Garalulu
who?
ggsnipess
¿oɥʍ

aitor for spain carry
juankristal
and here I am, wondering if we will even hit 20 teams XD
aitor98

Already noticed Loctav about the lack of players in 7K last year and gave him a solution that could be modified for the good of everyone. The idea had some issues tho, but still could be worth for everyone. Anyways, this tournament is already condemned and we are going to see the same countries in the final, semi-final stages. I would like to cheer for USA and Thailand because I guess these are the only ones with a chance to do something in this tournament. A lot of people might think indirectly like me, Korea has almost all the chances to win this tournament and I don't really mind that, they're just playing like another country would do, but still It's pretty boring to almost predict who is going to be the winner of each tournament.

I guess there's nothing we can do now with the tournament, but I still think that making a suggest thread wouldn't be that bad at all. Also, I guess the osu standard players staff doesn't have the enough knowledge about the osu!mania community, specially about the 7K community, that is even much smaller than the 4K one and mostly filled by asian people. I see that there are a few o!m players in the staff, such as Halogen, Juan, ET Blocko, Kami, Evening, and Daiky but still, It wouldn't be that bad to the community to lend a hand, isn't it what we do with all the other stuff? With that I mean beatmap modding, feature requests, and so.

Considering this opinion for a bit shouldn't hurt too much, am I right?

Thanks.
Noderum

aitor98 wrote:

I would like to add to this because I think it's an important issue that isn't being taken into consideration. No offense to Loctav or anything, he's an amazing individual for organizing all these tournament and so consistently but I would unfortunately like to believe that he completely missed the point aitor was trying to address. Loctav is not wrong for saying that 7K has plenty of players and in a sense it does but the problem lies in aitor wording that loctav, which I have to assume misread.

"The thing is that a lot of countries doesn't have alot of 7K players". Aitor as far as i've understood it which I agree upon is that the distribution of players is severely uneven globally. There are 16 players in the top 100 that is not Asian. 4 out of these 16 are European. There's no doubt that 7K is heavily concentrated in Asia, specifically in few individual countries such as South Korea. However it is extremely lacking in some countries, which is something loctav hasn't comprehended. Spain, where aitor is from has one player that is maining 7K. Denmark as I've heard is lacking players, Croatia which has the 90 highest ranked players on the leaderboard... is lacking players and the list goes on and on and is quite frankly too big for this reply.

In conclusion not every country can assemble a 6 roster line up, in fact they can barely assemble a line up that can participate in the tournament. Merging countries would enable a full team roster to happen while also making it more competitive by getting the best players that wouldn't otherwise be able to compete. Because one has the understand that aitor's suggestion is only a suggestion to make the 7K tournament more competitive, more excited by bringing the best players together which will make it more competitive and overall better in my honest opinion.
ReTLoM
yeah so true :/ Austria(where they speak german) only got a few player nova_97, MeowMeow Meow who are playing 7k as far i know :!:
Nakatoru
Hoping that Venezuela can be in this time!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki has been updated with first rosters!

We would like to inform all of you about a new tournament schedule. Due to a low amount of teams in this competition, the Round of 16 will not take place and we will jump from Group Stage to Quarterfinals right away. The tournament will therefore be one week shorter. Please check https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/MWC7K_2017#Tournament_Schedule for details!

In contrary to upbrought suggestions of compiling countries together to achieve a higher amount of teams, we scanned the entirety of participants if this would be a viable options and came to the conclusion that this would result in even less teams to participate, unfortunately.

Please keep in mind, that we also adjusted the size of the pools and winning conditions for the respective stages according to this truncation of an entire stage.
projectc1
only 14 team ???

wow ;;

(also if they somehow accept the affiliate country idea, does that still count as world cup ? )
(just a question, its not like object that idea at all cuz more registration more fun tornament of course)
ReTLoM

projectc1 wrote:

only 14 team ???

ohhh thats how it looks when we have plenty of 7k players KAPPA :)

nah i guess a lot of them are missing like Korea i cant imagen no one of the top 100(Korea) submitted
juankristal

I dont know but I feel this happens all the years guys. There wont be only 14 teams, still waiting for some more.

Also projectc1, the idea wasnt accepted because we figured out that we would get less teams that way. In any case, if that happens someday (hopefully not and I believe it will never happen) we will see that day.
ReTLoM
List is still INCOMPLETE. Please give it a bit of time to finalize

is now missing :O
Nakatoru
I know it, and it's really making me nervous :(
Nohii
i want to join
im registered
sorry im late
Trilobite
So only 16 teams this year, and here I was hoping I would finally get a chance to be in it :/
Well I guess good luck to the countries that are participating :)
Kephin
it's a bit sad indeed to see less teams participating this year

Italy was listed on the confirmed roster, but then got replaced by Malaysia. Anyone got information what happened?
ggsnipess

Kephin wrote:

it's a bit sad indeed to see less teams participating this year

Italy was listed on the confirmed roster, but then got replaced by Malaysia. Anyone got information what happened?
gonna assume malaysia had a better performance last year, so they decided to replace them with these guys, but even malaysians have no clue what happened to the team
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki updated with all teams now. let's not be too sad about the low amount of teams, because the 16 teams are still strong and the tournament is going to be exciting nontheless!
projectc1
rip italy for being forgotten
CanadianTaco
this mwc is a joke
Lapis-
7K is just not as popular as 4k and thats a fact unfortunately which leads to these suitations
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki updated. (and yes, my notification PM has the wrong header, lol)
-Konner-
living in the past
zhuodonglaihaha
VOS、canmusic、o2jam, 7K IS popular in asia,And we know almost all of the best 7k players are asian..
lenpai
we o2jam now
Febrimillia-Kun
Hype Indonesia ^^ o/
farxhan
Want to see.. (ノ ̄ω ̄)ノ
Alwaysyukaz
Hype!!!!!!
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki is updated!
Topic Starter
Loctav
jeez, doublepost
wiki updated!
Topic Starter
Loctav
ain't it quiet here. updated the wiki!
Evrien
Feeling like this is gonna go down to Korea vs China again in the GF, and Korea definitely looking stronger than last year. I'm expecting some good stuff this weekend!
juankristal
*makes noise*
Azucchi
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki updated! grand finals wooo!
Kephin
battle of the gods
pretty much interesting since both teams are better than last years'
sweetbravery
revenge
Mipha-