forum

A Poll for Class: Where do you buy things online?

posted
Total Posts

So then! Where do you buy things online?

iTunes
4.08%
eBay
23.47%
Other (please specify on topic)
22.45%
Steam
24.49%
Amazon
25.51%
Total votes: 98
show more
those
Troll and Toad for TCG stuff. Other than that, eBay.
Vext_old
Play Asia sometimes but typically Amazon has the best prices for what I'm getting when you factor in shipping speed/fee.
Cuddlebun
amazon's pretty amazing for my textbooks, other than that I don't really shop online
Daru
Amazon, Newegg, Steam, Woot, and TigerDirect are where I shop, usually.
If there's something cool on deals.woot, I may buy somewhere else, but that's not too often.

Also, asking a community of relatively tech-savvy gamers where they shop online is selection bias if I've ever seen it.
Nharox
German & british Amazon and Steam.
arne439
I buy stuff from http://www.webhallen.se and http://www.tradera.com (Swedish auction site owned by Ebay).
Nekoroll
Amazon and Steam primarily. Amazon's return policy is amazing from my experience so I keep using it for general purchases.
Topic Starter
Lilac

Daru wrote:

Also, asking a community of relatively tech-savvy gamers where they shop online is selection bias if I've ever seen it.
It's either that or you ask your year level who don't shop online. At all.

Either that or it'll just be Steam or PSN. Hurr.
Mara
I can't buy anything online right now, but I have asked from a friend to buy me stuff on STEAM. (I pay back)
Kurowolfe
I use Mudah.my, Malaysia's local eBay-style site for some of the gadgets that I've bought in the past.
I did use eBay once to buy an electronic component that my team needed for our third-year project in bulk from a supplier in the U.S. , since it's not available here. Got quite a deal too, but that was basically it.
dNextGen
xsrsbsns
I've only ever used Amazon and eBay, but only on hard-to-get items that I'm very desperate for, since shipping cost to my place is normally huge.
Shiro
eBay (very rarely), amazon and priceminister
Topic Starter
Lilac
Well, I handed in the work today so the poll is officially useless, but feel free to keep talking about this!
Xswordy
JoeJev
I buy a lot of things on Newegg (IE: all the parts for two computers, mice, tablet, anything hardware related) and my video games on steam.
Ikillforpies
newegg/Tigerdriect for computer stuff
Runningwarehouse for running stuff
blissfulyoshi
Whatever place slickdeals recommends xD.

Tend to be Amazon since there is no tax, but then again, amazon is not that cheap usually.
roleykatsu
I ticked iTunes as one of the services; mainly because the App Store is owned by Apple iTunes. Yes, I buy apps from the app store instead of jailbreaking any iOS device because I respect the developers behind the apps and would like to donate to their epicness even though 85% of the purchase goes towards Steve Jobs' pants. Also, the preceding sentence was false. I just buy a lot of stuff from there since I was gifted >$50 in iTunes Credit.

Music-wise, LOL no.
Ekaru
I buy stuff from Nexon America! :D Yes, I'm a sucker.

My bro does Amazon quite a bit. My parents also order things like peanut butter, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. from an online site.
shinn_old
I usually use Taobao (one of the biggest online shopping site in China) and Yahoo Auction HK (For some old stuff).
Xyrenus
cafepress D: