aren't all that visually pleasing to look at, compared to the latter at the very least. I don't see why. Not curved enough ? Anyway they seems fine enough for me
  6. 00:11:365 (3,1) - Where these meant to have a parallel? If so, then they don't really match up well 'side by side' so to say. When doing this you want to make sure what you did matches up well and neat when compared next to each other parallel-wise, which is very lacking here, demonstrated by the extra space in between the sliderheads in comparison to the sliderends. Fixed
    This is what you have now
    and this is (more or less) what you want to aim for
  7. 00:17:365 (3,4) - Different sound here; I wouldn't suggest making it 'exactly' to 00:14:365 (3,4) - . I'd use this rhythm instead. I mapped every loud *clap* sound with circles to emphasize them and the relative silence after it. Mapping them as sliders doesn't feel so right I think
  8. 00:24:865 (1,4,1,1,3) - I don't understand the 'claps' here when every other sound is pretty alike, the only other difference being the chord progression. Fixed
  9. 00:24:865 (1,2) - Rhythm here is pretty weird. For example, the transition here from 00:24:865 (1) - this note to the slider is uneasy since you're using different types of patterns for an equally as sound strong. More so; using this, you're missing out on quite a lot of beats that can be easily heard throughout 00:25:240 (2) - this slider. Maybe try using this rhythm instead? You're right about the long slider, I changed it. However, I don't like 1/2 repeat for an Easy, I did this instead (did it the three times it appeared)
  10. 00:27:115 (4) - This kind of ties in with the previous point; you're skipping over a lot of important sounds here (a good example of this would be the fact that the repeat doesn't land on any important sound; quite literally everything in this tiny section that should be mapped, even in the lowest tier of difficulty). Rythm here is 3/4 so I kind of cheat with the repeat as I don't know how to map this differently for an Easy
  11. 00:31:240 (1,2) - Did you also mean to stack this? Fixed
  12. 00:38:365 (3) - Whistle on sliderend sounds nice on this, just personal, though. I think so too :) done
  13. 00:42:115 (4,2) - Blanket on this feels a tad too tight, compared to your other ones. It was. Fiwed
  14. 00:45:865 (1) - Give this slider some hitsounds to compensate for the other million sounds going on here as of now. Done
  15. 00:52:990 (2,3,4) - The parallel line here kills me, and even so I don't see you doing this in any other part of the map, which kinda stands out and looks like the elephant in the room in this difficulty, for me at least. I'd arrange like so, but you don't necessarily have to see from my point of view. Did you redownload the map recently or do you have an older version ? Because I changed the straigh sliders 11says ago after KrastrovLap's mod. Anyway, this is therefore fixed
  16. 00:56:365 (3,1) - I'm sure you could find a blanket or a line or something for this, the aesthetics of these two side by side in the editor kills my eyes. I changed the entire pattern of the four consecutive sliders to avoid this and the overlap between (2) and (4)
  17. 00:56:365 (3,5) - Don't really like how these almost come into contact with each other; maybe move '2' a bit to the left so you can adjust for a more 'comfortable' placement to '3'? Same thing, old version
  18. 00:58:615 (2,4) - Really bad idea to do this in an Easy-level difficulty, like a really bad idea. I recommend to change it to anything else that's not what it is right now. New players can't read overlaps and stacks like this. You're right, I changed the pattern to avoid this
  19. 01:00:865 - I don't think anything here really calls for any mapping, but that's really just me. I think 2/1 beat is a good compromise. There are still sounds to map, I don't want to leave it blank
  20. 01:10:615 (2,4) - Maybe blanket these by bending '2' and making it resemble '1'? Done
  21. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Swap NC's. Fixed
  22. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Why not make '5' flow more into '1'? Agreed
  23. 01:12:865 (5,1) - Added suggestion, if you raised '1' more, you could make 01:15:115 (3,1) - and 01:13:615 (1,2) - look as if they were placed centered, playfield wise, which would really fit a map of this style caliber (curvy and linear aesthetics, imo). The pattern was already simmetrical but not centered, so I translated everything
  24. 01:13:615 (1) - Why start this rhythm here when it really should be starting 01:12:865 (5) - here? I want circles on strong full beats (1 and 3) rather than on weak ones (2 and 4)
  25. 01:15:115 (3,4,4) - Again, you could do something more interesting than having the same rhythm repeated four times. There's so much room for improvement (rhythm-wise) here, and you're not really seeing and taking it. As I said in a previous mod, I under-mapped this on purpose because it's a pre-Kiai section. I want noob players to rest a bit in this map that as no break
  26. 01:26:365 (3) - Kind of like I pointed out before, no hitsounds on such strong sounds is a good example of bad emphasis. Added
  27. 01:28:990 (3) - Why not replace this for a 1/2 slider? Even for an Easy, you're allowed to get away with a few fast sliders if it emphasises rhythm correctly. I wanted to but though it wasn't ok. I'm trusting you on this :p Added
  28. 01:34:990 (3,4) - Flow here is extremely contradictory to every other flow choice you've had in the difficulty so far (like 00:55:990 (2,3) - and 00:39:865 (1,2,3) -; I could really go on). I made it smoother
  29. 01:36:865 (1,2,3) - You could do something more interesting here with all the beats in the background; this is just pretty poor simplification (maybe with a repeat or something)? I know but I don't like 1/2 repeats for an Easy. That's the best I can do to map 1/4th rythm
  30. 01:37:615 (2,3,5,6,2,3,2,3,5,6,2,3) - I'd categorise this as a 'diff spike', seeing as this is the only time where you do this, making the difficulty just look unbalanced, and even so, skipping a lot of important rhythms that could and should be mapped here. It's done on purpose as this is the end of the second Kiai (it's the same intense part in all the diffs). If it's really too difficult for an Easy I can change the patterns a bit though
  31. 01:48:865 (1) - Lot of heavy beats here. Maybe add a drum sampleset from this point onward? Done
  32. 01:48:865 (1) - What happened to the Distance Snap here (1.0x to 0.80x). If this was intentional though, please note that most Easy difficulties should consist of one DS; it's a very rare occasion that multiple DS'es should be used in lower tier difficulties, and there are some scenarios that justify this, but seeing how you used it in this song, it really doesn't do it much justice and generally speaking, is a pretty bad idea. So all in all, I'd suggest making it consistent with 1.0x DS all the way through (shouldn't be too hard, right). You're right, changed
Overall, I really like your aesthetics, but the mapping concepts you use to display such are really weird for me.

[ Normal]
I think the SV is quite a step up from Easy's. I think its ok though
Hitsounds in this differ from Easy's too; some examples would be whistles 00:24:490 (3,4) - here. Yep, they were initialy pretty much the same but I changed a lot of things since then and it introduced a lot of hitsound mistakes I believe. I'll have a closer look later
  1. 00:01:427 - I recommend you map this beat, seeing as how this is a 'Normal' and you can have more freedom over what to do in relation to an Easy (this would apply to wherever else it falls onward). I do map 1/2 beats, especially during Kiai sections, but I think I shouldn't abuse them, especially right off the start of the map in a relatively calm section
  2. 00:06:865 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - You could do something else here instead of normal notes. You want to have more density and overall technicality in a Normal than in an Easy; this part just kind of seems like an Easy + more aiming (you want to strive to not do that). I added 1/2 repeat sliders instead. I don't want to increase the click rate in this part though, as this is kind of the intro
  3. 00:12:865 (1) - Kind of ties in with the point above; you could definitely do something more interesting here, for example, you could map the way more prominent vocals and emphasise that with a slider (hold with the "talking to strangers online-"). (1) is a really loud BOOM sound, I want to map it with a circle for more emphasis. Plus the following (2) slider is held on the vcal "oooooon". I can't really follow the vocals as after (2) vocals are 10 consecutive 1/2 beats
  4. 00:12:865 (1,1,1,1) - Yeah, pretty poor rhythm choice in all of these, such as the way these are all set up; this could slide as an Easy with more spacing, which is really bad in a mapset. You're right, I used 1/2 repeats more consistently to map 1/2 beats
  5. 00:20:365 (1) - Weird how you only map this once, making it the odd one out. This is the kind of rhythm you should be using (in my opinion) but it's the fewest you actually... use. I suggest mapping more of these, for reasons which I've explained well above this point. See above
  6. 00:21:115 (2,3,1) - This is really nice though o: ty :)
  7. 00:24:115 (2,3) - This is good, do more of this. It emphasises rhythm well, but I really wish I could say the same for the visual aspect. Maybe make them completely parallel to one another? I made them parallel
  8. 00:27:677 (4) - Add a whistle on this sliderend if you want to be consistent with your hitsounding. No, I actually put whistle on the 3.5 tempo of every bar, in this case it lands on the sliderhead
  9. 00:30:115 (3) - Same sound; why not have a clap on both ends? I was considering that, I'm not sure about it but I maped it as claps being very regular on every 2 beats to help noob players follow the 3/4 rhythm more consistently, as there is no other audible clue and they might not understand when it goes back to 1/1 beats. Don't know if I'm correct, I might change it later as you said
  10. 00:31:615 (2) - Mistake adding a normal sampleset here? Yep it was. Fixed
  11. 00:33:677 - Add a note here for consistency? Did it
  12. 00:46:615 (3) - Remove whistle for consistency here too. I actually remade the whistle hitsounds in this entire part to make it consistent with the previous one
  13. 00:50:365 (1,3,4) - These aren't perfectly in-between if that was your intention, and even so if it wasn't, I think you should make it so since it looks better in terms of aesthetics. I tried to make it more symmetrical, I hope this is fine
  14. 01:00:865 - I don't think here calls for many sounds to map to, too. I'm mapping the basic rhythm of the song, don't know how to make it more simple without it being boring like only 1/1 circles
  15. 01:11:365 (1,2,3) - These don't land on anything important, pretty bad rhythm simplification if you were to ask me. I'd change to a rhythm like this. I know there is an issue here because the rhythm is actually 1/3 and 1/6, which is impossible to map correctly for a Normal. That's why I cheat a bit with reverse. But I'm pretty sure 01:12:871 (1) - has to be clickable as this is a really strong sound and starts the following rhythm, a sliderend won't do I believe
  16. 01:11:740 (2,1) - If you did the suggestion above, follow this one too, if not then move on to the next one, but I think the very least you could do here is to blanket these, because the way you try to avoid an overlap here leaves not much room for the note to be, looking bad and flowing pretty bad too, overall. I agree with you on the flow of this section with repeat sliders. I tried to make it better but it still feels uncomfortable, I don't know how to improve it more
  17. 01:16:990 (4,4) - Why the clap here? Sounds pretty odd; at least have them repeat from sliderhead to sliderend for more emphasis. It was a mistake, I fixed it on the three sliders
  18. 01:30:115 - Highly suggest you map this beat to keep a constant rhythm. The way you stop is pretty bad (likewise to 01:36:115 - ). You're right, I added a note both times
  19. 01:36:302 (3,3) - Stack. ok
  20. 01:49:240 (2,4) - Dangerously close and don't like the flow here. There are a million things you could do here, but maybe place this note next to '3', but still high (like x:365|y:226)? Changed the placement of the pattern before to have more room to work with. I kept the same kind of pattern but now the angle 3-4-1 isn't sharp anymore
  21. 01:52:990 (4) - Move more to the left for flow? I wasn't able to move left without going out of bounds, so I changed the direction of 01:52:246 (2) - to go directly up and changed the elements after it accordingly. Much better this way
  22. 01:54:115 (3) - Normal curve is better and cleaner. Yeah but the red node slider is here to map the crackling sound. I think it's more interesting
Pretty decent in theory, but I recommend you focus more on the playability aspect of the map, rather than aesthetics.
Sorry for the modwall >.>||| It took me forever to answer it x) That's good though, a lot of improvement were made today :)
That's all from me. While I think you did a good job, there's still a lot of room for improvement in such a map. I wish you the best of luck, though (if you need any clarification or more points on the map, feel free to find me and let me know)! <3 Thanks <3
You clearly put a lot of time into this mod, thank you so much :)
terratropic
hello, from my mod queue
i wont really dive that much into individual mods, i will focus mostly on addressing the main issues here

• General
    1. surprising lack of long sliders, especially in the quiet sections where it needs them most. could be an style or artistic decision, but i dont know
    2. avoid placing objects that barely touch (this is most prominent in hard diff) as it makes patterns look sloppy and unrefined, you should either overlap or space them apart
    3. i dont understand the SV changes in the intro of insane and extra.. it would make sense if you were mapping a sound effect but there's nothing going on here
      (and even if you think there is, how come these timing points aren't consistent with the rest of the map?)
    4. I'd trim the end of the mp3 and fade out, right before the instruments kick in again, it's just weird to hear them after 2 seconds of silence when you already cleared the map

• like i said before, i feel a lot needs to be done in terms of object placement, objects like 01:01:996 (4,1) could be spaced much farther apart to avoid misreading
    00:35:558 (2,3,4) - you could nc these to show the repetition in the vocals, and also make it different from the next combo of circles (if you're going to do this repeat for each diff)
    01:12:308 (3) - idk what this is mapping to, or why it's not in any other difficultys, but i think you should map the kicks here (which is in 1/3 btw)
    like:
    01:23:558 (2,3,4) - again you could nc these
    01:40:621 (6,7,8) - i'd move it to blanket the next slider 01:41:371 (3)
Insane
too close to Extra in terms of structure and star diff (even with cs5 extra is only half a star higher)
and too far from Hard diff, i would suggest you cut down on spacing (like at 01:00:496 (3,4) )and if necessary use 1/4 reverse sliders in place of triples
00:58:621 (7) - slider should be same length as 00:57:871 (3)
01:07:246 (1) - move nc to previous object
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - don't forget, this should be mapped to 1/3
01:21:871 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - pattern is different from extra diff, should be 2sliders-4circles-2sliders-4circles

Extra
01:00:308 (1) - move this nc to previous object
that's all i have for now, good luck!
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

terratropic wrote:

hello, from my mod queue
i wont really dive that much into individual mods, i will focus mostly on addressing the main issues here

• General
    1. surprising lack of long sliders, especially in the quiet sections where it needs them most. could be an style or artistic decision, but i dont know Doesn't feel necessary, especially since quiet section still have regular 1/1 beats which would be weird to map with 4 beats sliders
    2. avoid placing objects that barely touch (this is most prominent in hard diff) as it makes patterns look sloppy and unrefined, you should either overlap or space them apart
    3. i dont understand the SV changes in the intro of insane and extra.. it would make sense if you were mapping a sound effect but there's nothing going on here
      (and even if you think there is, how come these timing points aren't consistent with the rest of the map?) I'm mapping the loud *clap* and *boom* with this. And this is the only part where they seem dominent related to the other intruments so that's why. I might very well be wrong about this though, feel free to suggest an alternative
    4. I'd trim the end of the mp3 and fade out, right before the instruments kick in again, it's just weird to hear them after 2 seconds of silence when you already cleared the map Y'oure the second one to say that so I'll do it (not right now but a bit later). What do you mean by fade out ? the instruments after the end should not be audible ?

• like i said before, i feel a lot needs to be done in terms of object placement, objects like 01:01:996 (4,1) could be spaced much farther apart to avoid misreading idk about this, spacing is regular through the map and the distance seems right with slider velocity and 1/2 timing beat I'll keep that in mind though if someone else points that out
    00:35:558 (2,3,4) - you could nc these to show the repetition in the vocals, and also make it different from the next combo of circles (if you're going to do this repeat for each diff) Interesting idea, I like the concept ad it fits the music. But I'm really not a fan of repeating NC aesthetically speaking. I'll keep that in mind, I might change my mind about it
    01:12:308 (3) - idk what this is mapping to, or why it's not in any other difficultys, but i think you should map the kicks here (which is in 1/3 btw) Yeah it was a mess... Changed it
    like:
    01:23:558 (2,3,4) - again you could nc these ^
    01:40:621 (6,7,8) - i'd move it to blanket the next slider 01:41:371 (3) Done
Insane
too close to Extra in terms of structure and star diff (even with cs5 extra is only half a star higher)
and too far from Hard diff, i would suggest you cut down on spacing (like at 01:00:496 (3,4) )and if necessary use 1/4 reverse sliders in place of triples I did replace a few triplets by repeat sliders in some parts that are less intense. I believe the Extra diff is a little bit underrated because I mainly focused on complex rythm and cursor movement instead of big spaced jumps. If I'm right the actual sifficulty gap between Insane and Extra is bigger than the star rating suggests. I hope I'm not wrong about this though
00:58:621 (7) - slider should be same length as 00:57:871 (3) You're right, changed it
01:07:246 (1) - move nc to previous object Seems weird to have a NC on the last note of a stream though
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - don't forget, this should be mapped to 1/3 I know this is 1/3, but each time I map it as 1/3 I get a mod telling me not to map it this way because it's not readable. The issue is that this is the only part of the song like this, so really unexpected for players. So unless someone gives me the solution to make it readable for 4.5ish players I'll leave it as 1/4th stream
01:21:871 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - pattern is different from extra diff, should be 2sliders-4circles-2sliders-4circles Changed it with reverse sliders like in the Extra. It makes it easier to read

Extra
01:00:308 (1) - move this nc to previous object Done
that's all i have for now, good luck!

Thank you for the mod :)
terratropic
Y'oure the second one to say that so I'll do it (not right now but a bit later). What do you mean by fade out ? the instruments after the end should not be audible ?
it would make more sense if i said 2 seconds of nothing, because it's not really silence at all and i suggested to fade out (gradually lower in volume) this section after cutting the mp3. sorry if i wasnt clear. regarding the cutting and fading out, you can find free online services that do this without lowering the quality of the mp3 but if you're still not sure i'd be ok doing it for you.

i dont know if its just me and possibly the other user that suggested this change, but i find the 'shawwn wasabii' at the end out of place and irritating. :/
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

terratropic wrote:

Y'oure the second one to say that so I'll do it (not right now but a bit later). What do you mean by fade out ? the instruments after the end should not be audible ?
it would make more sense if i said 2 seconds of nothing, because it's not really silence at all and i suggested to fade out (gradually lower in volume) this section after cutting the mp3. sorry if i wasnt clear. regarding the cutting and fading out, you can find free online services that do this without lowering the quality of the mp3 but if you're still not sure i'd be ok doing it for you.

i dont know if its just me and possibly the other user that suggested this change, but i find the 'shawwn wasabii' at the end out of place and irritating. :/
I cut down the end of the MP3 to get rid of the "shaaaawn wasabi" thing. I didn't fade out the instrument at the end because I don't know if it is a real issue. If it is, I would figure out how to do this
RainbowChaos
Sorry this might be a little late but heres my mod
Normal
  1. 00:22:621 (2) Is 1 beat early and add reverse slider at 00:22:246
  2. 01:09:871 (1,2,3,4) remove 2 and 4, extend 1 and 3
  3. 01:51:871 (1) This should be a slider
Hard
  1. 00:32:371 (1) I don't think this should be a slider
  2. 00:34:246 (2,3) Sounds are on the red and white ticks so maybe replace these with 1/2 beat sliders instead
  3. 00:36:121 (1,2,3,4) Try using two sliders here instead
  4. 00:37:433 (3) Why is this not a slider when it is the same sound as the two before it?
  5. 00:38:933 (5,6) Strong sounds are on the white ticks so sliders shouldn't end on these. How you did it at 00:41:933 (5,6,7) is better
  6. 00:46:808 (6,7) These should be a slider
  7. 01:00:121 (3) NC here
  8. 01:06:683 (1,2,3) This doesn't fit the song here. I suggest removing 2 and making 3 into a slider.
  9. 01:35:746 (2,3,4) Sliders should start on the white tick as they are stronger sounds
  10. 01:51:871 (1) This could be a short slider
Good luck with your map and hope this helps in some way.
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

RainbowChaos wrote:

Sorry this might be a little late but heres my mod
Normal
  1. 00:22:621 (2) Is 1 beat early and add reverse slider at 00:22:246 Done
  2. 01:09:871 (1,2,3,4) remove 2 and 4, extend 1 and 3 I don't know, the rhythm would be too simple compared with the intensity of the music
  3. 01:51:871 (1) This should be a slider It is the same sound as 01:48:871 (1) - which is pretty much a sharp instrument sound, a circle fits better than a slider imo
Hard
  1. 00:32:371 (1) I don't think this should be a slider The instrument sound is two 1/4 beats, with the second one clearly less intense than the first. I think a 1/4 slider fits well enough here
  2. 00:34:246 (2,3) Sounds are on the red and white ticks so maybe replace these with 1/2 beat sliders instead I'm mapping the three predominant sounds of the voice here
  3. 00:36:121 (1,2,3,4) Try using two sliders here insteadThe four sounds are basically the same so I prefer mapping them as circles
  4. 00:37:433 (3) Why is this not a slider when it is the same sound as the two before it? You're right, changed it to a slider
  5. 00:38:933 (5,6) Strong sounds are on the white ticks so sliders shouldn't end on these. How you did it at 00:41:933 (5,6,7) is better
  6. 00:46:808 (6,7) These should be a slider Changed it
  7. 01:00:121 (3) NC here Done
  8. 01:06:683 (1,2,3) This doesn't fit the song here. I suggest removing 2 and making 3 into a slider. I did remove 2 but kept 3 as a circle
  9. 01:35:746 (2,3,4) Sliders should start on the white tick as they are stronger sounds
  10. 01:51:871 (1) This could be a short slider Yeah, but a 1/4 slider with this slider velocity looks kind of ridiculous

Good luck with your map and hope this helps in some way.
Thanks for the mod !
Amaikai
Insane
Clean

Extra
Clean playability and aesthetic wise. Have a hitsound mod instead

00:08:933 (3) - Clap
00:09:121 (4) - Clap
00:11:558 (2) - Whistle start+end
00:11:933 (3) - Whistle
00:12:121 (4) - Clap start+end
00:12:496 (5) - Clap
00:12:683 (6) - Clap
00:13:996 (5) - Clap
^ Thought for intensity build up

00:35:371 (1,2,3,4) - Same hitsounds for vocals? Something like

00:35:371 (1) - Whistle + finish
00:35:558 (2) - Whistle
00:35:746 (3) - Whistle
00:35:933 (4) - Whistle
00:36:121 (1) - Clap + finish
00:36:308 (2) - Clap

First kiai hitsounds could be bit more complex. Maybe something like:

00:36:871 (1) - Whistle (sliderstart)
00:37:152 (2) - Whistle (sliderstart)
00:37:433 (3) - Whistle (sliderstart)
00:37:621 (4) - Whistle
00:37:808 (5) - Whistle + Finish
^ For the high pitched sound rhythm.

00:37:996 (6) - Clap
00:38:183 (1) - Clap
00:38:277 (2) - Clap
00:38:371 (3) - Clap
^ For the lower pitched sound rhythm.

01:00:308 (2) - Whistle to match 01:00:683 (4) - ?

From my Q
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda
I actually didn't put that much effort to hitdound this map with precision, so a hitsound mod is welcomed

Amaikai's mod

Amaikai wrote:

Insane
Clean

Extra
Clean playability and aesthetic wise. Have a hitsound mod instead

00:08:933 (3) - Clap Done
00:09:121 (4) - Clap Done
00:11:558 (2) - Whistle start+end Done
00:11:933 (3) - Whistle Done
00:12:121 (4) - Clap start+end Only at the start as the end sound is much weaker
00:12:496 (5) - Clap Already there
00:12:683 (6) - Clap Done
00:13:996 (5) - Clap Done
^ Thought for intensity build up

00:35:371 (1,2,3,4) - Same hitsounds for vocals? Something like

00:35:371 (1) - Whistle + finish Done
00:35:558 (2) - Whistle Done
00:35:746 (3) - Whistle Done
00:35:933 (4) - Whistle Done
00:36:121 (1) - Clap + finish Done
00:36:308 (2) - Clap Already there

First kiai hitsounds could be bit more complex. Maybe something like:

00:36:871 (1) - Whistle (sliderstart) Done
00:37:152 (2) - Whistle (sliderstart) Done
00:37:433 (3) - Whistle (sliderstart) Done
00:37:621 (4) - Whistle Left it as a clap
00:37:808 (5) - Whistle + Finish Done, but only the whistle
^ For the high pitched sound rhythm.

00:37:996 (6) - Clap Done with Normal sample
00:38:183 (1) - Clap Done with Soft sample
00:38:277 (2) - Clap Done with Soft sample
00:38:371 (3) - Clap Done with Drum sample
^ For the lower pitched sound rhythm.
That's the sample choice that sounds best to me, correct me if you think differently

I repeated this through the entire Kiai and also added some to the second to stay consistent

01:00:308 (2) - Whistle to match&nbsp;01:00:683 (4) - ? Already there

From my Q

Thanks a lot for the mod :
udon337
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Insane
00:00:871 (1,2,3,4) - Could make it a trapezoid (Excepting the slider tail and end) but idk
00:02:371 (1,2,3) - Can't tell if this a straight line
00:24:121 (5,6) - Make spacing bigger because this
00:39:683 (1,2,3) - Guess you just don't want double digit combos? nc should be on 3 not 1
01:51:683 (1,2,3) - ------------------------------------------------------------^^^ (I might have missed some that were like this because I've been having a hard time focusing today, but ya)

Extra
00:16:996 (5,1) - I feel like there should be a circle in between these two
00:42:871 (1,2) - Wat flow?
00:59:371 (1) - Randomly curved while others are red-anchor-pointed
01:06:871 (8,1) - nc should be on 8 not 1
01:54:121 (5) - This slider has so much potential to be cool and interesting, but......

Cool map br oooo
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda
Miko's mod

[Miko] wrote:

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Insane
00:00:871 (1,2,3,4) - Could make it a trapezoid (Excepting the slider tail and end) but idk I moved (1) a bit to the right, looks better
00:02:371 (1,2,3) - Can't tell if this a straight line Pretty sure it is
00:24:121 (5,6) - Make spacing bigger because this This is a 1 beat mapping a quieter part, compared with the 1/2 gaps before, so shorter spacing is made on purpose
00:39:683 (1,2,3) - Guess you just don't want double digit combos? nc should be on 3 not 1
01:51:683 (1,2,3) - ------------------------------------------------------------^^^ (I might have missed some that were like this because I've been having a hard time focusing today, but ya) They are all over the place durin Kiai actually.I do not like having two combos colors in a triple stack so that's why. At least I mapped it consistently though the map. If that's really an issue I could change it later

Extra
00:16:996 (5,1) - I feel like there should be a circle in between these two I'mmapping the instrument rather than the voice on this part
00:42:871 (1,2) - Wat flow? I flipped the (2), makes the flow more consistent with the other similar parts
00:59:371 (1) - Randomly curved while others are red-anchor-pointed Yep, changed it
01:06:871 (8,1) - nc should be on 8 not 1 Same as for the Insane, it looks ugly to me
01:54:121 (5) - This slider has so much potential to be cool and interesting, but...... I changed it to ... something.

Cool map br oooo Thanks :)

Thank you for your mod ! :)
AlphaDude95
Hello there!

NM from the queue: t/601442&start=0

Extra
00:11:371 (1,2,3,4) - Consider using appropriate distance snapping, maybe polygon circles could work too
00:14:558 (2,3) - Slider length might confuse the player here as it is similar to the intro
00:14:746 (3,4,5) - ^ with distance snapping
00:16:996 (5) - Missing clap hitsound
00:18:496 (6) - This beat would be more fitting for a slider
00:19:246 (2,3,4) - Use an equilateral triangle
00:24:496 (6) - A different slider shape could be used to represent difference between this and the previous' slider's sounds
00:27:871 (1) - Blanket 00:27:402 (4)'s tail? - could be used for the whole section if you decide to use it and you'd have to redo the back-forth jumps
00:38:371 (3) - Starting combos on downbeats would be better in this case
00:32:371 (1) - A sound that stands out, could use a different shape from the others in this section
00:39:121 (6,7,8) - Remake to be equilateral
00:40:433 (5,6) - Unreadable 1/4 (decrease DS, it could be confusing as the other jumps there are similar in spacing)
00:42:683 - There's a beat here that should definitely be mapped since this is the top difficulty
00:47:652 (5,6,7) - That seems like an unbalaced DS as well
00:51:121 (6,7) - The first highlighted note should be more spaced compared to the second one since there's a stronger beat on it
01:07:996 (3,4,1) - You changed the spacing all of a sudden
01:29:183 (1,2,1) - I'd use stacking here since the music stops for a little while
01:54:121 (5) - Use a reverse on this slider?

Insane
00:20:371 (1,5) - Overlap
00:20:746 (3,6,7,8,9,10) - These collide, move stream away a bit?
00:32:371 (1) - 1/4 slider would fit more imo
00:39:121 (6,4) - Overlap's off by a tiny bit
00:41:183 (1,2,3,7) - Overlap
00:42:683 - Again, missed a beat
00:44:933 (3,6) - Move the circle a bit away for a clean blanket
00:48:121 (5,1) - Overlap?
00:49:808 (5,6) - There's a triple here
00:54:496 (8) - A 1/4 slider here (or a 1/4 return slider)
00:58:902 (8,5) - These collide
01:11:558 (2) - Place between 01:10:996 (3,4)
01:16:996 (4,2) - These also collide
01:18:121 (3) - Use a different shape for the beat?
01:25:621 (4,4,5) - Overlap
01:34:996 (5,3) - Another case of collision
01:35:746 (2,1) - ^
01:36:683 (4,2,3) - Overlap's slightly off
01:54:121 (5) - Reverse?

I modded the Extra first, Insane might feel rushed, sorry about that!

Since you asked me to prioritize the higher difficulties I'm not gonna do lower as I suck at modding low '

Good luck!
Avenora
Hello from my mod queue
Burnt Rice ayy

Extra
Generally I see some minor spacing inconsistency mostly affecting aesthetics rather than gameplay.

00:05:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - What I see is that you introduced clock-counter-clock flow before this pattern, so I feel like this one should be counterclockwise flow too. But if you don't want to change the direction of the flow, Ctrl+G on 00:05:746 (3) - instead because it breaks flow
00:13:621 (4,1) - I suggest overlap 1 with 4's head (I kinda like subtle aesthetic choices).
00:21:121 (5,1) - ^
00:56:652 (4) - Tilt slightly and make it end where previous 6 was. Same reason as above.
(I can kinda see you were going for a triangle pattern there. Tilt the whole triangle if you wish to apply this part but don't want to destroy the pattern.)
00:57:496 (8,4) - Bad overlap
01:00:121 (1,2,3,4,1) - Spacing differs between 1-2 and 3-4 while I don't think the music changed intensity that big. I suggest make a star pattern with these notes with 4 being placed at (361,74) for that subtle overlap
01:07:996 (3,4,1) - Can see that you used sharp angle (triangle) to indicate 1/2 spacings before this. Yes, this has a slight angle to indicate same thing, but I feel like this should also be sharp angle for consistency
01:11:746 (3,4,5) - All NC to tell it's 1/3 rhythm looks better to me
Insane
Felt a bit undermapped, will point out the places. (Small sliders don't affect difficulty that much, do they?)

00:06:496 (5,2) - Bad overlap
00:23:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why isn't this star pattern? Kinda breaks expectation :/
00:38:746 - There's a distinct drum sound here. Change 4 to a slider ending here instead.
00:41:746 - ^
00:44:746 - ^
00:48:683 - Similar reason as above, but make a triple starting from 5 leading to 1
00:50:746 - same as the previous arrows
00:53:652 (4) - Change to 1/4 repeat slider maybe? Similar reason as above
00:54:496 (8) - 1/2 slider, maybe? there's a dragged out sound here
00:56:746 - previous arrows
00:58:996 - ^
00:59:933 (5,3) - bad overlap?
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This part has 1/3 (or 1/6) rhythm, why not map it like Extra?
01:25:152 (2) - 1/4 instead of this because there's a drum sound on white tick and no sound on blue

Somebody once told me Insane shouldn't be undermapped. I just applied that logic to this diff.
Hard
00:13:996 (4,3) - bad overlap
00:24:121 (4) - ugly blanket
00:25:996 (4) - ^
01:42:683 - I suggest a triple here
01:48:683 - ^

That's all from me. Sorry if my mod sounds inconsistent at times. Good luck :)
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

AlphaDude95 wrote:

Hello there!

NM from the queue: t/601442&start=0

Extra
00:11:371 (1,2,3,4) - Consider using appropriate distance snapping, maybe polygon circles could work too Changed it to a triangle with constant distance snap with the previous circle
00:14:558 (2,3) - Slider length might confuse the player here as it is similar to the intro Higher SV is introduced by longer spacing and 00:13:621 (4) - already, plus snappy sliders was what I was going for here
00:14:746 (3,4,5) - ^ with distance snapping Right, reduced the spacing to x1.9. Did the same for similar parts after
00:16:996 (5) - Missing clap hitsound Added. Did the same for similar parts after
00:18:496 (6) - This beat would be more fitting for a slider I don't really see why, plus it would make it inconsistent with the rest
00:19:246 (2,3,4) - Use an equilateral triangle I think I fixed it
00:24:496 (6) - A different slider shape could be used to represent difference between this and the previous' slider's sounds I see why, but I tend to limit the use of unique shape sliders through the song for visual consistency
00:27:871 (1) - Blanket 00:27:402 (4)'s tail? - could be used for the whole section if you decide to use it and you'd have to redo the back-forth jumps I don't see a reason to, and I like the backward flow of this part
00:38:371 (3) - Starting combos on downbeats would be better in this case I know, but two combo colors in a triple seems too gross in my eyes
00:32:371 (1) - A sound that stands out, could use a different shape from the others in this section Agreed, I made the angle much sharper, I think it represents the sound better indeed
00:39:121 (6,7,8) - Remake to be equilateral I think I fixed it
00:40:433 (5,6) - Unreadable 1/4 (decrease DS, it could be confusing as the other jumps there are similar in spacing) Reduced it
00:42:683 - There's a beat here that should definitely be mapped since this is the top difficulty Can't really hear it compared with the instrument sounds
00:47:652 (5,6,7) - That seems like an unbalaced DS as well Reduced it a bit, but the snap here is intended because supported by the more intense music I think
00:51:121 (6,7) - The first highlighted note should be more spaced compared to the second one since there's a stronger beat on it Done
01:07:996 (3,4,1) - You changed the spacing all of a sudden Higher spacing between 3 and 4 was unintended, I changed it. I kept the higher spacing between 4 and 1 though
01:29:183 (1,2,1) - I'd use stacking here since the music stops for a little while You're right, changed it
01:54:121 (5) - Use a reverse on this slider? 1 beat slider feels better

Insane
00:20:371 (1,5) - Overlap Fixed
00:20:746 (3,6,7,8,9,10) - These collide, move stream away a bit? I moved the sliders away a bit
00:32:371 (1) - 1/4 slider would fit more imo Agreed, changed it
00:39:121 (6,4) - Overlap's off by a tiny bit Done
00:41:183 (1,2,3,7) - Overlap Fixed
00:42:683 - Again, missed a beat Background noise not really audible
00:44:933 (3,6) - Move the circle a bit away for a clean blanket Done
00:48:121 (5,1) - Overlap? Fixed
00:49:808 (5,6) - There's a triple here I'd rather map only the instrument here, the drum is bearly audible
00:54:496 (8) - A 1/4 slider here (or a 1/4 return slider) Added a 1/4 slider
00:58:902 (8,5) - These collide Fixed
01:11:558 (2) - Place between 01:10:996 (3,4) Done, also moved (4) a bit to put it between
01:16:996 (4,2) - These also collide Fixed
01:18:121 (3) - Use a different shape for the beat? I'like the symmetry of that pattern
01:25:621 (4,4,5) - Overlap Fixed
01:34:996 (5,3) - Another case of collision Fixed
01:35:746 (2,1) - ^ Fixed
01:36:683 (4,2,3) - Overlap's slightly off Ok
01:54:121 (5) - Reverse? A 1 beat slider seems more proper for this

I modded the Extra first, Insane might feel rushed, sorry about that!

Since you asked me to prioritize the higher difficulties I'm not gonna do lower as I suck at modding low It's fine don't worry :) '

Good luck! Thanks ! :)

C-Yuyuko wrote:

Hello from my mod queue
Burnt Rice ayy

Extra
Generally I see some minor spacing inconsistency mostly affecting aesthetics rather than gameplay.

00:05:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - What I see is that you introduced clock-counter-clock flow before this pattern, so I feel like this one should be counterclockwise flow too. But if you don't want to change the direction of the flow, Ctrl+G on 00:05:746 (3) - instead because it breaks flow Yep, changed the direction of the slider
00:13:621 (4,1) - I suggest overlap 1 with 4's head (I kinda like subtle aesthetic choices). Done
00:21:121 (5,1) - ^ Done
00:56:652 (4) - Tilt slightly and make it end where previous 6 was. Same reason as above. Done
(I can kinda see you were going for a triangle pattern there. Tilt the whole triangle if you wish to apply this part but don't want to destroy the pattern.)
00:57:496 (8,4) - Bad overlap Fixed
01:00:121 (1,2,3,4,1) - Spacing differs between 1-2 and 3-4 while I don't think the music changed intensity that big. I suggest make a star pattern with these notes with 4 being placed at (361,74) for that subtle overlap I hope I fixed it
01:07:996 (3,4,1) - Can see that you used sharp angle (triangle) to indicate 1/2 spacings before this. Yes, this has a slight angle to indicate same thing, but I feel like this should also be sharp angle for consistency Good catch, I changed the position of 4 to sharpen the angle, moved 1 accordingly to keep the proper alignment
01:11:746 (3,4,5) - All NC to tell it's 1/3 rhythm looks better to me Agreed
Insane
Felt a bit undermapped, will point out the places. (Small sliders don't affect difficulty that much, do they?)

00:06:496 (5,2) - Bad overlap Fixed
00:23:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why isn't this star pattern? Kinda breaks expectation :/ One circle got moved by mistake, fixed
00:38:746 - There's a distinct drum sound here. Change 4 to a slider ending here instead. You're right, done
00:41:746 - ^ Done
00:44:746 - ^ Done
00:48:683 - Similar reason as above, but make a triple starting from 5 leading to 1 I feel like mapping the stop of the most intense instruments is more important than mapping the background tics
00:50:746 - same as the previous arrows Done
00:53:652 (4) - Change to 1/4 repeat slider maybe? Similar reason as above Done
00:54:496 (8) - 1/2 slider, maybe? there's a dragged out sound here Added a 1/4 slider
00:56:746 - previous arrows Done
00:58:996 - ^ I'm leaving this one as it is to stay consistent with patterns surrounding it
00:59:933 (5,3) - bad overlap? Fixed
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - This part has 1/3 (or 1/6) rhythm, why not map it like Extra? It first was mapped like in the Extra, but mods told me to change it to 1/4 streams for playability sakes as this is the only 1/3 pârt of the song and thus really unexpected
01:25:152 (2) - 1/4 instead of this because there's a drum sound on white tick and no sound on blue You're right, fixed it

Somebody once told me Insane shouldn't be undermapped. I just applied that logic to this diff.
Hard
00:13:996 (4,3) - bad overlap Fixed
00:24:121 (4) - ugly blanket Fixed
00:25:996 (4) - ^ Fixed
01:42:683 - I suggest a triple here Added
01:48:683 - ^ Added

That's all from me. Sorry if my mod sounds inconsistent at times. Good luck :) Thanks !

Thank you both for you're mods, really appreciate it 8-)
Baack
Hello from my queue!

Extra
00:44:183 (1,2,3,4) - Try to put the start of 4 on top of 6.
00:53:933 (6,7,8,9) - Uneven spacing.
00:24:496 (6) - Maybe Ctrl + G here, so it fits the flow and emphasized more the next note.
01:06:121 (3) - The stream could start here and then you could change the stream into a repeating slider.

I'm sorry it's such a small mod, just this is COMPLETELY not my style of mapping, and I find the song... well, weird. :oops:
Good luck to ya!
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

Forzaken4K wrote:

Hello from my queue!

Extra
00:44:183 (1,2,3,4) - Try to put the start of 4 on top of 6. I kept 4 were it was for the blanket, but moved 6 on its head
00:53:933 (6,7,8,9) - Uneven spacing. It's done on purpose for this part
00:24:496 (6) - Maybe Ctrl + G here, so it fits the flow and emphasized more the next note. I like the idea, done
01:06:121 (3) - The stream could start here and then you could change the stream into a repeating slider. There aren't really sounds to justify the stream to start earlier

I'm sorry it's such a small mod, just this is COMPLETELY not my style of mapping, and I find the song... well, weird. :oops:
Good luck to ya!

Thanks for the mod
bite you death
from super duper mega awesome queue

red text = unrankable

• general
  1. work on your stacks and blankets, please

easy
  2. this diff feels cramped and very dull, the map just feels like its the same, 1/1 sliders and circles everywhere
  3. 00:14:371 (3,3,3) - these are too hard for easy diff, new players wont know how to do these sliders, change to 1/1 sliders
  4. 00:33:871 (5,1) - swap nc
  5. 00:35:371 (3,4) - no need for the 2nd slider here, maybe change 3 to 4/1 slider like this
  6. 00:57:871 (1,2) - don't make overlaps in easy difficulty unless the object you're overlapping has fully faded out, this is unrankable
  7. 01:00:121 (4) - same here
  8. 01:12:871 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - very dull, try to add a few more objects here
  9. 01:21:871 (1,2,3,4) - make this like 00:33:871 (5,1,2,3) -
  10. 01:28:996 (3) - 01:34:996 (3) - try to avoid 1/2 sliders in easy unless the bpm is really low
  11. 01:30:871 (1,3) - unrankable overlap
  12. 01:30:871 (1,3) - stack
  13. 01:42:871 (1,4) - unrankable overlap
  14. 01:44:371 (4,1) - unrankable overlap

hard
  15. i dont usually mod hard but there are some very questionable things in here
  16. i am not a fan of the kicksliders in this diff, imo you overuse them
  17. 00:35:371 (1,2,3,4,1) - uneven spacing wise, only by like .05 ds but still noticable
  18. 00:39:683 (1,2,3) - ??????
  19. 01:03:402 (4,5) - why is this .1 less ds than surrounding objects?
  20. 01:23:933 (4,1) - ugly overlap
  21. 01:23:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - (1,2 at first and then 1) inverted ds from 00:35:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - (1 at first and then 1,2)
  22. 01:48:871 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - uneven ds

insane
  23. the whole diff just feels as hard but with bigger spacing until 00:47:558 (2) - where it suddenly gets more dense for no reason, consider balancing it out
  24. 01:05:371 (1,3) - blanket
  25. 01:06:121 (3,1,1) - stack
  26. 01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - this is 1/3 not 1/4
  27. 01:21:871 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - overmapping, especially 01:22:246 (2,3,4,5) -, all repeatsliders would've been fine
  28. 01:51:121 (5) - this should be spaced more, like 01:52:621 (6) -
not modding extra cause this song gave me a headache, gl
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda
Mod

bite you death wrote:

from super duper mega awesome queue

red text = unrankable

• general
  1. work on your stacks and blankets, please

easy
  2. this diff feels cramped and very dull, the map just feels like its the same, 1/1 sliders and circles everywhere It's an Easy though
  3. 00:14:371 (3,3,3) - these are too hard for easy diff, new players wont know how to do these sliders, change to 1/1 sliders You're right, I changed them with 1/1 sliders and added two more circles at 00:15:496 (5) - and 00:18:496 (5) - because it became too repetitive
  4. 00:33:871 (5,1) - swap nc Fixed
  5. 00:35:371 (3,4) - no need for the 2nd slider here, maybe change 3 to 4/1 slider like this There is a noticeable sound at 00:36:121 (5) - which is worth mapping
  6. 00:57:871 (1,2) - don't make overlaps in easy difficulty unless the object you're overlapping has fully faded out, this is unrankable Fixed
  7. 01:00:121 (4) - same here Fixed
  8. 01:12:871 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - very dull, try to add a few more objects here That's the calm part before the second Kiai, I want to keep it simple for contrast sake
  9. 01:21:871 (1,2,3,4) - make this like 00:33:871 (5,1,2,3) - I I changed the first slider into two circles, but I'm keeping the reverse
  10. 01:28:996 (3) - 01:34:996 (3) - try to avoid 1/2 sliders in easy unless the bpm is really low I think they are followed by a long enough gap to make it acceptable
  11. 01:30:871 (1,3) - unrankable overlap Fixed
  12. 01:30:871 (1,3) - stack Fixed
  13. 01:42:871 (1,4) - unrankable overlap Fixed
  14. 01:44:371 (4,1) - unrankable overlap Fixed

hard
  15. i dont usually mod hard but there are some very questionable things in here
  16. i am not a fan of the kicksliders in this diff, imo you overuse them
  17. 00:35:371 (1,2,3,4,1) - uneven spacing wise, only by like .05 ds but still noticable Fixed
  18. 00:39:683 (1,2,3) - ?????? I don't get it
  19. 01:03:402 (4,5) - why is this .1 less ds than surrounding objects? Fixed
  20. 01:23:933 (4,1) - ugly overlap Fixed
  21. 01:23:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - (1,2 at first and then 1) inverted ds from 00:35:371 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - (1 at first and then 1,2) Changed 01:24:121 (1,2) - to 1.2 and 00:35:371 (1,2,3,4) - to 1.1
  22. 01:48:871 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - uneven ds I put everything at x0.8

insane
  23. the whole diff just feels as hard but with bigger spacing until 00:47:558 (2) - where it suddenly gets more dense for no reason, consider balancing it out
  24. 01:05:371 (1,3) - blanket Fixed
  25. 01:06:121 (3,1,1) - stack Fixed
  26. 01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - this is 1/3 not 1/4 I'm aware of this, I'mkeeping it in the back of my mind ready to change it if necessary to something similar to Extra, but it hurts readability a lot as this is the only 1/3 section of the song
  27. 01:21:871 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - overmapping, especially 01:22:246 (2,3,4,5) -, all repeatsliders would've been fine Changed the four 1/4 by two 1/2 sliders
  28. 01:51:121 (5) - this should be spaced more, like 01:52:621 (6) - Done
not modding extra cause this song gave me a headache, gl

Thanks for the mod :D
bite you death

Greedy_Panda wrote:

[*] 01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - this is 1/3 not 1/4 I'm aware of this, I'mkeeping it in the back of my mind ready to change it if necessary to something similar to Extra, but it hurts readability a lot as this is the only 1/3 section of the song
make it a slider or something, this is definitely 1/3 and mapping 1/4 isnt following the music, thus unrankable 99% sure it is atleast
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda

bite you death wrote:

Greedy_Panda wrote:

[*] 01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - this is 1/3 not 1/4 I'm aware of this, I'mkeeping it in the back of my mind ready to change it if necessary to something similar to Extra, but it hurts readability a lot as this is the only 1/3 section of the song
make it a slider or something, this is definitely 1/3 and mapping 1/4 isnt following the music, thus unrankable 99% sure it is atleast

Ok i'll change it, I'll figure out the proper way to do this
Gordon
Heyo. Sorry for the wait. From my modding queue!

Easy

The rhythm is too dense for an easy try move longer sliders and longer reverse sliders. Needs less notes and more sliders

00:12:871 (1,2) - Shift (2) a little to the right. Isnt fully centered on (1)'s curve
00:15:871 (1,2) - ^
00:38:371 (3,1) - Overlap
01:03:121 (4,1) - Shift to center
01:06:121 (4,1) - Just check for all of these things for all of the patterns like this

Normal

Remember players doing normals and easys are still trying to grasp the concept of sliders this map could be a little more simplified. There are also some overlapping objects that shouldn't really need to.
01:06:121 (4,1) - Fully blanket

Hard

A lot of slider shape inconsistency. Having the same slider shapes for your curves and red anchored sliders. Also watch again on the overlap of objects. For reminder this is an overlap 01:34:621 (6,1) - . A slider into a note is fine for overlap cause it is done quite a bit.

Insane

Again slider inconsistency.
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - This section is in 1/3. I know a lot of other people brought this up already but you are at the point where Hard+ people can handle more rhythm changes.
01:47:933 (6) - NC
01:54:121 (5) - Not a slider shape I'd end my map on IMO. Doesn't really look cool

Extra

Against sliders never look the same. If you want to have a clean map use the same slider shapes. 3 or 4 at most.
00:46:433 (5,6) - Sections like this is stretching the impossibility of people actually making it. Bring the pattern closer together. Of all parts doing this.
01:30:307 (2,4,2) - Overlap lots of overlap. Check your patterning to eliminate it. Makes the map clean.
01:54:121 (5) - Play with so more shapes.

Good luck with your set.
mmatt
Why is this not ranked!
Topic Starter
Greedy_Panda
Mod

Xoul wrote:

Heyo. Sorry for the wait. From my modding queue!

Easy

The rhythm is too dense for an easy try move longer sliders and longer reverse sliders. Needs less notes and more sliders I d'ont really agree with that, I think the rythm is light enough for an easy through the map

00:12:871 (1,2) - Shift (2) a little to the right. Isnt fully centered on (1)'s curve Done
00:15:871 (1,2) - ^ Done
00:38:371 (3,1) - Overlap Fixed
01:03:121 (4,1) - Shift to center Fixed
01:06:121 (4,1) - Just check for all of these things for all of the patterns like this Fixed some

Normal

Remember players doing normals and easys are still trying to grasp the concept of sliders this map could be a little more simplified. There are also some overlapping objects that shouldn't really need to. I fixed some bad overlaps
01:06:121 (4,1) - Fully blanket Fixed

Hard

A lot of slider shape inconsistency. Having the same slider shapes for your curves and red anchored sliders. Also watch again on the overlap of objects. For reminder this is an overlap 01:34:621 (6,1) - . A slider into a note is fine for overlap cause it is done quite a bit. I fixed a few ugly overlaps

Insane

Again slider inconsistency.
01:11:746 (3,4,5,6,1) - This section is in 1/3. I know a lot of other people brought this up already but you are at the point where Hard+ people can handle more rhythm changes. I changed it to something similar as in the Extra
01:47:933 (6) - NC Fixed
01:54:121 (5) - Not a slider shape I'd end my map on IMO. Doesn't really look cool Don't know what to do here, any suggestion is welcome

Extra

Against sliders never look the same. If you want to have a clean map use the same slider shapes. 3 or 4 at most. I have something like 7 or 8 different sliders copy/pasted through the map, which is justified due to the variety of sounds of the music
00:46:433 (5,6) - Sections like this is stretching the impossibility of people actually making it. Bring the pattern closer together. Of all parts doing this. Disagree, counter flow is less spaced before to prepare for the snap which is here to represent the music
01:30:307 (2,4,2) - Overlap lots of overlap. Check your patterning to eliminate it. Makes the map clean. Done
01:54:121 (5) - Play with so more shapes. I'll try

Good luck with your set.

Thanks for the mod
pimp
general

1. there is a video available for that song that is the same length and totally SFW, since you are not using a sb you should definely use the video. the option to download a no-video version is always available for the players who don't care about video, so you should include the video for the ones who likes them. if you agree about using the video i can get if for you.
  2. i'm not sure, but i doubt that these weird sounds at the end of the mp3 file are actually part of the song (looks like using the audio from the youtube video). they sound weird and doesn't looks like you gonna map them so why not cut it? (i can also cut the mp3 and the video if you agree)
  3. your current bg is not really interesting, try to use something more appropriate for the song.
    this one is waaaay more fitting to the actual lyrics and it's the artist himself in the bg this would work well with that song too:
  4. please use muted sliderslide custom hitsound. very annoying especially in the 12 sec intro
  5. 00:12:308 - until 00:24:683 - please... PLEASE map the vocals here were it's most relevant, the song gets very repetitive and the lyrics are all on white and red ticks so it would still be following the instruments accurately.
easy

remove that green timeline before the red timeline, yes just remove because you are not using sv change so you simply don't need it.

normal

00:04:621 (2) - very noticeable distance difference between previous/next. quick fix: hold ctrl and press down to move it to x484 y172

hard

1. 00:13:246 (2,3,4) - you are making those spacing differences too often so i'm assuming it's intentional. unless you make the spacing difference to be more noticeable it's a really bad idea imo.
  2. 00:20:371 (1,2,3,4,5) - some of your spacings are a total mess
  3. 00:33:683 (4) - this can't be intentional
  4. 00:57:871 (3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) - i don't agree with the patterns used in this part. while the 1st and 2nd combos are mapping the same sounds, you didn't really used the same patterns (unlike all the other diff's). instead you decided to make the 2nd and 3rd combo to have identical patterns and shape, it wouldn't be a big deal if the 3rd combo actually supported the pattern, but it doesn't, there is no sound at 00:59:558 - so it's basically overmapping.
insane

i think you could make this diff look much better considering that the extra is way more polished

00:11:558 (2,3,4) - stuff like that should be avoided, don't like that weird spacing changes, looks worse with that linear flow. seems like you making it intentionally bad?

extra

mostly fine considering that the stuff that i don't like seems to be made intentionally

the map definely deserves a star if you fix most of these stuff.
mmatt
Hard
00:55:996 (5,1,2,3) - Feels like the stack is offbeat
01:26:183 (1,2,3) - x2 ^

thats my 2 cents, im not a mapper just a player, just noticed these things while playing and wanted to note
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.