forum

Pokemon Move: Ohsu Regional Games

posted
Total Posts

Look at page 5 for an update with a question.

Thanks! I posted my answer.
16.67%
I'm not going to vote.
33.33%
ok.
50.00%
Total votes: 6
show more
Starrodkirby86
Oh, neato ~

What really gives me some minor cringes is how sometimes the dialogue gives some sort of inconsistency with its punctuation, or lack thereof in this case. I guess that's the same bit with the other fan fiction, but regardless!

Whenever I'm included in there, Xero, feel free to call me Kirby, SRK, or Starrod to make things easier on you. ;)
Quaraezha

ddrXero64 wrote:

Cool Trainer - Quaraezha
It's funny 'cause my name was derived from the Pokemon "Rayquaza"

Also, this

BakaloidSky wrote:

it should be Gar Trainer, believe me
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Chapter 1 is up. I like to put chapters into sections, and sometimes mini trilogies. But these sections have no set amount of chapters, so I'll just label them as parts. Each part has a common theme, or something to build towards. I have an idea for now, so it's going to be called the Ohsu Thrashers.

Sinistro wrote:

Maybe Forum Games is more appropriate for it...
To be honest, it really isn't a game. But since it's here, I might as well make it more community involved. This is going to restrict my writing a lot, but I think I'll try it out. My first time doing this, so I'll think of some ways to involve people more. Mini polls, etc. Remember though, this story revolves around the community. Just post like you usually do, and be yourself. I tend to pull random stuff out of what's happening and sneak it into the story.

There a lot of hidden references, which is the fun part for me. Muziek is Dutch for music, so it's safe to assume this region is in Europe. Because of this, I mentioned a passport in Chapter 1. That's why I would need one. Ohsu is self explanatory. Another reference was the clock on the boat. If you guys remember the Kanto region, you'll remember how sleeping on the cruise ship would make the ship arrive at its destination in the game. I poked fun at this by going to sleep and waking up two minutes later at the region. 4chan Foods was an obvious reference, and the name of the city (Vocarock City) gives a hint that the region has a lot of musical foundation. Furret is my favorite pokemon, just so you know. The point is if you spot something that you wonder was put there intentionally, ask. It most likely was, the point of these stories is to put the community in it.

animask wrote:

I want to be a Pokemon Ranger~

They own soooo bad. They could destroy a pokemon if they wanted to. They can break boulders and just tear up shiz.
Done, but don't expect to jump into the story quickly. I'm trying to introduce people quickly, but I'm used to introducing 1-2 people at a time. But yea, good stuff.

Pokebis wrote:

Requesting E-Hooker and Cuddlebun to be put back in.
I'll be offended if you don't.
They seem to be getting more offended than you. I don't need any other drama here, so I took them out. If they really are bothered, they don't need to be in it. I'm not here to start some forum drama.

Edit: E-Hooker is fine, I think it was DeathxShinigami that had a problem. Cuddlebun was taken out too, and won't be put in by request. E-Hooker is in though, can't wait to introduce her. :P

BakaloidSky wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

Cool Trainer - Quaraezha
it should be Gar Trainer, believe me
...fine lol. I'll go back and fix it. Don't even know what Gar means..? Sense of humor, psh. :P

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Oh, neato ~

What really gives me some minor cringes is how sometimes the dialogue gives some sort of inconsistency with its punctuation, or lack thereof in this case. I guess that's the same bit with the other fan fiction, but regardless!

Whenever I'm included in there, Xero, feel free to call me Kirby, SRK, or Starrod to make things easier on you. ;)
Perfect, it's hard using usernames with a lowercase letter too. I think I'll be capitalizing names like that only if they're at the beginning of the sentence, like numot. Every other time it will be lowercase to keep it consistent with the forum. If you want a nickname or prefer me to call you something else, let me know. Genders would be nice to know as well, because I don't know many people. I'll assume a male gender for anyone I don't really know in that sense.

As for the grammar, I type these in notepad. That being said, it's hard for me to proofread there. But when I post the story I read it over and over. I read the prologue 3 times already, and edited it 10+ times to fix minor mistakes. I just edited it an hour ago because I saw that Chapter 1 inside the spoiler box wasn't bold. If you see any mistakes, let me know. I'll fix it, I'm a bit of a grammar and spelling nazi, so I don't take offense at all.

Wow...I think that's it. Gotta go to work soon, but enjoy Chapter 1. I wrote it just now because I was bored :P

Quaraezha wrote:

It's funny 'cause my name was derived from the Pokemon "Rayquaza"
lol good thing I read this before I made the first chapter XD
Pokebis

ddrXero64 wrote:

I type these in notepad
But why?
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Pokebis wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

I type these in notepad
But why?
Something I've done for a long time. I have access to a lot of info easily that way. When I was handling money at my old site, I had like 10 different secure sites with account info and things like that. I have so much info and documents I write it keeps me organized. I have work schedules, video links I need, image links for my stories, to do lists, and a lot more. Let me get a pic...

(5 minutes later)

There you go. This is only the "pkmn story" portion of my notepad documents. But I have a LOT of other stuff, some confidential, some for my personal life, others that I could probably delete. I've been keeping records of things for a long time, it's a habit I picked up from a friend I made on SMO a long time ago.
Mashley
You type too much
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Mashley wrote:

You type too much
We've covered that. I could easily say you guys type too little, but the majority of people type less than me. I'm proactive unlike a lot of people.
maal

ddrXero64 wrote:

Mashley wrote:

You type too much
We've covered that. I could easily say you guys type too little, but the majority of people type less than me. I'm proactive unlike a lot of people.
I am starting to love you already. no homo.
Sleep Powder

ddrXero64 wrote:

Mashley wrote:

You type too much
Title: Social Norms of osu! Forums

Also, thanks for adding me :)
Vext_old
Vext needs to be a naughty nurse real bad.

Haneii
Good story so far :)

Looking forward to the next chapter >w<
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Emaal wrote:

I am starting to love you already. no homo.
Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, I don't give gay members a hard time...no homo. :P

Vext wrote:

You're not a female...are you? You can be a cross dresser if that's what you mean...but no crossing the gender barrier sorry.

Haneii wrote:

Good story so far :)

Looking forward to the next chapter >w<
Hm, maybe I can type one up in the morning before work. I've never busted out so much fiction this fast though, I'm usually not very motivated. The stress from the other forum was probably the reason, I've been writing a lot more lately. But yea, I'll let you know when it comes out! If I could write what was on my head magically, the story would be on its 20th chapter by now haha.

Edit: I replaced the fiction in my signature with a link to this thread since it seems I'll be doing a lot of writing here.

Edit 2: I deleted this post and reposted it to avoid double posting, but it's a significant update.

I typed up Chapter 2 now, it's just to provide me a bridge from Chapter 1 to the (hopefully) small climax in Chapter 3. As fun as it is to write this it's still a story, and it needs some depth. So many references I'm encouraging you guys to find by the way. The thing is, when I type these I have ideas for future chapters already, and I tend to put subtle foreshadows in early chapters to foreshadow a chapter up to 6-7 chapters away. I work with what I have, so cliffhangers and weird clues are what I like to leave behind.

Numot has Camerupt because it's the evolve form of Numel. Not that I had to, but I'll say now that he will have a second pokemon later on. It'll be Swalot. You can see it's a play on his username. Every pokemon is usually chosen for a good reason, even if it's not obvious now. I put a lot more thought to these stories than it seems.

Also, I'm stuck. I need another person to play one of the antagonists. I say antagonist because they're not the "bad" guys, like shown in Chapter 2. But they might have a negative attitude. I was going to use DeathXShinigami or Cuddlebun but they got mad about being in the story it seems. Who should I use to fill this spot that hasn't already requested to not be in the story?
Sleep Powder
Cuddlebun. Antagonist. NOW! jk
Haneii
Moi o/
Pokebis
Pasonia is antagonist, gogogo!
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
First off, I don't know anyone really. The only people I see fit for it are the two people who got sensitive over being in it, it has to be someone I talked to at least once. I don't think Vext has been added yet, as long as he's a male I'll add him then. Unless Vext is a female, but at this point it's fine. I just don't want to include someone that I haven't seen post or talked to.

Did anyone read Chapter 2 yet? Two main people that should be reading it are E-Hooker and Quaraezha, though I tried to add a lot of humor. It's mostly a filler/bridge, so I had a lot of leg room for that one haha.
Vext_old

ddrXero64 wrote:

Vext wrote:

You're not a female...are you? You can be a cross dresser if that's what you mean...but no crossing the gender barrier sorry.
From a fictional story? Am I the only one that sees the irony in this? Fine I'll be an evil antagonist janitor then.

Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Vext wrote:

From a fictional story? Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

ddrXero64 wrote:

Edit: Everyone is a human, and they'll have at least one pokemon who represents them.

ddrXero64 wrote:

Remember though, this story revolves around the community. Just post like you usually do, and be yourself. I tend to pull random stuff out of what's happening and sneak it into the story.

It's not too ironic when you think about it. And I found a good way to put you in, I'm tired now, but I might be able to type it up in the morning...
Kitsunemimi
Oh man I so totally feel like getting involved in this. It's been so long since I last participated in a Pokémon-related fanfic... Except my previous ones involved partaking in our own individual roles directly AS Pokémon... but, close enough. Although, I haven't really talked to you enough in chat Xero, so I don't want you to misinterpret my behaviour... so maybe later.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Oh man I so totally feel like getting involved in this. It's been so long since I last participated in a Pokémon-related fanfic... Except my previous ones involved partaking in our own individual roles directly AS Pokémon... but, close enough. Although, I haven't really talked to you enough in chat Xero, so I don't want you to misinterpret my behaviour... so maybe later.
My last one which consisted of longer chapters (I took my time, it had a lot more imagery too, it took place in a forest) was describing the community as pokemon themselves. It went up to ten chapters, with a mini event (a special chapter that was off the side from the main story). I need to finish it soon, but this is the first time I try something different. Other than my special Elite Four story which was done in one go (3 hours) I've never attempted to use people themselves. It's different for me, but fun. The imagery is lessened, symbolism is twisted into more obvious allusions and the humor is a little more straightforward. I enjoy trying new styles, this is strictly a hobby and not what I do on a regular basis.

It's hard to find me, I'm literally unpredictable. I've been on the vent sometimes, and I can go on chat if you want me too. But I'm still getting into the groove of things, so I always space out on chat.

I tend to look at what's happening in the forum, which is why I like to look at some of the popular threads. If you're a common forum member, I'll notice it. The more I post, the more replies I get, and the more threads I find, the more I'll get to know people by personality.

For the tl;dr people:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=53059
Cuddlebun
does anyone else see the irony in some new person who doesn't know the community writing a community-based fic

like at all
Vext_old

Cuddlebun wrote:

does anyone else see the irony in some new person who doesn't know the community writing a community-based fic

like at all
It's so bold, even I see it!
Sleep Powder
I agree with Tode for once.

You have been here only a short time.

I just hope you figure out all of our genders first.

posting after Vext~ yay
Rantai
Ahh I do love stuff like this, seeing how one perceives others in a community.

Actually, if possible, I wouldn't mind being added in somewhere down the track. That aside keep up the writing, it's entertaining :)

SPOILER
Also I thought Medi-chan is female, but I've never talked to her/him so I don't know for sure.
Kokizi
can I be gar trainer's anti-hero?
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Cuddlebun wrote:

like at all
I would've agreed, but it seems you'll say anything to try and take down this story. I was kinda encouraged to do this by others, and I knew I didn't know many people. But I never really heard of someone getting mad that they were in a story. C'mon Cuddlebun, many people want you in it. Even E-Hooker got to bitchslap someone, you sure you don't wanna join? I haven't written Chapter 3 yet, I need a REAL antagonist, the forum depends on you. :P

BakaloidSky wrote:

can I be gar trainer's anti-hero?
I don't think anyone can save or destroy him as much as he can himself. But tell me, what's your favorite kind of music?

Rantai wrote:

Actually, if possible, I wouldn't mind being added in somewhere down the track. That aside keep up the writing, it's entertaining :)
Just to make sure...male right? Oh wait, I saw the pictures, never mind I got it. Hm....

Pokemon Dancer, done.

Edit: Wow, Danzai is a Euro Raver and Rantai is Pokemon Dancer, that worked out well! Didn't even plan it haha, you guys have a part together in Chapter 4, I can already see it.
Cuddlebun
No.

If you really knew the community you would easily be able to come up with another antagonist. But you don't. Hence the irony. Being said by someone who doesn't like the subject doesn't make a statement less true.
Wojjan
This is terribly written.

Testing Tode's theory
Kokizi

ddrXero64 wrote:

I don't think anyone can save or destroy him as much as he can himself. But tell me, what's your favorite kind of music?
Classical, could care less if it's Sonata, Solo Concerto and what not. as long as it's classical music
Claudia_old
I make such a good bitch.
Vext_old

Wojjan wrote:

This is terribly written.

Testing Tode's theory
I shall board the troll train for 5 seconds.

I see your terribly written and raise you a "How conceited do you have to be to make yourself the main character."
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Cuddlebun wrote:

No.
Guaranteed answer.

E-Hooker wrote:

I make such a good bitch.
The truth's out.

BakaloidSky wrote:

Classical, could care less if it's Sonata, Solo Concerto and what not. as long as it's classical music
Welcome aboard Pokemon Musician.

Vext wrote:

I shall board the troll train for 5 seconds.

I see your terribly written and raise you a "How conceited do you have to be to make yourself the main character."
Welcome aboard. Read my last story. The main character was the owner of the new SMO, and the entire story revolved around him bringing and keeping a community together. I was in that community for over a year. I've been here *checks watch* not too long, and I got asked multiple times to write the story.

Personalities are generic, and they'll be inaccurate. I made myself the main for now because I know myself pretty well. I could completely change that up in one chapter, and I actually planned to. I have a second protagonist in my next chapter who will be focused on.

Oh, this is for fun, derp. You're taking it too seriously gaiz.
Vext_old

ddrXero64 wrote:

Oh, this is for fun, derp. You're taking it too seriously gaiz.
It's srsbsns.

Derp.
Successful troll is successful
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Oh look, I wrote Chapter 3 and its extended ending.

Part 1 is done, and Part 2 will start when I can begin writing it. Here's a couple of things I don't feel like writing in paragraph form.

1. Off Topic=OT=Ohsu Thrashers. Symbolism guys.
  2. Kitsunemimi PM'd me asking for Glaceon. I don't like writing with restriction, then it wouldn't be creative writing. So don't ask, or the story will most likely end up as awkward as it did at the end of Chapter 3.
  3. I'm out of the story for now. Isn't that ironic.
  4. Master 3 pokemon refers to the three modes in osu! So yea.
  5. Medi-Chan is a girl now. I know what I'm dooooiiiiinnng, gosh.
  6. Kirby and animask made a small appearance. I squeezed a lot in, which is why the extended ending is there. It wouldn't have made sense with the shift in story for Part 2. So Kirby and animask will definitely have bigger parts later on.
  7. It's now 5 sections written. I don't know any story that explained everything at the beginning, so let the story unfold some before you start complaining about certain things. You know how I said before "I bullshitted my way through high school," right? Yea, this is how. This story is pulled out of nowhere as I write it because it, like the community, can change at any moment. It's a parody more than fiction, so it'll take actual forum events into the story, even if it doesn't make sense. Don't like it? lol, go write your own, no need to get dramatic.

Cuddlebun wrote:

No.

If you really knew the community you would easily be able to come up with another antagonist. But you don't. Hence the irony. Being said by someone who doesn't like the subject doesn't make a statement less true.
Right, because the person is wrong either way. Good point.
Kitsunemimi
Derp.
Sleep Powder
"Gradually, your knowledge of us will grow. Your perception of us will change both in the story and in the real world. That is how your story will unfold."
Topic Starter
ddrXero64
Seems like someone finally gets it (fully). Thanks. I also seemed to find my old fan fiction account which was used for my old story. Since I'm finally writing a new story, I'm going to use that to update them all at once. Click my signature to view the stories I've written and still currently write.
Rantai
Rentai
Some things just never change in my life hehe.
Topic Starter
ddrXero64

Rantai wrote:

Rentai
Some things just never change in my life hehe.
What are you talking about?
Rantai
Whether deliberate or not, Rentai was always a common misspelling/mispronunciation of Rantai, even when I was young.

Edit: Guess I should be blunt, misspelling of the name on part 5.
show more