forum

[Archived] Select few of beatmaps 'glitching'

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Electovoid
In a very small amount of my maps, there is no sound, you cannot hit the notes and skip will not work - video below explains the problem a little better.
In one case (Dokito's Elder Dragon Legend) this occured mid map (Playing fine up to a point, then suddenly mp3 cut and notes were not clickable. Even when auto played. However this is the only case I've found so far and do not have a video of it)

The issue is fixed when redownloading the map, only once the original has been deleted. This is not just on unsubmitted maps as it has happened on MY FIRST STORY - Alone.
It also occurs when spectating a player, playing the affected maps on my end.

Video; https://youtu.be/Nit-Qurjod4

I tested on Stable[Latest] and the issue still occurs
I think that is all, if ive missed anything about the problem Ill edit -

I'm currently keeping https://osu.ppy.sh/b/517308 with this glitch.

osu! version: 20161101cuttingedge
Dntm8kmeeatu
Check the songs folder and see if the songs .mp3 got deleted somehow?
Topic Starter
Electovoid

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Check the songs folder and see if the songs .mp3 got deleted somehow?
MP3 still there - however an error occurs and doesnt allow the mp3 to play. Not sure how that should affect unclickable circles however

Ill also state that they definitely did work previously - ive only noticed this week that they do not work - and i have not touched the files. I did try delete all of 1-3* maps at once (coming back once i hit F5 sadly however) but that is all i have done osu wise.

I also didnt update or re-download any of the maps affected, it seems to be almost completely random - but it is only a very small amount
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well if the .mp3 doesn't work it most likely got corrupted (somehow). And osu! can't initiate the file and causes that wacky behaviour.

All you can do is redownload the map, or replace the .mp3 with a working one.
Topic Starter
Electovoid

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Well if the .mp3 doesn't work it most likely got corrupted (somehow). And osu! can't initiate the file and causes that wacky behaviour.

All you can do is redownload the map, or replace the .mp3 with a working one.
Hmm alright, do you have any clue on how they could have gotten corrupted? Just came across some more maps that are similar - a little irritating but if i know how they got corrupted then i could maybe prevent the corruption again. It is starting to seem like a reasonable amount of maps

Also, any reason why redownloading only works when deleting the map beforehand? Surely downloading should replace the file, or am I mistaken?
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'm not sure what could of caused the files to get corrupted or break fairly honest. (Maybe something went wrong when deleting some maps?)

As for needing to delete the map first, I think osu! just doesn't bother to actually install the map if one with the same metadata ID's already exist (To prevent unnecessary score loss and stat resets or what ever.) Don't quote me on that though. I'm not 100% sure on why it does what it does. I didn't make it lol. But that explanation makes sense to me.
Topic Starter
Electovoid

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I'm not sure what could of caused the files to get corrupted or break fairly honest. (Maybe something went wrong when deleting some maps?)

As for needing to delete the map first, I think osu! just doesn't bother to actually install the map if one with the same metadata ID's already exist (To prevent unnecessary score loss and stat resets or what ever.) Don't quote me on that though. I'm not 100% sure on why it does what it does. I didn't make it lol. But that explanation makes sense to me.
Ahh i see, thank you!
Kao
Did your computer unexpectedly shutdown or osu! Crash while it was running?
Or maybe you unplugged your USB while osu! Is placed in it?
It could cause this.