forum

Recovering From Triplets

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar
Ive had this problem for ages now and it pisses me off when i lose combo due to it. I can hit triples pretty easily when they stand alone of when the last one is a slider, however, when theres a triple and then a jump, then i cant seem to recover from the triple in time to hit the jump. I play with a and s as my clicking keys, and i would usually go a s a and then try to hit the next one with a, which is just too slow sometimes. I cant alternate, ive tried it and it doesnt work out very well for me unless i can interpret the nodes as streams rather than jumps. Is it normal to go a s a and then hit the jump with s, so alternating the jump, or am i just slow and need practice?

It really isnt anything major for me, but i just wanted to hear if anyone else have the same problem as me, and as mentioned earlier, its really annoying to lose your combo due to this stupid little thing. Furthermore, this happens mostly when i get nervous and my fingers start locking up. Ive had somewhat of the same problem with streams, where my fingers simply lock up if i think the stream is too fast for me, so maybe its something mental about interpreting whether or not i can hit those fuckers.

EDIT: This doesnt happen at every triple, its just a usual way for me to lose my combo
Mir
To be honest, the easiest way is z x z and then hit the next with x for me. But then again, I fully alternate.

For single-tapping, I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you learn to do triples as z x z > x z x > z x z (basically alternate triples) you'll have an easier time playing them.

This map and diff has a lot of triples, and could serve as a practice map for you.
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar

Mir wrote:

To be honest, the easiest way is z x z and then hit the next with x for me. But then again, I fully alternate.

For single-tapping, I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you learn to do triples as z x z > x z x > z x z (basically alternate triples) you'll have an easier time playing them.

This map and diff has a lot of triples, and could serve as a practice map for you.
I agree, maybe i should look into learning to alternate, it just seems weird for me to do so as my singletap is already pretty fast and i think of alternating more as streaming rather than jumping. Thanks for the map, ill check it out.
-Makishima S-
IMO depends on playstyle, i am used to very fast "zxz" all the time, yet it is not 100% accurate for me since sometimes i tend to use xzx, depends on situation.
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar

[Taiga] wrote:

IMO depends on playstyle, i am used to very fast "zxz" all the time, yet it is not 100% accurate for me since sometimes i tend to use xzx, depends on situation.
Agreed, it depends on the situation, im just not used to alternate like ver, so i wanted other people's opinion on what to do and whats the easiest way of clearing those bastards.
PinkNightmares
Play more, you eventually get used to it.
KupcaH
Yes, it's normal to do triple a s a and then hit next note with a. I'm single tapper and I'm always playing this way. But actually, rn I have problems at high AR (>10) because I just cannot press triple z x z and then hit note with z. I'm either getting 100 or a miss. :c But I guess it just takes time to get gud at that.
DeathHydra
I'm a single-tapper and I always hit triples with zxz and then hit the jump with z. I never have problems with it to be honest.
Intelli
This is a problem that is really solved by experience. I'm a singletapper, and I had the same problem as you, until I got more comfortable with streams and fast-tapping jumps. DT is really helpful in training this out.

P.S. The patterns you are referring to are triples, not triplets. Big difference.
Jukkii
i am a singletapper i singletap with k1, but i do triples as k2 k1 k2 and then hit the note after with k1, unless the next pattern is any 1/4th pattern, as i start all 1/4 patterns using k2 (doubles go as k2 k1, and so on forth). it has helped me alot and i suggest you try it
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar

Intelli wrote:

This is a problem that is really solved by experience. I'm a singletapper, and I had the same problem as you, until I got more comfortable with streams and fast-tapping jumps. DT is really helpful in training this out.

P.S. The patterns you are referring to are triples, not triplets. Big difference.
Ill correct that
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar

-Jukke- wrote:

i am a singletapper i singletap with k1, but i do triples as k2 k1 k2 and then hit the note after with k1, unless the next pattern is any 1/4th pattern, as i start all 1/4 patterns using k2 (doubles go as k2 k1, and so on forth). it has helped me alot and i suggest you try it
Thats interesting, ill try to expreiment with that a bit
Topic Starter
iBoughtWinrar
If you need reference, this map contains a lot of those triples: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/541392 - Toumei Elegy