forum

osu!-karaoke Grand Prix FINAL ROUND

posted
Total Posts
show more
ddrXero64

ddrXero64 wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

Define introduction. Do you mean in the song or some words by me?

Edit: If there are curse words in the song, is that fine?
Can you answer these questions? I was hoping you'd get to them, I don't know how to do my submission, and the song I have has some curse words.

ddrXero64 wrote:

This contest is such a mess. I don't think I'll submit an entry, I rather wait until a fresh contest comes up in months rather than be confused about what's going on now...
I was confused about this, I didn't think I was going to submit, and I didn't plan to. But I got the PM, and I guess I could do one, but I'm still confused. I don't mean to sound like a noob or something, but I've never done this, so I'm just making sure. Dunno what the introduction should have, and whether swears are ok.

Also, it would REALLY help if someone could post an example, from youtube or something, just so I know what I'm doing. Thanks...
alvisto

ddrXero64 wrote:

ddrXero64 wrote:

This contest is such a mess. I don't think I'll submit an entry, I rather wait until a fresh contest comes up in months rather than be confused about what's going on now...
I was confused about this, I didn't think I was going to submit, and I didn't plan to. But I got the PM, and I guess I could do one, but I'm still confused. I don't mean to sound like a noob or something, but I've never done this, so I'm just making sure. Dunno what the introduction should have, and whether swears are ok.

Also, it would REALLY help if someone could post an example, from youtube or something, just so I know what I'm doing. Thanks...
I don't think details or technicalities are that much important though, cause we are having a fun competition, not a serious competition.

Last time I did an introduction for season 2, where I said that, "Hello, I am alvisto. I will be singing kimi no shiranai monogatari from supercell" with that laughable asian japanese-like english accent. Well, Larto removed the introduction anyway... xD

I think this time I will be saying more though for introduction, just for the fun of it. xD

also, can someone sticky this ?

also I like the concept of non-elimination and grand prix ! xD
ddrXero64
...fine. I will *try* (Key word try) to do one today, but I'm such a perfectonist in certain things. So it'll take me forever, knowing it'll suck. Okay, I'll get on it then...

UPDATE: I finished my submission. I'll be sending a link to a streaming video with the audio though, unless it's absolutely necessary you guys download it. If so, I can put up a download link too. When you said PM I didn't know in what format, so I hope a video with audio is fine. The video is just a picture, I put the audio with it using Windows Movie Maker Vista, so it's all good (I was able to fix the audio levels too with that).

Intro is like 35 secs, clip is like 2:31. So in total it's like 3:06, hope that's fine.

Edit: What's a puush or uppy? Can someone give me proper directions for that stuff please? I downloaded puush a while ago, but not sure how it should be used...

Edit 2: I think I got it, I'll send it now.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Your voice clip should be sent to my PM box! puush or an uppy uploaded file is required. (Include song and artist names.)
lol sub'd to this thread with notifications

Read the rules.
ddrXero64
sorry dude, I didn't know what either was. I just learned how to use it though, my bad. (I edited my post) :)
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
It's alright.

Just remember to save as a .wav or .mp3 (lulz) instead of a .wma file.

I already converted the one you gave me so everythings cool.
ddrXero64
Oh shit I saved as a windows movie file, I'll reupload later, I gotta go out. You can ignore the first file then.
Nekoroll
A big "good luck, have fun" to all the contestants. :D
Mashley
Sorry, I'm going to drop out.
ddrXero64
I'm surprised I even submitted mine, all these karaoke contests are a mess.
Nekoroll
No matter who turns in their entries, I'll still judge whoever is left. Really the only reason why the attendance to the Grand Prix is low is because of the other karaoke thread. No reason to downtalk them. After all, that would just be promoting a negative mindset, which is something that we wouldn't want. :3 We all want some good, clean, positive fun.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
There is still some time left before the deadline.

If you need more time, please ask for an extension in this thread.
ddrXero64
Yea, I'm not downtalking them at all, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was completely confused between the two. I was hoping there could be some agreement and both could be meshed together to start over (since the other was offering a prize), but they were both running. I practically flipped a coin and picked this one, I don't know the forum well enough to know who's reliable but this one seemed like the better choice.

Anyway, hope it goes well.
Xgor
Hopefully I will have it done today, sorry if I'm late. I haven't got a decent recording so far. (Maybe a extension to tomorrow would be good considering the time zones)
Nekoroll

Xgor wrote:

Hopefully I will have it done today, sorry if I'm late. I haven't got a decent recording so far. (Maybe a extension to tomorrow would be good considering the time zones)
On that note, animask should set up not only the deadline day, but also the time (UTC 0 basically) unless everyone thinks that might be making it a little too serious? XD

Looking forward to hearing the submissions. :D
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Oh, should I have announced that there was a 1 day extension?

lol whoops

No reply from Lanttu yet.

Also, KoromoAmae decided to join at this time.
Nekoroll
10 hours since your last post announcing that 1 day extension, animask. I assume that the official deadline has passed now. Have you prepared all the submissions for the judges? :D
Lanttu
I'm sorry, turns out I'm too busy at the moment afterall to take a part in this. ;_; Please continue without me. /me salutes and jumps over the edge
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
@Lanttu

I'll miss you and your awesome singing!

Anyways, sent the entries to all the judges.

(FFFF--- just realized I'm a judge too.)
Nekoroll
Submitted my results. :3 Tee hee~
poisonchan
ah f- I just noticed this thread now.. (I need to be more active on forum lol)

No way to join :T ?
Zelos

poisonchan wrote:

I have no idea. I will ask animask.

ANYWAYS!

animask my brah my scores are submitted to you.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

poisonchan wrote:

Actually, you can still join.

You'll just be at a disadvantage, but you could still catch up due to the grading system.
jjrocks
That was pretty fun =w= and I'm moderately satisfied with the scores I gave with everyone (there was one though....). Good luck to everyone~
ddrXero64
Hm, I think I got an idea for Round Two. I'll record it when I can, but I'm usually good about doing it on time, usually ahead too. A little more confident too seeing that this thread is still moving. I'll get it in soon for Round Two. :)
rust45
I just noticed I'm the only judge that hasn't judged yet, I'm a little busy this weekend but I might be able to find a spot to judge tomorrow if that's alright.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

rust45 wrote:

I just noticed I'm the only judge that hasn't judged yet, I'm a little busy this weekend but I might be able to find a spot to judge tomorrow if that's alright.
Everyone judged so fast. Less than 24 hours, then BAM!
Quicker than any of the osu!Idols.
KoromoAmae
I'm really glad that animask is sending out the next round for the competitors before the results are up. I think that's the strong point of an event like this.

My only worry is that the absurd cuteness from my round 2 selection won't translate to a male voice.
Nekoroll

animask wrote:

rust45 wrote:

Everyone judged so fast. Less than 24 hours, then BAM!
Quicker than any of the osu!Idols.
Dedication, my man. I really love karaoke-type contests and didn't want people to think that they would always be unsuccessful just because of a few bad attempts.

Like Koromo said, it's great to have the next theme up before results are out. Reduces wait time, especially since the Grand Prix doesn't have elimination.

LOL On that note, I'd love to hear the next round of submissions. ;) Good luck to all the contestants again and pchan (although a little bit of a late entry for her).
alvisto
Does TV shows include anime ? *puppy eyes*
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

alvisto wrote:

Does TV shows include anime ? *puppy eyes*
Of course~

EDIT: It also includes MLP, but I doubt anyone would choose that.
alvisto
Oh ya, just wondering, is there any prize for this competition ? xD

Even a mod request prize would be awesome as well.... ORZ...
Zelos

alvisto wrote:

Oh ya, just wondering, is there any prize for this competition ? xD

Even a mod request prize would be awesome as well.... ORZ...
Well I suppose 3/5 judges do mod! (Zelos, animask, and rust45)
I suppose jjrocks might consent to modding to maybe. (rocky brah)
I'm not sure if Nekoroll mods though. (Nekkkoooo.)
alvisto
Submitted due to the fact that I will be starting to work next Monday... xD Good luck everyone ! xD
rust45
Sent in scores, I just want to say I had a tough time choosing over a couple of you.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
I feel like Nekoroll should be my co-host.

Results are in the Scoreboard box.
alvisto
Woohoo ! I get no.1 ! xD Thanks judges :3
Nekoroll

animask wrote:

I feel like Nekoroll should be my co-host.
Why do you say that? XD I just speak honestly about how I'm feeling and check the boards like 25 times a day because I don't have much else to do other than a job. lol

Congrats to alvisto for getting the lead. Don't forget that since this is grading a la Mario Kart, every contestant still has a chance to win. :D

Also, I don't really mod (other than a "uhhh, I don't know exactly what's wrong with the map but I think it feels off lol") but I can contribute something. Give me some time to think it over. XD

Edit: Not sure if a 6-month subscription would be a little too much for a 7-participant contest, but I could pitch that in as a prize if everything thinks it's okay or have another kind of prize I could do.
Krisom
We can't hear the other people submissions/can't see feedback on their submissions :<?
Nekoroll

Krisom wrote:

We can't hear the other people submissions/can't see feedback on their submissions :<?
Oh right. You should post them up, animask. XD This is pretty important for everyone to learn why certain participants got the results they did.

Only thing I'm worried about is if the other judges would be comfortable having what they ranked each participant displayed out in the open. I hope they're prepared for potential hate, if any. :3 Unless you would prefer to keep each judge as anonymous?
show more